Fairy-tale

Be My Half
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At times, unexpected things happen in life.

Meeting an idol is never on the agenda on a person's daily life. That happens once in a billion as others like to say.

Sometimes things don't always turn out the way they are and people see before hearing the explanation.

They do what is best for themselves so they don't get hurt. They are only protecting their heart and wanting to feel safe.

Can you blame them? No.

Let's read about how a young girl working late one night and idols happen to drop by and it's the start of a new journey.

- - -

The music was blasting loud in Chaeyoung's ears as she had her earplugs on and enjoyed the song of the artist Rising 3. The tempo this time was more upbeat and perfect to go to a club. They were the talk of music charts for the past few months and with Namjoon recently getting married and enjoying his happy life, his lyrics are from the heart.

Chaeyoung was mopping down the floor as she was working at her families sauna on a Friday night. Normally she would be out with Dahyun and Tzuyu but she had to work because her aunt was short handed.

She didn't mind since she was getting paid and she enjoys helping her family and mostly being able to listen to music. She sometimes did a few dance steps with the pole of the mop as if it was her dance partner and enjoy the sound of the beats together.

She sometimes forgot she was even working and at times some customers would see her dancing. They would laugh at her silliness and go back to their business.

One time while cleaning late, Chaeyoung was helping her cousin Chaeryong clean up to close and while they were both listening to Big Bang's BANG BANG BANG. They both couldn't help but dance away while working.

Her aunt comes in giving them looks to stop and smiled afterwards letting the girls have fun. All work and no fun? What kind of life is that?

Chaeyoung finished up mopping a certain area of the floor and saw the water was the color of dark gray. Dirty water. She grabbed the bucket and walked towards the back dumping the water and adding clean water with a few fresh cleaning supplies for the floor.

Just as she went back to where she left off, she saw a young man on the floor groaning. Chaeyoung took off her earplugs and saw her aunt apologizing to the young man. She was bowing a few times as the young man stood up shaking his head and left.

Her aunt turned around letting her eyes search for Chaeyoung.

When their eyes met, she strode over getting ready to hiss at the young girl but instead she closed her eyes and took in a breath letting it out slowly. "When you are mopping don't forget to put the sign indicating 'wet floor.'"

Chaeyoung thought for a moment before widening her eyes realizing she knew she forgot something. "Opps... sorry."

Her aunt opened her eyes and grabbed the mop from her. "Go get the sign and place it there now."

Chaeyoung laughed nervously walking away quickly going to the storage room getting the sign and placing it where she had mopped. She went back to her aunt giving her a smile asking for forgiveness.

"Chaeryong won't be here until two weeks from now so I'll need your help. Ok?" Her aunt asked placing her hands on her hips. "I know you enjoy working with music but don't forget important things too when working."

Chaeyoung nodded her giving her aunt a 'ok' sign. "Sorry, I didn't think anyone would step there. I mean a few did see me mop. Not my fault people don't look down where they step."

"Yah! Son Chae--"

"Oh look at the time!" Chaeyoung cut her off with a laugh. "I got to get back to work."

She quickly ran off to the back and started mopping a closed off area. She laughed as she was able to get away from her aunt. She was strict but fun. She just likes having her sauna nice and have a good business.

But accidents happen.

No one's fault.

They happen.

Another hour or two passed and it was getting close to the late shift. Chaeyoung was trying to keep her eyes open but every time she blinked her eyelids would want to stay shut and her head would be moving down thinking she was nodding.

The phone was ringing constantly.

She thought it was an alarm waking her up for school. Having a blurry vision, she was about to push the phone off the desk when her aunt comes and grabs it.

"Hello, thank you for calling Peace and Humble." her aunt said as she pushed Chaeyoung's head back with her index finger making the poor young girl flinch awake.

"I wasn't asle --"

"I'm sorry, can you say that again?" Her aunt said into the phone looking confused at her niece. "You want to rent out the sauna for a whole day next week at two in the afternoon?"

Chaeyoung rubbed her eyes trying to wake up before she could adjust what kind of person was asking to rent out the whole place.

Who would do that?

Only rich people can request that.

Great serving the rich..

It better be a good tip.

"No, of course it's not a problem. It's just unexpected that's all. I've never had this request before." her aunt was smiling into the phone before looking at her niece. "Yes, thank you!"

Chaeyoung stood up stretching her muscles making herself feel relaxed and wanting to go back to sleep but on her own bed.

Her aunt hung up the phone and went to her calendar that was on the wall as soon as you enter her office. She scribbled a few things and grinned like a crazy person at her niece. "Chaeryong is going to be so jealous of you."

"Why?" the young girl asked her aunt looking at her tired. "Am I getting a raise?"

"Yah!"

Chaeyoung snickered knowing her aunt would get mad for a short moment. She loved teasing her. "Then what? Is a rich person coming? They better leave a good tip or else --"

"Ever heard of a group called Rising 3?" her aunt asked going to the desk placing her hands on top as she leaned towards her niece.

Rising 3..

No way!

Chaeyoung dropped her jaw and widen her eyes. "Ris-Rising 3 is coming here? Here? At two in the afternoon next week?"

Her aunt nodded with a smile. "Suga, J-Hope, Rap Monster and his wife will be coming."

THIS IS....

"OH MY GOSH! RISING 3 IS COMING TO THE SAUNA! OH MY GOSH THIS IS AMAZING! I CAN GET A PICTURE AND THEIR --"

"Son Chaeyoung!" her aunt shouted at her to stop shouting like a fan girl. "You have to promise me you won't tell anybody this. We will just work like we usually do and serve them with what they need."

Chaeyoung nodded her head excitedly. "Not a word!"

If her aunt thought she was asleep and lost all her energy. Well after hearing amazing news, Chaeyoung was definitely wide awake and full of energy feeling her heart jump quickly inside her chest not being able to control it.

Her aunt had just stepped out of the office but came back shortly leaning on the door frame only showing half of her body. "Oh and no pictures. Sorry Honey."

Chaeyoung's heart stopped for a split second as her jaw went down. "Are you serious?"

Her aunt nodded. "Yes, they told me that."

"But... but... --"

"No buts Son Chaeyoung. Now go check the clothes and towels." her aunt left again leaving the young girl there.

Chaeyoung leaned her head back on the chair closing her eyes letting out a groan. "Why do good news always have a catch! Not cool!"

- - -

"I'm so tired we need a break or something." Yoongi mumbled as he was laying on the floor. He felt a buzz coming from his pants. He was going to ignore it but he sighed taking it out reading the text.

"Is it from Seulgi?" Hoseok asked staring at him as he was leaning against the mirror.

Yoongi stayed quiet knowing Hoseok got his answer.

"I still can't believe you cheating on Soojung with her best friend." Hoseok chuckling shaking his head.

"It wasn't like that!" Yoongi pushed himself to sit up. "Well yeah it was... but I don't know.. I sometimes felt like Soojung and I had nothing in common."

"Still cheating is a sin in the girl book." Namjoon said as he sat down looking through his tablet. "I don't think Soojung will forgive Seulgi for that."

"They haven't spoken in months." Yoongi said looking at his phone again before looking back at s. "Besides, I think Seulgi is happier not talking to her since she mentioned she was living in her shadow a lot."

Hoseok chuckled shaking his head. "Why do girls make things complicated?"

"Because they want you boys to be honest with your feelings." Hayoung came into the room looking at the three boys on the floor.

"Hey Bee." Namjoon smiled looking up at her. She leaned down giving him a chaste kiss for a second before pulling away.

"We are honest, we just have a hard time explaining it." Yoongi said looking at her.

"No you just like making it complicated. Plus we are afraid of getting hurt especially if its someone who means so much to us." Hayoung said looking away from Yoongi and stared at Namjoon who pulled her into his arms. He whispered something in her ear making her giggle. She managed to push him away and stare at the other two boys. "Have you guys spoken to Jimin?"

Hoseok and Yoongi shook their heads.

"He hasn't been returning my calls either." Hayoung sighed looking at Namjoon for a moment before looking at the other two. "Is it true about Kei?"

Hoseok nodded answering her question. "Yeah, Naeun told me. I was surprised at it too."

"He'll recover, just give him some space and time." Namjoon said looking around. "It's not easy to get your heart broken by someone who meant so much to you. I'm sure we can all relate."

"Uh... not me." Hoseok chuckled at him.

"Hayoung," said a light voice ringing into the room.

Everyone turned and saw Naeun standing at the door way. She smiled at everyone and left her eyes on Hoseok for a moment before averting her eyes back to Hayoung.

"I called the sauna and they agreed to the date." she smiled at her.

"Oh good!" Hayoung clapped her hands together. She smiled looking at the three boys in front of her. "I got to sweet talk Jin into talking to the Representative Lim to let you guys rest for a day in the sauna. Well its half a day but its rented for the whole day for you three."

"You're coming too right?" Namjoon asked giving her a puppy face.

"Of course, I have to keep an eye out on you three." She giggled looking at him and back to Yoongi and Hoseok. "What do you think?"

"If you act all lovey dovey during my rest I'm out." Yoongi said looking at the couple.

Namjoon rolled his eyes with a smile. "Just invite Seulgi."

"Can I?" he looked over to Hayoung.

She shrugged her shoulders. "You can, but I know nothing of the invitation."

That meant he could invite her. He smiled giving her a nod and texted his girlfriend.

"Hoseok? You're ok going?" she asked him waiting on his reply.

He had been looking at Naeun for a moment and they each share a smile before she walked out of the room going back to her own work. He looked at Hayoung and thought of an idea."What if we invite Jimin? He can get out and some fresh air to spend with us."

"That's an idea." Namjoon said looking at him. "How long has he been in his place?"

"Almost a month now." a male voice came into the room.

When they turned they saw Jungkook and Taehyung coming in and sat down.

"What about us going to the sauna? Can we go too?" Taehyung asking giving Hayoung a cute puppy face.

She giggled shaking her head. "No you both have to stay here. I already have some files in mind. Besides Jin needs help too with other things."

"No fair!" Taehyung whined crossing his arms on his chest like a child.

"Too bad." Jungkook chuckled at him. "I tried getting a hold on Jimin but nothing. You guys?"

Everyone shook their head.

"Nothing." Yoongi sighed.

"We can invite him but if he doesn't want to go don't push it." Namjoon said looking at Hayoung. She nodded at him.

"Wait, he can go but I can't!" Taehyung whined again.

Hoseok chuckled shaking his head before he stood up and walked out. He told everyone he would be going to the restroom but that wasn't true. He walked down the hall until he found a small office.

Son Naeun.

He sighed staring at the door. He wasn't sure if he wanted to knock or not. It had been a while since they had spoke and right now, it was kind of awkward. He hoped it could go away soon but things take time.

Don't they always do?

- - -

Hoseok and Naeun were sitting on a bench just sitting. No words were exchanged.

What was there to talk about?

How was work? They worked at the same place.

How was your day? They see each other often.

Dating each other started well at first but down their path, something started to change. They couldn't explain it. But their relationship was starting to fade and surprisingly, the feeling was very mutual.

At times, Hoseok would see Naeun as a sister.

When he would kiss her, he didn't feel the same when they had started before. There was no spark in him to want to do it again and again. It just felt plain and dull.

She is pretty but romantically speaking. He couldn't see her in that way anymore.

Only a sister.

Naeun felt the same, when she would talk to him about her stressful times at work, she felt like she was talking to a family member she could rely on. When they would kiss she felt uncomfortable and it wasn't like that before. She wished she didn't have to end it but the shared the same feeling.

He was like a brother to her and a ball of sun he carried always made her feel happy and full of energy when she needed it. He is sweet, kind, caring and loving but in romantically, she couldn't see him that way.

Just a good friend and brother.

Mutual feelings.

- - -

Just when Hoseok was about to open the door, he saw Jin come out with a surprised look on his face before he cleared it looking to the side as if he shouldn't have been there. "I um... left a file here. I got to go."

He left quickly walking fast.

Hoseok tilted his head confused not recalling asking what he was doing. He averted his eyes to Naeun who looked nervous and gave him a smile as she bit her bottom lip. "What brings you here?"

"I was um... wondering if we could talk?" he asked walking into her office and closing the door. He smiled and sat across from her on the other side of desk. "I know it's been about a month since we've broken up and all. But I just hope we can get over this awkwardness."

Naeun let out a laugh smiling at her papers for a moment and then looked at him. She tucked her hair behind her ear. "I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that."

He chuckled leaning back on the chair. "I just... I don't know, it's weird knowing we dated for a while and then the feeling faded. I just don't get it at times."

"Maybe it's the way life works?" Naeun said back to him leaning on her desk with her arms crossed. "I have nice memories of us together and now it feels like a dream or another life time."

"Yeah." He looked away for a moment and let out a sigh. "You know I want you to be happy. Even if it's with someone from here... like I don't know.. Jin?"

Naeun felt her heart jump for a second and felt her cheeks burn. "J-Jin? He and I are just um --"

"First of all," he raised his hand in the air holding his index finger. "You're blushing and trying to think of an excuse. Second, he looked flushed just a while ago. Lastly," he moved up to her desk and smiled. "You and I are on good terms remember that. Yes, we did have some good times and the feeling slowly faded into like a sibling relationship. I want you to be happy too Naeun."

"Are you sure you would be ok if it is Jin? He and Julianne broke up a few months ago." Naeun asked biting her bottom lip looking down for a moment before staring at him. "I just don't want problems and the boys code on dating ex-girlfriends and stuff."

"There won't be any problems. I think he would a good fit for you. He is a gentlemen, he is caring and he can cook. Although his jokes are lame but it's funny when he tries." Hoseok chuckled standing up going to her side.

He held out his hand to her. Naeun was hesitant at first but he grabbed it and stood up.

"You don't need my permission on who you want to date. You live your life and be happy ok? I'll be here when you want to talk, need advice and if he does something wrong I'll kick his ."

Naeun laughed wrapping her arms around his waist giving him a hug. He wrapped his arms around her small frame taking in her sweet strawberry mixed with pears scent he liked on her. He didn't feel his heart jump like crazy. It was going normal pace.

No feelings anymore.

He smiled letting her go and ruffled her hair making her push him away. He chuckled going to the door and smirked. "Does it have to be Jin though?"

Naeun blinked her eyes and opened . "You just said --"

"I'm joking Naeun." He chuckled shaking his head. "I'll be happy with what you decide ok?"

She nodded at him fixing her hair he messed up. "No more awkwardness."

He winked at her before walking out with a smile on his face. "This feels right."

Things happen unexpectedly for a reason.

There is no why? who? or how?

It just happens.

- - -

The next week came around and the sauna was empty as requested.

Chaeyoung was cleaning the floors with a mop again just to be sure the floors could shine with the light from above. She checked the towels were soft and smelling fresh with a snuggle scent that everyone likes.

She made sure all sizes to change into shirts and shorts were in order.

She made sure plenty of water and snacks were available.

Her aunt was in the back in her office counting the expenses in the last month and making sure she had enough to what she needed to purchase in case of something broke or ran out. There were only two other co-workers in the sauna.

Aside from her aunt there were three staff member including Chaeyoung.

"Yeoreum, can you check on the mats and grab six good ones." Chaeyoung asked the other worker. The girl nodded her head and went to the back.

As always, Chaeyoung went to the back as well but went to dump the dirty water out. She went to get more clean water and poured cleaning supplies in it before going back out.

She was starting to get anxious about today.

They should be here soon.

She couldn't shake off her nerves. It didn't make sense at first but she was going to see not one idol but three. The three top rising idols who started out from the bottom and worked their way to the top and their music were always outstanding and never a disappointment. It was a dream come true to see an idol that she liked to listen too.

Too bad I can't get a picture with them.

Chaeyoung sighed as we went back to her area of mopping. In a distance she heard voices and figured it was Yeoreum talking to her aunt. She paid no attention to it and continued mopping. She stopped for a moment and pushed the bucket to the side and went to check the other part of the floor for it to be used and ready.

"Everything looks good." she said to herself. She fanned herself and grabbed her hair that was shoulder length and put it low pony tail for the time being. She was sweating and it was getting hot inside from working around.

Chaeyoung kept hearing voices again and decided to go and check what was going on. She mindlessly forgot about the floor being wet and slipped as she was walking. She held out her arms for balance holding herself up from falling either on her or on her face.

She carefully stepped on the floor and kept her arms out for balance. She smiled for a moment thinking it was safe to put them down. But truthfully, she shouldn't have put them down.

She lost her balance from under her foot and held out her arms but it didn't help. She shut her eyes and waited to hit the hard floor but she never felt the pain.

Chaeyoung heard a chuckle from someone near her. She slowly opened her eyes and saw Jung Hoseok. He went by his stage name J-Hope. He was smiling at her with his nicely shaped cheek bones as he eyes were happy all the time and his smile just made her heart race.

He had his arms wrapped around her small waist. He had seen her before when they had entered the sauna, she had come back with a bucket in her hands while holding the mop. Namjoon made a joke about something to Yoongi making everyone laugh.

But Hoseok's attention went to the cute girl that was working hard and fanning herself as she walked checking the floor.

He was going to go into the changing room to change but he saw her holding her balance indicating the floor was still wet. His heart skipped a beat hoping she wouldn't fall and hurt herself. He was watching her the whole time. He watched her smile at herself for a moment before putting her arms down.

Just when he was about to turn, he saw her slide and hold out her arms quickly. He rushed to her side wrapping his arms around her for safety. He saw her facial features and she is stunning. Her nicely shaped eyebrows went along with her style she had on. Skinny jeans and a over sized shirt to work in. Her nose was perfect on her face and cute, her lips were perfect and seemed to have a faded chap stick on.

He chuckled as he waited to open her eyes and when she did, he looked into her brown chocolate eyes that made his heart jump crazy again. He never thought it would happen.

Hoseok moved them to stand and kept looking at her as she widened her eyes at him. "Oh my gosh... I.. I.. this is um.. oh wait.. your --"

He chuckled as she was getting confused on what to say. He looked at her again and she was cute looking embarrassed. Her cheeks were turning red as she bit her bottom lip closing her eyes.

Oh god..

He waited for a second before stuffing his hands in his pockets. "That would have been a bad fall if I didn't help you."

Chaeyoung opened her eyes and stared up at him. went slightly open before a smile formed taking his breath away. "Yeah, I'm not usually a klutz at work. I just didn't think as usual."

He chuckled at her remark and stared at her longer. Her hair was a perfect color on her, tide back in a low pony tail with a few strands sticking out from the side. "I think clumsiness is natural."

"Not when it's embarrassing yourself in front of an idol." she said looking down shaking her head. "I'm sorry you had to save me in a almost bad fall."

He kept his smile at her. "I think it was worth it."

Huh?

Chaeyoung blinked at him trying to reply but wasn't sure what were the right words. She smiled as a laugh came out. "No one will believe me that a member from Rising 3 saved me from an almost bad fall."

"We could take a picture and --"

"Hoseok?"

He turned around and saw Hayoung already in her changed clothes with Namjoon at her side.

"Are you going to change?"

"Yeah, I'll be with you guys in a minute." he replied back to them. When he turned back to the girl that caught his attention she was already out of sight with the bucket and mop back in her hands. He sighed staring at her back figure as it went into a room. "I wish I could have gotten her name."

He turned around heading towards the dressing room to change. He smiled at their small interaction and felt his heart jump.

That's odd..

He wouldn't of thought it would jump in such a weird moment. All he did was save her from almost falling to the floor but when he saw her and stared at her facial features, his heart did jumps making him feel happy.

- - -

Chaeyoung had taken the moment to get away from J-Hope as someone called out to him. She quietly grabbed her things and walked to the storage room. She hoped, he didn't go after her but at the same time she wished he did.

She scoffed thinking her life could be like a fairy-tale an idol falling for a non-famous girl and being happy forever.

No such thing.

She sighed putting a few things away and went out to her aunts office to see if she needed anything. She heard loud voices coming from one room as laughter would boom every second.

They must be playing a game.

She turned to her aunts office who was on the computer looking at screen. "Do you need anything?"

"No, but go and check if they need anything." she said never taking her eyes off the screen.

Them? Meaning, the guests.

Great...

Chaeyoung felt her heart jumping out of nerves and bit her bottom lip hoping not to make a fool out of herself again from ten minutes ago. It was bad enough, he will probably remember that as a funny moment and she will remember it as an embarrassing one. She closed her eyes trying to relax herself before going up to them.

She saw at least five people in a circle talking and enjoying themselves. "I thought it was only suppose to be four of them?"

"It was." Yeoreum came to her side holding towels in her hands. "The girl next to Rap Monster is his wife Hayoung. The girl next to Suga his girlfriend. Then there is J-Hope of course."

Chaeyoung hadn't realized Yeoreum heard her question but she got her answer. Yeoreum left her side and Chaeyoung took in another breath before going up to them. As she got closer, her heart was ready to explode out her chest any moment.

They were all laughing happily until the girl next to Suga with long dirty blonde hair smiled looking up at Chaeyoung. "Hello!"

Everyone turned to her giving her the spot. Chaeyoung stared at every member of Rising 3 and couldn't believe how handsome they were. Rap Monster's wife is indeed beautiful with her cooper color hair with bangs. The girl next to Suga was also indeed beautiful too.

Nothing registered in her mind. Chaeyoung was lost for words.

"You ok darling?" Hoseok spoke out to her with a smile.

Chaeyoung met his eyes and her heart jumped again. It didn't mean anything, he is an idol and he was only being nice. "Um.. I'm Son Chaeyoung, I'll be taking care of you. If you need anything please just ask."

She bowed at them for five seconds and stood straight.

"Nice to meet you!" Seulgi smiled.

Chaeyoung bowed again and waited for a request.

"I'm fine, does anybody need something?" Hayoung asked as she looked around.

Everyone shook their heads.

"We are good for now, thanks sweetie."

Chaeyoung nodded and turned around walking away. She felt like she could finally breath normally. "See that wasn't too bad."

She went to the drier checking the clothes for the rest of the week and started folding. She did the shirts and then the shorts. It was going to be a long day.

- - -

"What was that Hoseok?" Yoongi asked looking at him. " 'Darling'?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "She looked nervous. I was just trying to get her to feel comfortable."

"By using pet names?" he chuckled at his remark.

"What? Hayoung uses them too!" Hoseok replied back to him.

"That's because she knows us!" Yoongi pointed at her as he shouted back with a smile. "This is just --"

"Yoongi, she did look nervous." Seulgi cut him off siding with Hoseok. "He was just trying to help."

"Yeah just like when he helped her by catching her." Namjoon said with a smirk.

Hoseok widen his eyes at him and Hayoung who was smiling at him.

"Yeah don't think we didn't see that." he winked at him.

Hoseok felt his cheeks burning and didn't know why. He felt his heart do a jump inside his chest. He then closed his eyes with smile and bit his bottom lip. "She is cute."

Everyone around the circle stared at him with wide eyes before Yoongi smirk. "Are you serious? You just met her!"

"I just said she is cute." Hoseok defended himself. "Why are you jumping to conclusions."

"You and Naeun just broke up. Are you sure you --"

"We've been broken up for a month. We are fine and on good terms. I want her to be happy and she wants the same for me. We just see each other as brother sister now." Hoseok said to everyone.

"I think you should talk to her." Seulgi said making a few heads turn to her. She met eyes with Hoseok with a smile. "I saw the way you were looking at her just now. You seem interested."

"Seulgi --"

"Go and pretend to need something from her to start a conversation." she winked at him and gutted Yoongi on the side to shut him up. Namjoon snickered at them and stared at Hoseok for moment before he got up and went to look for the girl.

"Is this a good thing?" Yoongi asked the others.

Namjoon shrugged his shoulders. "If he is ready to move on then this must be it."

- - -

Chaeyoung was done folding the clothes, she placed some of them on top of each other and carried them out. Some of the clothes were covering her face and she couldn't see ahead but thankfully she could see on the side and see where she might be. She never knew the weight of just shirts and shorts could weigh so much.

This is what she gets for being stubborn.

She hissed the pain from her weak arms but suddenly bumped into to something. A few clothes were taking off the top pile and she met eyes with J-Hope who was smiling at her. "Need some help?"

She blinked at him for a moment for shaking her head. "No its' fine, I can handle it. You can put them back."

He kept his smile. "I beg to differ. Let me h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter