Final.

Let Me (Take Care of You)

“Still up, hyung?” Namjoon’s voice startled Jin, who was sitting on the couch of their apartment flipping through the TV channels. “Waiting for Yoongi hyung?” the younger asked, noticing the concerned frown on the elder’s face. It wasn’t a secret that the oldest tended to look after Yoongi more than the others, especially because the rapper often forgets to do it himself when he works, so it was safe to assume Jin was still up because Yoongi hadn’t arrived yet.

Jin shook his head, a little too quickly, but it was a lie. 'I'll be back in an hour or two, hyung, don’t wait up’. That was what Yoongi had said about five hours ago before leaving the warmth and comfort of their apartment to go and lock himself in the studio. It wasn’t the first time the rapper did that and, Jin knew, it certainly wouldn’t be the last.

“What are you doing up?” the older opted for asking, directing his gaze towards the kitchen as Namjoon entered it. It was a little past two in the morning and the rest of the members were already in bed, catching all the sleep they could.

“Taehyung wanted to watch anime” the purple haired male answered, coming back from the kitchen with a water bottle in his hands. “Jungkookie was already asleep when he barged in and I… just… couldn’t say no to him” he explained at the questioning look on Jin’s face. “Shut up, Seokjin” the rapper said as soon as he saw a suggestive look cross the elder’s face.

“I didn’t say anything” the older held up his hands, as if in surrender, but the smirk on his lips did all the teasing for him. Namjoon rolled his eyes and walked back to his room, wishing the elder goodnight between clenched teeth.

Jin chuckled to himself before returning his gaze to the TV. At Namjoon’s interruption he had stopped flipping through the channels, now stuck in the re-run of an old drama. In all honesty, he hadn’t meant to wait up but he knew Yoongi well enough to know he wasn’t going to come back until early in the morning. “Aish, Min Yoongi” the singer sighed, getting up from the couch, ready to go for the younger.

~

Yoongi rubbed his eyes tiredly, a frustrated sigh leaving his lips. He had been locked in the studio for too many hours but his song still wasn’t coming together. The rapper took a sip of his, now lukewarm, coke, ignoring the growl of protest he received from his stomach. He needed to finish the damn song before Monday, why wasn’t it working?

‘This is what I get for trying to write a love song about my bandmate…’ Yoongi scoffed, taking his headphones off and massaging his temples tiredly. ‘Maybe I should let Namjoon finish this’ he frowned, hating to accept defeat, but at least the younger was in the same boat as him so he wasn’t worried about how the song could turn out if he let the younger finish it. “I can finish it” the rapper shook his head, giving words of encouragement to himself and put on his headphones once more, set on finishing his work.

As music invaded his ears, he didn’t hear the door opening nor see Jin’s handsome face peering inside. The vocalist’s eyes scanned the messy room before focusing on the smaller male’s form. It felt foreign in a way. It had been a long while since someone tried to get Yoongi away from the studio, the last time Namjoon tried to they got in a fight, so everyone kind of gave up with that task.

“Yoongi?” the older called, knocking on the door rather loudly, hoping the other would hear over the headphones. He called once more but the younger remained in his position, making him decide to just walk over and gently shake his shoulder. Yoongi jolted slightly and turned around, eyes wide before recognizing his elder.

“What, hyung? I need to finish this” Yoongi said, sounding harsher than he had intended. As he moved back one ear pad, his eyes gazed into Jin’s big ones and he pretended he didn’t notice the way his heartbeat sped up.

Jin had all the intention to lecture the younger, honestly. But the rapper looked so tired and frustrated that he didn’t find the heart to. “It’s three am, let’s go back” he ordered softly instead, grabbing Yoongi’s arm and tugging on it, trying to get him out of his chair. “You can finish tomorrow” he added, slightly irritated when the younger didn’t budge, “you need to rest, Yoongi-yah”

“I’ll rest tomorrow” he interrupted, yanking his arm out of the other’s hold, immediately missing the warmth of Jin’s hand against his skin. Yoongi turned towards the computer once more, but his mind wasn’t in finishing the song anymore.

“Yoongi” Jin called sternly, however the younger didn’t even turn. “Would you watch a movie with me?” The brunet asked softly, completely removing Yoongi’s headphones, only obtaining a questioning look from the rapper. The moment he saw it was Jin he expected to receive a lecture, not an invitation to watch a movie.

“I’m working” Yoongi replied, his eyes returning to the computer screen, hand moving to pull back his headphones. Sending Jin to sleep crossed his mind but he realized that was a bit hypocrite.

“C’mon, I always say yes, it’s your turn” Jin whined with a pout on his lips, lightly stomping his foot on the ground. He wrapped his arms around the rapper’s shoulders, slightly shaking him from side to side. “Yoongi~” The elder whined, trying to act cute, even if normally that only earned him an annoyed look.

“Alright” Yoongi gave up after a minute, not because the other’s cute act worked on him, he really could use some sleep – or at least that’s how he tried to convince himself –. Sneaking a glance towards Jin, he watched the older cheer while clinging to the back of his chair, looking impossibly cute. "Give me a minute” he said before saving his work and turning the computer off.

After turning it off, Yoongi got up from the chair and stretched, his shirt rose, revealing a patch of white smooth skin. Jin almost pouted when the fabric fell down, but then thought of something else.

“Did you bring a jacket?” the older asked, hand on the knob of the door, only getting a head shake in reply. Jin’s eyes drifted around the room, noticing a leather jacket thrown on the couch, probably Namjoon’s. A slight wave of jealousy hit him and, instead of pointing it out, he took the hem of his pink hoodie to pull it off. “It’s freezing outside” he explained straightening his sweater before handing the garment to the rapper.

“I'll be fine” the black haired male declined the offer, pushing Jin's hand away from him. “What about you?” He asked when the older didn't give up.

“You need it more than me” Jin pointed out, handing the hoodie more urgently. Yoongi didn’t answer right away, instead he tugged the sleeves of his plain white long sleeved shirt over his hands before he opened his mouth to reply. “Yoongi” the elder’s stern voice made him look up, finally accepting the hoodie at Jin’s strict gaze.

As he slid it over his head, Jin’s familiar scent enveloped him, making his heart skip a beat and his cheeks turn a little warmer. He tried to play it cool, stuffing his hands into the front pocket nonchalantly, before looking at the elder. The soft gaze Jin was looking at him with only made his cheeks turn redder. “Let’s go” the vocalist said, opening the door and stepping outside.

~

“I'll prepare you something to eat” the older said once they arrived at the dorm, “don't fall asleep” he warned before disappearing towards the kitchen.

Yoongi sighed, locking the front door before walking to the living room. Letting himself fall onto the couch, his eyes closed tiredly. He knew better than to disobey Jin but he was tired and not really in the mood to deal with his feelings for his band mate.

“Yoongi” Jin’s voice called him after a while, shaking him gently, “come eat something before sleeping” he said as he tugged at his arm. The younger opened his eyes and nodded, hand coming up to rub one eye sleepily. “C’mon” the vocalist took his hand, helping him get up. Jin couldn’t help the smile that grazed his features as he felt the younger's fingers intertwine with his.

As Yoongi sat at the table, Jin placed the plate in front of him before sitting down across from the younger. It might’ve been a bit excessive but he wanted to be sure the younger ate something. The rapper glanced at him once in a while, getting warm fuzzy feelings being taken care of. He's usually the one taking care of the others – ‘the kids’, his mind provided – so being on the receiving end of Jin's attention felt nice.

“Go brush your teeth and change into something comfortable” the older told him as he finished the late dinner, “I’ll come after washing the dishes” he said, picking up the plates and disappearing into the kitchen once again. Yoongi looked at the entrance of the kitchen for a second before standing up and walking to the bathroom.

After he was done washing his face and brushing his teeth, he gripped the bottom of the hoodie, debating between taking it off or not. “I don’t wanna” he whispered, pout in place, looking at the mirror, opting for just taking his jeans off. “ me” he grumbled under his breath at the warm fuzzy feelings coming back before turning off the lights and walking to his room. “What d’you... wanna watch?” The younger asked as he entered the room, a yawn interrupting his question.

There was a pause before Jin answered. The oldest had been facing the other way when Yoongi came in, turning around to the sight of a barefaced Yoongi wearing only his hoodie and underwear, with lots of smooth white skin uncovered. To say that he liked it was an understatement. He felt possessive and satisfied. “It’s okay, we can just go to sleep” the vocalist smiled at him, preparing to turn the lights off.

“I interrupted my work-” Yoongi started complaining, frown in place and voice rising, but was interrupted by Jin immediately.

“Okay, okay, I'll get the laptop” he agreed, grabbing the device and plugging in the battery.

Usually when they watch movies they push their beds together, but that night they were both too tired so they settled on Jin’s bed. The older pressed his back against the wall, trying to make as much room for Yoongi as possible, but even then the rapper ended up with his back almost pressed against Jin’s chest, laptop lying too close to the edge in front of him.

Jin’s arm stretched above Yoongi's torso to turn the laptop on, whose breath hitched as he could feel Jin’s body warmth even through the layers of clothing. “What should we watch?” he asked, propping his head on his arm to be able to look over the younger’s shoulder. Because Yoongi didn’t answer he just played whatever movie he found, removing his arm from the rapper’s space.

The movie was quite slow. Still, Yoongi tried to pay attention even if his eyes closed tiredly every few minutes. Twenty minutes into it, as he was about to give up and let sleep win, he felt one of Jin’s arms slide under his neck and the other wrap around his mid-section. Yoongi’s first instinct is to get away. He’s usually the one to make the first move. If you could call ‘moves’ to subtle touches when they both reach for things or that could easily pass as just friendly. Subtle touches that they never talk about. But this time Jin was taking the chance, arm secured around the younger’s torso. Yoongi squirmed against Jin’s grip, but the elder’s grasp didn’t relent, so Yoongi leaned forward slightly, body still stiff.

It was only halfway through the movie when Yoongi caught himself snuggling back into Jin’s embrace and his face heated up, instantly moving away. But it seemed like Jin was having none of that as he gripped onto his mid-section and dragged him back, arm wrapped around Yoongi’s slim waist possessively.

It took a while but the younger eventually relaxed against Jin’s grip, mind slowly turning off, unconsciously turning around to face the older, curling into himself like he always does. Jin watched him for a while, brushing a few strands of hair away from Yoongi’s relaxed features.

“I know you don’t need it, but let me take care of you” he whispered, placing a gentle kiss on the younger’s forehead.

“Okay” was Yoongi’s answer, hand curling in the fabric of Jin’s sweater and moving closer until the top of his head was tucked under Jin’s chin. The last thing Yoongi felt before sleep overtook him was Jin placing a soft kiss to the top of his head.

~

In the morning, when everyone asks why he's wearing Jin’s hoodie, he just mumbles ‘it was cold last night’, cheeks turning a pretty pink, and ignores the smirk that’s placed across Jin’s lips.