I. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

A Slythepuff Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

 

 

It was finally September the first again.

 

Students from ages 11 to 18 were forming a crowd in platform 93/4 at King Cross’s Station located in Incheon. They were waiting for a certain train to arrive, which would take them to their second home ground. Amidst the students, there was a certain young brunette who appeared to be haggard.

 

She had her shoulders slumped as she sits on her carrier with her gaze focused on her shoes as she moves it left to right in a small continuously-patterned motion.

 

Her attention was abruptly snapped back to reality when an outer force was exerted at her, which lands her bum — not so softly to the ground. She whips her head towards the intruder who had pushed her and opens for the time during the night.

 

“Seriously, Lee Jaehwan? A simple hello would have been much more appreciated – like so, very, darn much.”

 

The said guy gave her a cheeky grin before casually saying “Exactly Youngji, but I don’t like simple. That’s boring.”

 

She had to admit, Jaehwan was one heck of a beautiful creature. He had brown messy hair and a lean figure with god-given proportions. His nose and jaw would be his best trait – it was just so sharp that it would slice your heart.

 

Youngji shakes her head side to side to show her disapproval at him while brushing herself up from the cold floor. She tries to stop her lips from forming a smile to show him her distaste; which she fails to do so. “Why do you have to be so extra, Jyani?”

 

His action was indeed a tad bit annoying, however, her joy in seeing her best friend again was more overwhelming. “Where’s your sister?” she says as she looks around him — unable to find a certain short haired lady. Jaehwan scratches his nape as he gives his shoulders a shrug while smiling sheepishly. “You lost her again?!” Youngji exclaims in exasperation. “Is this some annual ritual or something? She’s your twin sister for Pete’s sake. How do you guys manage to lose each annually? Like seriously, tell me your ways.”

 

Jaehwan raises his hands feigning surrender while puckering his lips out in a pouty manner. “It’s not my fault that she was born with dwarf legs.” And as if on cue, he suddenly groans in pain as he arches his back while wiggling to ease the pain — of being smacked, hard.

 

“I’m not a dwarf, you idiot! I’m 5ft4! Which means I’m over-average—“

 

“It’s above average, Jihyun”

 

“Oh, don’t interrupt me, Youngji!” Jihyun says as she crosses her arms. “I get it you’re the smarty and I’m the dwarfy”

 

“HAH! You just self-proclaimed that you are a dwarf!” Jaehwan exclaims while pointing his index at her while sticking his tongue out.

 

“Ugh! I hate you both” Jihyun states while smacking Jaehwan’s arm attempting to stop him with his endless teasings. Lee Jihyun was definitely far from being a dwarf. Her height was ideal for the girls – mind to note that Korea’s average height for females is 5ft3. She amazingly sported short hair that had soft brown locks at the end, which would bounce around just above her shoulders.

 

Chooga chooga choo choo

 

The engine of a certain train could finally be heard coming closer and closer to the platform. Soon enough, the platform became noisier with the lower levels’ excitement – especially for the first years. Jihyun, Jaehwan and Youngji were all in their 7th year, which explains why they were more composed and nonchalant with it.

 

They took a few steps back to avoid being stampeded and coincidentally bumped into Hakyeon, Jihyun’s house mate and crush. “Hakyeon-ah!” Youngji calls out for the lad. Hakyeon was as tall as Jaehwan and possessed a well toned with perfectly chocolate glazed body. Youngji assumes that he gained his fitness due to his passion for dancing. If she remembers correctly, he has once told her that since he was a muggle born, he would always go to the muggle world during breaks and take dance lessons there – he’s been dancing since the age of 8.

 

“Youngji, Jaehwan, Jihyun!” He greets them with a smile while waving his arm at them excitedly. “It’s so great to see you guys again. I’ve been here alone unable to find my house mates.” He adds.

 

“Well, you’ve found one now.” Jaehwan says as he pushes Jihyun towards Hakyeon, making their shoulders touch. “I— Jaehwan! You idiot, don’t push me!” Jihyun says while fully facing Jaehwan and showing Hakyeon her back view only. It was her lame attempt to cover her sudden cherry-red face. To which, Jaehwan was enjoying. He simply gave a shrug while putting on an innocent face “Oopsie sissy”

 

“Ugh, please don’t make me hex you on the first day of school.”

 

Hakyeon suddenly lets out a chuckle while placing a hand over Jihyun’s shoulder. “Come on guys, enough with the quarreling. We got to get on the train now.” He says with a flick of his head towards the train — making Jihyun inwardly squeal to herself while mouthing ‘oh my goodness’ to Youngji.

 

The four of them quickly checked their belongings, to see if anything got lost. Thankfully everything was there with nothing lost. They carried their carriers and entered the train. They had to walk a bit to search for a vacant room since they were nearly the last people to hop on.

 

“Ah, found one! Come bring your tired saggy bums here!” Jaehwan says as he opens the door and enters first — followed by Youngji, Jihyun and Hakyeon. They placed their bags over their heads before getting comfortable in their seats.

 

Youngji sits beside the window resting her head against it while positioning herself into a fetus position by hugging her knees close to her chest. “Hey is something wrong?” Jihyun asks her softly while petting her head in a tender manner — making her feel relaxed and eased. “Honestly, I wasn’t able to sleep a wink last night.” She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter