Chapter two

A clear example of working subordination.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chaeyoung woke up with a hangover. She had a headache, and her stomach was in unbearable pain. Immediately after awakening, she felt a desire to throw up. She quickly got up and went to the bathroom, where she tried to vomit, but only sobs burst out of her, because her stomach was empty. Slowly sitting down on the bathroom floor, she tried to put her thoughts together. She didn’t really remember yesterday. Well, only how she was hired by gorgeous woman, and afterwards they decided to celebrate it with Tzuyu. First glass of wine, the second... Then she already didn’t remember anything, not even have a clue how she got to the bed. Of course, she knew that it would a catastrophe if she drink too much before the college and the first working day. But she did it anyway. She hated this the most in herself. She was quiet an unreliable person.

 

She was certain that she wouldn’t go to college today. She couldn’t walk without felling her leda are wobbling, not to mention going to somewhere. It remained only to pray that by the evening, when the time came to go to work, the pain would go away.

 

Chaeyoung tried to stand up, legs still trembling a little. She leaned against the wall to help herself, she went out of the bathroom and went into the kitchen. Somewhere there she had a hangover pill, which she once bought just in case and successfully forgot about them. Pouring water into the glass, she pushed the pill down . Then she lied on the couch waiting for relief, and she herself didn’t even notice how she had fallen asleep.

 

***

 

Mina woke up earlier than usual. So when she got up to go to the bathroom she noticed that Nayeon was absent. Instead she went to the kitchen she heard some sounds from there and smelled food. Usually, Mina would woke up already when Nayeon was finishing her breakfast and went to her work. Nayeon was standing in the kitchen, above the flaming stove. She looked cute in her blue apron. Mina caught her while she was singing. She leaned against the doorframe watching her wife and listening to her clear and pitch voice. At that moment, Nayeon turned around and jerked when she saw Mina. She leaned her hand to her heart and frowned.

 

"You scared me." Nayeon said. Her hair was a bit messy. Mina just grinned and went to her wife. her hair, she kissed Nayeon on the cheek.

 

"Sorry, I didn’t want to. You sang so well that I heard it." Mina kissed Nayeon on the cheek once again, and the latter only grinned and tried to free herself from the embrace, because a little more and the pancake would burn.

 

"She has a good voice, right?" Momo is witnessed this scene. Although, Mina didn’t even notice that she was sitting at the table and waiting for breakfast. It wasn’t surprising if Momo had to get up at three o'clock in the morning to have breakfast, she would have done it. Or maybe she does, then it would explain such a loss of food in the fridge.

 

Mina growled in irritation. It is possible, she thought, that Momo blamed the fact that Mina began to feel cold towards Nayeon. Because Momo was literally everywhere. When they were about to leave somewhere, Momo always appeared. When they were about to spend a romantic evening - just two of them - Momo always appeared. And even when they were going to leave the house and hang out together - Momo looked at them with her puppy eyes and once again she destroyed all of their plans. Of course, Nayeon says that Momo has a hard time, and they, like her good friends, should support her, because the latter didn’t trust anyone but only them. But all the same, it was possible to pull yourself together after a month. Instead, it seemed that Momo just sat on Mina's neck.

 

"Right. She has a great voice." Mina answered sitting at the table.

 

After breakfast and changing her clothes, Mina sat in the car. Today she had a hard day, it is necessary to deal with the papers from all sorts of institutions and on the same day she was scheduled to meet with her mother. As if Mina didn’t want this meeting, it was no longer possible to postpone it. Her mother called her an infinite number of times in a day and asked for a meeting with her daughter.

 

But Mina hated such attention from her mother, with whom she had a strained relationship, at least Mina thought so. Mrs. Myoui herself believed that they had excellent relations, her daughter was always a little cold, but she didn’t find anything bad in it.

 

Mina sighed once again when the phone in her pocket buzzed. She took it out and answered the phone.

 

"Yes, Mom?" She asked, dropping speed a little, her father always told her never talking on the phone while driving, and it was ironic that it was this what killed him.

 

"Do you remember about our meeting?" Asked a voice on the other side of the phone. Mrs. Myoui was always meticulous and asked every question one thousand times. Mina nodded, but found this stupid because her mother didn’t see her.

 

"How could I forget about this." She answered. She had to braked sharply, because in front of her passed a bright red car, which almost crashed into Mina. She dropped the phone and sighed in relief that everything had turned out okay. The mother's voice came from the phone and when Mina picked it up she reject the call. Yet the father was right. And not only about the talking on the phone while driving, but also that his wife was an annoying person.

 

There were a lot of people in the cafe as usual. Going inside, Mina waved hi to her workers. She headed for her office, but on the way she was intercepted by Sana. She took Mina by the elbow.

 

"How's the boss’ mood?" She asked, Mina just smiled. Sana always had a good mood in the morning, so it became enviable, because Mina could never get out of bed and hated to wake up early. Nayeon also hated it, but it seems she was just more like responsible person. Momo generally slept when she wanted and woke up when she wanted. So if there was anyone to jealous of it, it's exactly her.

 

"Nice." She answered, although it was far from being true, but Mina didn’t want to load up Sana with her problems. "How yours, the manager?" Sana only laughed, she grabbed Mina tightly.

 

"Simply perfect. Because I have great news." Sana said, once again ready to gossip. And hell, even though Mina was telling everyone that she hated gossip, in fact, she always found time to gossip with Sana. Mina pricked up her ears ready for the story. "Yesterday I heard from my friend who has a girlfriend who knows the husband of one of the workers of our rivals," Yes, now the conversation became more interesting. "So! One of the visitors found a cockroach in his food, and some people came to them for consumers rights." Sana giggled and Mina thought that the day was not such a bad one." They say it will be brought to court. "

 

"This is great news." Mina smiled, now it would not have to think about the lost customers. "I always knew that these guys are working dirty. Got it? "

 

"Yes," Sana poked Mina in the shoulder, "and by the way, I put all your papers in folders, everything is on your table." Sana said and Mina thought about the good thing that she works here. Of course, at first Mina was warned that you shouldn’t hire friends to work, and maybe they were right, because sometimes Sana allowed herself too much. But still work with Minatozaki was nice and look, sometimes her love for gossip can be useful.

 

Mina went to her office. She noticed that her table was clean now. Only one folder lay untouched on the table. Mina sat down in her armchair, leaning against it, she opened the folder. It turned out that this was a resume of yesterday's girl, who’ll start working from today. Of course, at this moment Mina thought that she was a little quick with the choice, but there was already nothing to do. All that remains is to watch over her. Mina pushed the first page. Her gaze fell on the girl's name. Son Chaeyoung. She forgot her name, but now it seemed so easy to remember that she smiled faintly. Mina remembered what kind of good coffee the girl made, and thought about the fact that as soon as Chaeyoung comes she will ask her to make her coffee again. Her gaze slipped lower. Chaeyoung is going to become a doctor.

 

"Not bad." Mina said to herself. "She probably did well at school, what is she doing here then?"

 

Mina, while reading the resume, has often managed to scold herself for such a negligence to the study of new workers. But she was so impressed by this girl that she rather was thinking of emotions and not brains, which is not usual for Mina. Her gaze went to the address where Chaeyoung lived. This place was very near to the cafe. Not to say that it was good, because usually the closer you live, the more often you are late, but the girl seemed very responsible, even if she a little emotional. Still, the first impression is very important. Especially if you're on a job interview.

 

Time for work flew quickly. Lifting her eyes, which had withered from the strain, Mina noticed how the arrow on the clock had stopped at five in the evening.

 

She is late.

 

Yet at that moment Chaeyoung burst into her office, all breathless and sweaty. It was clear that she was in a hurry. Mina looked at her with blank face, Chaeyoung only smiled weakly and guiltily.

 

And well. Mina melted right in that moment.

 

"Sorry, I am late." She said with a deep sigh. Mina shook her head. Yet this girl was late.

 

"It’s okay...” Mina said though she hated when someone was late. But it was her first day, “ I’m forgiving you for the first time." Chaeyoung smiled sweetly and bowed. Mina never showed the cafe to the new workers, but this time she got up and waved her hand saying Chaeyoung follow her. They went to the back of the cafe, where the kitchen and the locker room were located. Tapping a finger in one of the lockers Mina said, "there's your uniform, change your clothes and start working. We’re working until the last visitor. “ At that moment another girl came into the locker room. She had short hair and she was very pretty. The girl gave Chaeyoung a death glare, that the latter even cringe.

 

"This is Jeongyeon, your sunbae." Chaeyoung bowed to Jeongyeon, but the latest didn’t seem to pay any attention to her.

 

"Don’t pay attention, she just doesn’t like new people.” Mina said. "Yes, and when you change, make two cups of coffee. I'm gonna have guest." Surprised by this gesture on her first day, Chaeyoung nodded sharply. "A pager will be given to you later." Mina went to her and patted her on the shoulder.

 

Man, why did I do it. Idiot.

 

Chaeyoung immediately started changing not losing a second. While she was wearing her uniform, she could feel with her back that someone was staring at her. As if succumbing to the sixth sense, Chaeyoung turned sharply and cried out in surprise. Her sunbae stood literally a couple of centimeters from her. Chaeyoung pressed her shirt to her and looked frightened at the girl in front of her. Suddenly, with a quick movement, the girl reached out her hand to Chaeyoung. The latter was a little confused, but still shook her hand. Jeongyeon had already changed her clothes and now stood silently in front of the Chaeyoung.

 

"I'm sorry that I was rude a couple of minutes ago. It was a bad day. Since all my days are bad." Chaeyoung relaxed a little and squeezed out an understanding smile, she understood the meaning of the "bad day" However, the undesirable intimacy still strained a little. Instinctively, Chaeyoung took a step back.

 

"It’s okay sunbae-nim." She said.

 

"Don’t call me that, please. Call me Jeongyeon-unnie."

 

"Oh, yes, of course, sunb-" Chaeyoung faltered, "Jeongyeon-unnie." She bowed once more. When you have been working in similar places for a long time, it becomes a stupid habit.

 

Yet Jeongyen moved to the other side of the room. During this time, Chaeyoung managed to change clothes. Usually in cafes, in which she was working, the uniforms were terrible. It’s was stinging too much, too vulgar, then so modest that in the summer she felt like she was burning alive. Now she was wearing a usual and soft black shirt, probably that there wouldn’t have been noticeable if you get dirty and comfortable jeans. Although the clothes were a bit big for her, (it’s still belonged to someone else who worked as a waitress here before Chaeyoung) But it was comfortable and Chaeyoung was once again convinced that she would stay here for a long time.

 

In any case, how often would you not come to a new place, in the beginning you are always nervous and afraid to screw up. There was bad feelin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter