My Cold-Hearted Bodyguard

My Cold-Hearted Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So basically, I have grown up in danger all my life as my father is one of the richest businessmen in South Korea. Let's just put it this way, my father isn't one of the nicest businessmen out there. He is successful but at the same time, managed to make a lot of enemies almost everywhere he set foot. And because of that, our family has always been targeted by his many enemies and we will occasionally be hunted down by hitmen. 

Ever since then, my father has hired every family member a personal bodyguard to protect us at all times possible. That was when Son Hyunwoo came into my chaotic life and kept me company as I am the only child at home. With him being by my side 24/7, it really helped me overcome the loneliness. Though he rarely spoke, his presence was enough to comfort me. He insisted I call him Shownu, and I thought it was really cute how he didn't like his real name.

At first, I was really grateful for having him always be there for me although to him, he was only doing what he's directed to do. However, after a few hitmen attempted to assassinate me, Shownu went out of his way to save me and even heavily wounded himself in the process. It was since then that my feelings of gratefulness towards him began evolving into something much more.

It was a new feeling that I didn't recognise and I wanted him to be aware of the way I felt for him. So I begin doing things I didn't usually do for him or anyone for that matter, such as preparing him lunch, baking him chocolate cookies on White Day, knitting him a scarf for his birthday and many more. But I never knew how cruel he could be until he turned each and every effort of mine down without a twinge of remorse. 

I admit that I was heartbroken but I could not stop myself from wanting him, even more, when I see him every single day. I tried to suppress the growing feelings for him very hard, but each time he does his job and selflessly protects me from harm, my efforts of pushing those feelings away will always end up in vain. I can't fall out of this love, but at the same time, I could not escape from his presence as well. What am I going to do?

 

I heaved a sigh when Shownu appeared in my room after I'd gotten ready for the day to begin. I gave him a slight nod after he mannerly bowed and greeted me, "Where do you have to go today, agassi?" I bit onto my lower lip and curled a strand of hair behind my ear, "I have a date today. You will have to leave my side for a day, okay?" The shock seemed to flash on his face for a brief moment before it remained stoic once again.

"But agassi, your father would not be happy about that. Besides, have you forgotten what happened the last time I left you alone for only five minutes?" I squeezed my eyes shut and let out a deep breath, "Shownu, I'll be fine, I promise. Wonho oppa will take care of me." He tensed at the mention of my childhood friend, "You're going on a date with him?" His tone did not sound pleasant at all. I nodded slowly, "Yeah, he asked me. So I need some privacy, alright?"

I have always known of Wonho's crush on me, but he's my friend and I didn't want to take advantage of any of it. However, now that I have been so done with Shownu and my feelings for him, I just wanted to give myself a break from him and maybe give Wonho a chance. Maybe this way, I can finally get over Shownu somehow. My thoughts were cut off by my bodyguard, "I'll go with you and wait in the car then. I'll watch you from afar, is that okay? Your father won't be happy to know that you're out of my sight."

All he ever cares about is what my father thinks. I turned away in frustration, "No, it's fine. Wonho oppa will pick me up and he will be with me at all times. So don't you worry, alright? If anything happens to me, just tell my father it's my fault. I'll take the blame. Just... I don't know, take a break or something. I'm pretty sure you have a life as well." I muttered and grabbed my purse. He stood blankly and stared at me, speechless. Well, I wouldn't blame him, I have never been this cold to him before. 

I gave him one last glance and went outside where Wonho is already waiting for me, leaning against his latest sports car. He smiled and pushed himself off his car to wrap me in a friendly hug before placing a kiss on my cheek. My face flushed as I watched him open the car door for me and helped me in. I got in and stared back at my mansion to see Shownu standing at the entrance staring back at me with a frown etched on his handsome features.

I gulped and stared away as Wonho begin driving us away from my home. "So where are we going, oppa?" I asked as he grinned at me, "To the cinemas, Spiderman Homecoming is out and I know how much you like Tom Holland." I chuckled, "You know me so well, oppa." Unlike someone. Wonho ruffled my hair and laughed, "Of course I do, pumpkin." Why can't that guy be a little more like you, oppa? Guilt ate me up when I had the thought, I should focus only on Wonho right now.

 

We arrived at the shopping centre where we'll be watching the movie. Being the gentleman he is, Wonho opened the door for me and gently tucked my hand under his arm before guiding me towards the elevator away from the parking lot. I smiled gratefully at him and followed his guide. It's really nice to have someone who sincerely cares for you. My thoughts were disrupted when I felt an uncomfortable feeling creep up my back as if someone is watching me from behind.

I turned around to scan over the parking lot but there was no one around. My hands tightened their grasp around Wonho's arm while he placed a hand over mine and followed my gaze, "What is it, pumpkin? Everything alright?" I nervously nodded and gave him a tiny smile. I sighed in relief when the elevator opened, we entered and safely arrived at the highest floor which is where the cinemas are located. Phew, maybe I was just being paranoid.

We lined up to get the tickets and I waited while Wonho bought the popcorn and drinks. I felt the uncomfortable feeling creep up to me once again so I wrapped my arms around my own frame and looked around cautiously, please don't let me be this unlucky. A thought crossed my mind and I felt anger surge through my veins, it can't be Shownu now, can it? I told him to give me some privacy for the day, is he stalking me around thinking I won't know?

While I was busy thinking of ways to confront my bodyguard, a pair of arms s their way around my torso, scaring the living daylights out of me as I yelped and whipped myself around only to face Wonho. I let out a breath of sigh and slapped his chest, "Yah, oppa! Don't you dare scare me like that again," He chuckled and nuzzled his cheek onto my head, "Aigoo, you're so fun to tease." With a pout, I pulled away from him.

I humphed as he pulled me into the theater while trying to stifle his own laughter. We found our seats and settled down. We chomped down the popcorn before the movie could even start and half of our coke was already gone by the time the movie started. Halfway through the movie, my bladder was about to burst and I needed to pee so badly. I groaned, I hated going to the bathroom in the middle of a movie, "Oppa, I need to go to the bathroom. Watch my purse, okay?"

Wonho, who is so into the movie, just nodded with his eyes still glued to the screen. I shook my head and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter