Mark ships JackBam

Playing Cupid

Mark was always the most inclined to social networks in the whole group. Others usually just bother with their SNS accounts when they want to thank their fans and the normal idol stuff. But with Mark, it's more of a hobby or an addictive habit.

He especially likes twitter because it enables him to have a closer interaction with the fans as compared to instagram and other social networks. When he just happens to be scrolling about in his tlist, he comes across a set of pictures from their different variety shows-- most of which came from RealGot7.

"Is this Jackson and Bambam?!" Mark, laying on his bed with his handphone on hand, suddenly exclaimed in disbelief. His roommate, one of the persons in question-- Jackson, shot up from his lazy position on Mark's thighs and lied beside the elder to get a closer look at the pictures.

"I didn't know you had that kind of relationship with him!" Mark said loudly through giggles and kept hitting Jackson like a little child successfully finding out about a well-hidden secret. All the while looking at a photo where Jackson and Bambam were staring so deeply into each others eyes.

"What? Stop it, man. It's not what it looks like." Jackson replied with awkward and nervous laughs.

"Don't even try to deny it dude! I can see it in your eyes." Mark squinted his eyes paired with a wide grin on his mouth. He even sighed romantically at the end of his sentence.

"Mark--" Before Jackson could say anything, Mark suddenly put a finger on Jackson's lips as if hushing him. Jackson completely froze up. "You know what, I'll help you with this. I'll play cupid between you and Bambam."

With that, Mark left and searched for Bambam inside the dorms unknowingly leaving behind a heartbroken Jackson touching his own lips as the feeling of Mark's hands were fleeting. Maybe it was Jackson's fault for being a coward and delaying every oppurtunity to confess but it definitely hurts when the man you love says that you're perfect for someone else. Jackson contemplated on his feelings and decided that sulking around won't do anything to make the situation any better.

If he really knows Mark then it's for certain that when he sets on a task to do, he's gonna do everything in his power to achieve it. Those are one of the traits he fell in love with. He groaned inwardly, 'what am I going to do?'.

 

---------------------------------------

 

Meanwhile...

 

"Hey, do you know where Bambam is?" Mark couldn't find Bambam anywhere inside the dorms so he settled in asking the leader, Jaebum, for his whereabouts. He sat next to him at the living room couch, trying not to look suspicious but ultimately failing.

"I think he's out getting ice cream with Yugyeom. Why do you ask?" Jaebum answered while decreasing the volume of the television. Somehow Mark was acting a little too odd and it caught the leader's attention.

"Uhh... Not mu--" Mark knew there was no use hiding it from the all-knowing JB. The leader looked at him with a 'i-know-that-you're-up to-something-and-even-if-you-don't-tell-me, i-will-find-out-about it-one-way-or-another' face.

"Ugh fine," Mark huffed like a little kid before fessing up. "Don't tell anyone that I told you this but I think Jackson likes Bambam and I'm helping them to get together. Have you seen the JackBam photos? It's like they're in love with each other and they don't even know it themselves. So, can you help me?"

Mark's words shocked JB. He didn't think it would turn out this way, he thought he was just planning to prank the maknae who sometimes acts like he owned the place. But nonetheless, a mischievous plot formed in his mind.

"Ah, sure. Let me ask Jinyoung about it." Jaebum hastily replied without giving any time for Mark to consent his actions. By the time the elder was processing the words, the leader was already in Jinyoung's room telling him everything.

"Come on, Mama! It'll be fun-- let's pair up the boys with each other." Jaebum cheerily suggested as he was persuading his boyfriend to play along with him. It'll be surely exciting in the dorms once they start with their matchmaking games.

"Papa, this isn't a good idea. Why don't we just let them set their own pace? Let them make the first moves by themselves? I'm scared that my boys will get hurt." Jinyoung declined the offer with much concern for the members. It's only natural for him to protect the boys at all costs.

"Jinyoung, how long do you think that would take? One, two-- a couple years from now probably. We're not getting any younger, honey." With all seriousness in JB's tone, it was definite that this was not merely just a game. It was for everyone's happiness.

Jinyoung sighed in defeat, he understood completely what Jaebum had to say in just a few words and he absolutely hates that he did. JB smiled at him and hugged him in assurance. He whispered, "The kids will be fine. They've got us."

•••