Final~

Just a Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jeon Jungkook! My office, now!” The principal shouted while pointing his index finger at Jungkook. He was drench in paint. Apparently, Jungkook thought that the principal is way too boring and lame, so he decided to give him a little color, so he placed a bucket of red paint above the door and it falls once the principal get inside his office. The tactic was so lame but somehow the principal manage to fall into the trick.

Jungkook follow close behind. He glances to his right and Jimin is walking beside him. He sighs in relief and showing his bunny teeth smile. Jimin shake his head but he smiles back, Jungkook is just unstoppable. He gets what he wants and he does what he wants. Jungkook created his own rules and he followed them by heart.

Jimin is being drag by Jungkook to follow his rules and he just can’t disobey. Jungkook is like his cute little brother and he loves him; he don’t want to lose Jungkook, one of his biggest rule is make Jungkook happy and he will never, ever, break that rules, no matter what.

“It does suit him though; why is he so angry about it?” Jungkook frown and from beside, he could see Jimin smiling. He nudges to his right and bump with Jimin’s shoulder. Jimin nudge him back but Jungkook was quick to avoid it and Jimin went a little way to the left and he bumps into the locker. “Jerk.” Jimin muttered under his breath and Jungkook just laugh.

“Can you please hurry up; it didn’t take five years to arrive at my office, Jeon.” The principal said; his arms cross over his chest and with a scowl on his face. He patiently taps his feet, throwing dagger at Jungkook with his eyes. “Wish me luck hyung.”

“You know I always do.” Jimin said with his famous crescent eye smile. He waved goodbye to Jungkook and waited for him at the chair nearby. 30 minutes later, Jungkook came out.

“So? What happen? Did the principal kick you out? Are you on detention? Come on answer me, I need answers. Don’t stay quiet!!” Jimin shouted while shaking Jungkook shoulder violently. Jungkook laugh and shrug his hyung hands away. “I’m fine hyung. The principal didn’t kick me out and yes, I got detention after school for two hours.” Jungkook said.

Jimin huff and cross his arm over his chest. He shakes his head and almost, notes the keyword, almost choke the younger. Jungkook acted like nothing happen, sure they’ve done this many times but it always makes Jimin anxious. What if Jungkook got expelled and Jimin wasn’t there to help him? It scares him thinking something like that could happen to Jungkook.

“Why are you so relaxed?” Jimin asked; finally giving in with his thoughts.

“Well, I know he won’t kick me out from school and he won’t call my parents so the best he could do is giving detention.” Jimin face palm; Jungkook is obviously not an idiot but how can he thinks like that? Doesn’t he have many possibilities running through his head when he got into principal office?

Jungkook is unbelievable; all he thinks about is his rule.

“I hope you will stop following your own rules and enjoy the life.” Jimin said; he didn’t walk side by side with Jungkook. He’s not mad; just upset maybe.

“I can’t live without my rules, you know that.” Jungkook easily catch up with Jimin because of their different in height. Jimin hates when someone talk about that even Jungkook is not allowed to speak about it, he might be in danger.

“I don’t know that, now go away. I don’t need you around.” Jimin huff and storm his way out of the main hall, Jungkook was left alone, dumbfounded, what did he do wrong this time?

The night was cold and windy but he didn’t care. He needs a break and this is one of it. Being in this cold weather can help cooling down his anger. He hated his life but he has nothing to prevent it from getting worsen. He takes a deep breath and exhale. The prove the night was cold was the smoke that came out from his mouth when he exhale.

He wonders, why of all the people around the world, he was the lucky one to be selected to have the worse family ever? Maybe this is one of his many challenges he should face but when will he be free from this challenge? Will he be able be free? Free is a strong word and it is something he prays for every night before he goes to sleep.

He can’t hold back the tears running down through his cheeks; so he cried his heart out. Even if he exhausted he can’t do anything about it but to cry. He won’t harm himself; that is idiot. The tears resemble the pain he’s been going through. He sometimes imagine about having a nice family that care for him, treated him right and loves him no matter what; it makes his heart warm. The feeling of having a loving family was his dreams but the dream was long forgotten, since he was five years old.

It’s fine.

That’s what he’s been telling himself, but oh well, who is he to change his own fate? He knows that the fate was already decided since they were born into this world, everyone has their own fate and all they could do is accept it. They can change the fate but with a decision and is he strong enough to make a decision? To change one? He might falls and no one will be there to catch him. It’s pathetic. The weather was perfect that night for someone so miserable like him, so why not take walk?

But instead, he ran.

“What the hell Jungkook? You lied. You said you got detention for two hours after school but then your mom said you got kicked out from school. Explain.” Jimin said sternly. Never before he was mad but when Jungkook lied to him, he just can’t accept it. Is Jungkook losing his faith on Jimin? It hurts if he does.  

“I’m sorry hyung.” Jungkook said and he didn’t continue. He stares at Jimin with his big doe eyes hoping Jimin will accept his apology but he was so dead wrong. Jimin was giving him the face that said sorry-wont-fix-anything-Jeon. Jungkook sigh defeated; he ruffled his hair while lying flatly on his bed. They were in Jungkook’s bedroom because they got some homework to do but the shocking news about Jungkook got kick out from school was very unpleasant to hear.

“I’m sorry that I lie hyung; it is because I don’t want you to know it. You will quit school and go to the same school as me. I know you really like this school because you finally got the chance to be in a dance club so I don’t want to ruin it. But if I told you, I’m going to be selfish and all I think is about myself; I will be ing lonely if you are not there with me.” He let out a deep sigh and ruffled his already messy hair.

“Hyung, you know I can’t live without you, right?” Jungkook asked; he didn’t dare to look at Jimin’s face right now. He’ll cry and that is not cool for someone so cool like him. His heart beating like crazy; waiting for Jimin’s answer.

“Look at me when I speak Jungkook.” Jimin demanded. Jungkook sit up straight; he hesitates for a moment, his eyes wondering everywhere instead of Jimin’s eye and the second feels like hour and hour feels like day and day feels like week and week feels like month and month feels like year; he really need to work with his courage more so he can stare Jimin in the eyes for longer than a second.

“Jungkook.” Jimin called his name with softer tone. He tilted his head to the left; making funny faces until Jungkook laugh. Finally, Jungkook is staring at Jimin’s beautiful deep brown eyes.

“It not just you Jungkook, but me too; I am selfish, even more than you. I don’t care how many school I have to transfer as long as I have you by my side. You’re all I have now and I can’t be by myself, I’ll break Jungkook. I’ll break.” Jimin avoided eye contact with Jungkook; he swallowed the tear that is too damn hard to control.

“I can’t live without you too.” Jimin finally admit and let out a chortle. Jungkook did the same and they both were crying, they didn’t care if either of them is looking ugly as or messy, all they need is each other and there is nothing that can separate them. Even the fate can’t mess with them.

“So, which school now? I am pretty sure no other school with accept us anymore since we’ve been going into far too many schools.” Jimin said; sitting next to Jungkook. They got some snacks with them so they will be staying in Jungkook room until dinner.

“Oh, I know one school that will accept us, don’t worry but for now, we just have to chill and enjoy the summer before school starts.” They are considered lucky because when Jungkook ‘bathed’ the principal with the pink liquid, they were already at the end of the week of school. They have a month to find out which school will accept them and that is a lot of time.



He’s been running for who knows how long. He ran until his feet numb and he stopped to catch a breath. He glances back and a wave of relief flash through his body. His house is far behind and if he doesn’t come home, he bets the household would be happy. He’s nothing to them but a burden. His mother always scolded him: even if he’s the ace of the class they won’t appreciate him. He once showed his exam result to his parent and all they did is burn the result. ‘If that is money, then I will gladly take them. If it’s no; don’t ing show it to me.’ They said.

After that happens, he cried all night. Why did his parent won’t accept it? It will be useful in the future and they just have to burn it. After a while, he decided to get a job and he did. He works as a waiter at a very well known restaurant and they paid him pretty decent. Every time he got paid, he keeps half with him and the other half will be given to his parent. He loves to see his parent smile and they only smile when they receive the money from him, after that they shoo him to not disturb them.

Even if the smile lasted for a few second, then it’s fine. He didn’t mind it, he got to made them smile and happy for a while. The image of them smiling will be stored inside his head for a while and he’s happy for that. ‘You’re a for giving them such money you know.’ His best of friend said to him one day; he laughs.

“I am a .” He said while laughing sadly. He sat at the bridge fence while swinging his leg playfully. He looks below and the river is pretty dark, if he falls, will he swim back? Is there crocodile in there? It’s funny to think about that stuff now. Well, he’s at Mapo Bridge right now, what bad things can happen?

A month later.

Jungkook found a new high school for him and Jimin. They meet at their usual place before going to school. They promise to go together but Jimin didn’t show up. Jungkook waited for half an hour but he still didn’t show up. He wants to go to Jimin’s house but the oldest didn’t give him the address nor invite him over to his house. When they hang out, they only go to Jungkook’s. Jungkook phone rang. It was his mom calling so he answers it.

“Hey mom, why are you calling?”

“You’re not in school?”

“I’m still waiting for Jimin hyung. I will go once he comes.”

“Sweetheart” she hesitates for a moment before saying another word.

“What if he never comes? You know that right.”

“Mom please, I’m trying to forget it but I can’t.” He replied with a shaky voice.

“I know sweetheart, I’m sorry. But if he’s not there in 20 minutes then you have to go to school okay?”

“Okay mom, got it. Love you.”

“Love you too.”

He hang up.

“Where are you hyung?” Jungkook said. He keeps glancing over his watch and time is ticking faster than he thought.  In about 20 minutes, the school will start and he will be missing his first class if Jimin didn’t show up. Five minutes later, Jimin came running towards him while waving his hand.

“S…sorry, I…I oversleep.” Jimin bows down; his hand on his knee and he needed some air. He’s been running from his house knowing he’s in fact very late by

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter