Chapter 1

supernova

I got up from my bed after I heard something hit the ground really hard. I pushed the door of my room open to see what's going on. Straight from me, I see my roommates watching tv and laughing. So I thought they probably drop something so I turned around and started to walk back to my room. I was about to close the door when I heard Yunho voice and it didn't sound like his normal voice. His happy voice that was full of energy and laughter, It sounded more like he was angry and he was about to kill someone. So I quickly rn to see what's going on. That's when I saw the new kid on the ground looking down his bangs covering his eyes and a small cut on his lips, that's looked like it was bleeding. I looked up at Yunho who was about to throw another punch. So I ran up to him grabbing his hand stopping his punch. “ WONHO HYUNG LET GO OF ME.”  he shouted after I stopped him. I looked down to see how the new kid was doing while holding back Yunho who was trying to away from me. “Yunho stop he could be hurt,” I said pushing Yunho back after he managed to get off my grip. But Yunho wasn't backing off he looked ready to kill the kid on the ground holding his mouth. That's one thing I learned from my roommates is don't mess with them cause once they are angry you have to hide until they cool down. And it wasn't really fun living with 10 guys who all have different powers. Yunho pushed me aside and grabbed the new kid by the collar bringing him to his feet. I could see Yunho was ready to punch him. the new kid who I keep forgetting his name I think it was chang something. I didn't really care to learn it. He didn't look like he cared he was being beaten up. He just looked down biting his lower lip like he always did since he came to live with us. And before I could do anything else Yunho pushed him up against the wall kicking him in the stomach so hard. The kick was so painful that I could feel it but the kid didn't even flinch.

That's when I saw something I never saw in a nova since I come to midnova 7 years ago. while Yunho was about to hit him again the kid eyes color changed from dark brown to ice blue. I don't think Yunho noticed it. But hell it sends chills down my vanes. I quickly pulled Yunho of him. even though he was looking down I could see his eyes and it was still shining blue. And he had a smile on his face. He didn't look up and just walked away closing the door to his room. After he went to his room I Let go of Yunho who was still angry. “ hyung why did you stop me I could have thought that bastard who he was messing with.” Yunho said looking at me straight in the eye. “ what did he even do.” I asked curiously wanting to know what happened. I mean I didn't know the kid personally he came to live with as 2 weeks ago. And he didn't talk or say anything since he me. He just stayed far away from us as possible. So I really wanted to know how the hell did he manage to get Yunho so mad. “ he hit me on the shoulder with his shoulder and didn't apologize.” Yunho said walking away to join the other in the living from. I shooked my head thinking to myself that was the dumbest thing to beat someone over. I looked at the new kid's room one more time before heading to the living room. I was also hoping I was just hallucinating see his eyes color change.

I walked into the living room sitting next to jooheon who was holding a pillow tight. I asked kihyun what was up with him cause he looked so scared. “ we just watched a scary movie.” kihyun said getting up to get something from the kitchen. I nodded understanding even though we are novas and have superpowers. Jooheon seemed to be scared of everything something I have a hard time believing he is a nova. Everything was going well we're just watching an episode of supernatural. Where sam imaginary friend come back asking him for help after some of his friends were killed. I laughed when I was how Dean was surprised when Sam imaginary friends made himself visible so he could see him.

When all of sudden the new kid come in the living room. He stood right in front of the tv looking directly at Yunho. All of us were surprised he didn't move he just stood there smiling. I heard kihyun asking him if he's alright. But he didn't say anything he just stood there with his oversized black hoodie he always wears. It started to really freak us out he wasn't saying anything. “ you really want me to beat you up again.” Yunho said getting up from where he sitting. Shownu stood up holding him back. When all of sudden the whole power went out. I looked around to to see what happened. The whole living room was pitch dark and the only thing we could see was the kid’s eyes change color making the whole room shine. He closed his eyes and the power come back on. We all looked at each other shocked of what just happened. “ I don't like people touching me,” he said his voice deep for someone his age. Actually that's was the first time we heard him talk. “ so he speaks.” yunho said walking up to him. The kid just looked at Yunho his eyes were back to the normal color. Yunho was about to throw a punch. When shownu grabbed him pushing him back on the couch. “see when I get angry things get ugly also when I am angry I don't have a control over myself.” he said we saw him close his eyes and when he opened them they were back to the ice blue I saw earlier.  

“ ahhhhhhhh” Yunho screamed. We all stop looking at the kid when we heard Yunho painful cry.  Yunho was on the ground holding tight to his stomach. Minhyuk pulled him up to see what was wrong. “ see I don't need to use my fest  to fight cause I could just kill you painfully like this.” he said smiling. “changkyun whatever you're doing stop.” kihyun said standing up holding Yunho arm. “ that's funny like I said I don't have control I can't stop until the target is dead.” changkyun said looking at Yunho smiling.

We were all looking at Yunho who was in more pain. “hey changkyun right please stop whatever you're doing please.” I said turning away from looking at Yunho. Before he could reply song-gun jump on him they both hit the ground. Jooheon and minhyuk run to help song-gun. But before they could get even closer to him  was flying across the room hitting the wall and he was stuck there his head tilted up. We could see him move his eyes but he was stuck on the wall not able to move. I wanted to say something. When everything in the house started to go in the air. We were all stuck to where we were at. None of us could use our powers. Whatever changkyun was he was no ordinary nova he was so strong. Like most of us who had one to 2 powers, changkyun had more and I don't even know how that's possible. I tried to move my head to see if Yunho was okay. That's when I notice shownu was gone. I couldn't move my head anymore so I stopped trying. I heard the front door fly open and ms.Lee and our principal coming in running. I could see the shock on there faces when they saw changkyun eyes and all of us stuck in one place, with gun on the wall and Yunho on the ground gasping for air. Our principal Mr.Han run to changkyun stabbing a shot in his arm knocking him down. I saw changkyun drop on the ground his eyes changing back to his normal color. And just like that, he passed out and we were free. Gun hit the ground. Yunho started to breathe normally. I just stared at changkyun unconscious body I still had the image of when his eyes went back to normal. It looked like he wasn't aware of his powers.

Jooheon and minhyuk run and help gun up while kihyun and hyungwon asked Yunho if he's  alright. “ boys I want you to not tell anyone about what happened here.” Mr.Han said his voice sounding colder than usual. “ ms.lee can you come help me.” he said picking changkyun up from the ground. “ yes sir.” ms. Lee said running to Mr.han helping him. She looked pretty much shocked herself. We were all shocked and a little shaken from what happened. I can't really blame her. “ where you taking him.” I asked after I saw them walking out of the house with unconscious changkyun on Mr.han shoulder. “ boys let's forget everything that happened here we will take care of him.” Mr.han said leaving while ms.lee closed the door behind them.

For a whole minute we didn't say anything to each other. We just stood there confused from the incident. “ what the hell just happened.” minhyuk said his voice a little shaky. “ I don't know man but that was one of the weirdest thing I saw.” jooheon said walking through the couch and throwing himself on there. “ shownu hyung how did you get out.” hyungwon asked standing up. “ after I saw gun fly on the wall I got out of the door in the back,” shownu said sitting next to jooheon. “ I feel sorry for him.” I said looking around to see if anyone agree with me. “ hyung are you crazy he almost killed yunho.” gun said angrily looking directly at me. “ I know but he didn't it was like he was trying to stop himself from what he was doing,” I said knowing it will make the other angry. “I know it sounds crazy but the kid looked like he didn't have control over his power. And he was trying to stop himself from actually killing yunho. Cause with powers like that he could have killed yunho the minute he started. But he didn't.” I said walking to the kitchen to get some water my throat kind hurt from the incident. “ wonho hyung you are crazy.” yunho said getting up from the ground with kihyun help. “ I agree with you though.” kihyun said helping Yunho sit on the couch. “ you two lost your minds.” I heard gun say before leaving the living room.  “ what could we do Mr.han took him.” jooheon said frustrated running his hands through his hair.  “ let's head to bed we have classes tomorrow.”shownu said standing up. the others nodded and went in there rooms. After a while, I went to my room. I couldn't sleep all I could think about was changkyun his powers and how he didn't have control. A part of me wanted to help the kid. There this strange feeling I had wherever Mr.han took him we will never see him again.