The Past

선생님이 아니고, 오빠는 아니고 [Not my teacher, not my brother]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin Dami was the name, face, and person almost everyone knew at school. She was deemed as “the person who I want to become” by many juniors, and even seniors, at Ewha Girls High School.

Dami could fall asleep during class and still ace that lie of an exam but still receive no hate from her teachers. Dami could skip the sessions at academies, which highlights the current Korean academic death system, yet still top the school with her remarkable intellect. Dami could kill guys with one stare, intentional or not, and turn them into crazy love birds for her. . She had an academic background, with her parents owning the most famous private institute in Korea, and had enrolled into the school with a scholarship.

She was *that* perfect.

But, that’s the Jin Dami people think they know.
-

4 years ago…

“Good morning, Mr. and Mrs. Jin, and to you Dami. My name is Mrs. Smith and it’s a pleasure to meet you.” A blonde-haired lady shook their hands before motioning them to sit, “So please tell me a little about yourself.”

Dami squirmed in her seat lightly while she noticed her parents’ expectant gaze cast upon her, “Hello Mrs. Smith, my name is Dami Jin. I am twelve years old and I’m currently attending Somerville House. My hobby is learning languages.”

“Interesting, so what languages are you learning?”

“I learn English, two dialects of Chinese, and Korean.”

“So Dami, tell me why you like learning languages.”

“I come from a multicultural family, my mother is Korean and my father is Chinese. I believe that by learning more languages, it brings me closer to my diverse cultural background.”

Mrs. Smith looked down to the original copies of Dami’s perfect report cards. She was impressed. This girl speaks so maturely for her age and her grades are impressive as well. A great candidate…

-

“Is this your first time in an interview Dami, how could you forget to mention to mention the number of distinctions you achieved in those mathematics and science competitions?! Did we make you participate for nothing?!” Dami’s father roared

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter