Happy

Hello (Baby)
Jessica kept looking at her phone in case Tiffany called. She was worried about her wife whom was home with their daughter Juhyun. It was the first time Tiffany was truly alone with her.
 
Now, they were both pretty terrible with kids, but at least Jessica had taken care of her sister when she was younger. Tiffany, however, was the youngest of her siblings, and therefore, was inexperienced when it came to kids. She was anxious about hurting their baby.
 
To ease her worries, they had decided to hire a babysitter to teach her. Additionally, she was recovering from her pregnancy; it would be beneficial to have someone to assist her.
 
Things had gone well under Sunny's (their babysitter and college friend) supervision. For a month, she had been observing Tiffany. She saw how much the mother had improved, so she made a decision.
 
"I quit."
 
They were shocked by Sunny's words.
 
"Why? Is it the salary? We can pay you triple!" Tiffany said and Jessica nodded along with her.
 
Sunny would love to stay just for the money. It just sounded extremely tempting even if she did not need the money.
 
Anyway, that was not the point of this speech she had prepared.
 
"Calm down."
 
She waited till they were actually breathing again and explained her reasoning.
 
"I have taught you everything. You might not know, but you are very caring and gentle with Juhyun. I trust you."
 
Tiffany just needed to conquer her fear of hurting Juhyun.
 
"You can do it." Sunny assured.
 
*=
 
Today was the first day Tiffany would be taking care of her daughter without anyone's help. It was just like any other day, Tiffany realized, as Jessica woke her before leaving for work. She went on about with her normal routine of feeding and changing Juhyun's diapers.
 
Then she was left with nothing to do. Usually, she and Sunny would chat. They could talk about anything. Today? She had no one to talk to. She thought of calling her friends, but she knew most of them would be at work.
 
Being a stay home mom was boring. Luckily, she did not quit her job.
 
Before her pregnancy, Tiffany was a teacher at a local high school. However, after discussing with Jessica, she had decided to become a part time teacher to spend more time with her family. The school had negotiated terms with her, so she only had to go to school on specific days.
 
Jessica owned a fashion brand, so her schedule was more flexible than her wife's back when the latter was a full time teacher. Since they had gotten married, she had cut down her hours as they were financially secured. She chose to focus on her family--her happiness.
 
Tiffany wished she could visit Jessica at work, like the latter used to do. Her students always asked her about the mysterious woman spotted in her classroom. The couple did not want to reveal too much personal information, so they kept quiet.
 
Until one day, Tiffany overheard a student making a rude comment about Jessica.
 
For the first time, she got angry at a student.
 
"What did you say about my girlfriend?"
 
They could talk about her all they wished, but she would not allow anyone to insult Jessica. They knew nothing about her.
 
Tiffany made sure the student received the appropriate punishment for his behavior.
 
If her students thought she was a docile cat, they could not be more wrong.
 
She was really a lion.
 
The rest of her students, after learning about their relationship, could not decide whom they were more jealous of, Tiffany for having a beautiful girlfriend, or Jessica, simply for having their favorite teacher as a girlfriend.
 
"Me, of course. I'm obviously the lucky one." Jessica replied cheekily.
 
Tiffany disagreed with her.
 
They were both lucky to have each other.
 
An alert on her phone pulled Tiffany's attention back into the present. It was time for Juhyun's meal. She had not noticed she had been reminiscing about the past for such a long time.
 
Looking around in the nursery, she saw children's books on the bookshelf. She picked one out and started to read it to Juhyun.
 
The fairytales were similar to what she was read when she was young. Nothing bad had a lasting effect on the main characters, and everything had a happy ending. The story of Jessica and her could arguably be a fairytale.
 
Jessica and Tiffany met in college and fell in love at the first sight of each other. In a blink of an eye, they were already together.
 
On graduation day, they proposed to each other. It was a fond memory of everyone that was there to witness them stumbling with their speeches.
 
When Jessica's company gained major success, they got married.
 
Now, they had a daughter whom they both loved dearly.
 
It felt surreal. Tiffany could not believe how fortunate she was. She held Juhyun's tiny hand in hers. The physical contact was the proof that this was real; her happiness was real.
 
Jessica drove home as fast as she could while obeying (barely) the speed limit. She was excited to see her family after a long day at work. She was also curious about their day.
 
She walked into the house and saw that the lights were dimly lit. She concluded that Tiffany and Juhyun might be taking a nap. She did not announce her arrival to avoid disturbing them in their slumbers.
 
She was right, partially.
 
Tiffany was watching Juhyun whom was asleep in the crib.
 
"Hey." Jessica whispered as quietly as she could.
 
Instead of responding, Tiffany took her hand and placed a soft kiss on her knuckles. She let go of her hand and they smiled at each other.
 
"How was your day?" Jessica asked.
 
"Surprisingly uneventful."
 
"Did you have fun with Juhyun?"
 
Tiffany nodded.
 
"Good."
 
Jessica patted her wife's head and ruffled her hair. If there was a hairstyle that Tiffany aimed for, it had disappeared.
 
They sat in silence, watching Juhyun sleep peacefully.
 
Tiffany turned to Jessica and had an urge to declare her love. She felt that they had neglected to show their affection for each other because they were so focused on other things.
 
"I love you."
 
She pulled Jessica into a kiss.
 
The sudden declaration of love and kiss surprised her, but she regained her composure quickly.
 
"I love you, too."
 
They were happy.
 
It could only get better.
 
*=
Read foreword and, yeah.
I really feel like someone else wrote this. It is so different from PTA.