bbb

Minkyung is Bored

It’s a little past six in the morning. Minkyung is currently lying on her bed with her arms and legs spread wide open, staring lifelessly at the white ceiling above her. It’s still too early to be awake, but she couldn’t bring herself back to sleep.

Minkyung is, unfortunately, a light sleeper. A trait about herself that she despises vehemently. So it’s no wonder if she cracked her eyes open in an instant when her phone let out a ding sound from the bedside table. It’s a notification from the game she couldn’t recall ever downloading it. Kyungwon must’ve installed it to her phone.

As she hears the clock hanging on the wall ticks another second, she grunts and gets up, having decided that she should do something productive instead of lying down doing nothing.

Something productive, like bothering Kyungwon.

So she finds herself standing at the door of Kyungwon’s room in no time. Knowing Kyungwon is probably still asleep, she gently twists the door knob and pushes the door open. There she sees the sleeping figure on the bed.

 

Beautiful as always

 

Minkyung smiles. Then she catches herself smiling and frowns right away. She has no intention of coming into Kyungwon’s room to just silently stare at her sleeping. Her plan is to disturb Kyungwon, and the plan is still on.

She walks to the side of the bed and pulls the light blue duvet cover off Kyungwon.

Oops.

Wrong move.

Minkyung's head goes haywire.

She’s completely forgotten that one habit of Kyungwon’s; she sleeps in her underwear. Good thing that she at least has her shirt on.

Minkyung pinches her own thigh, reminding herself not to fall into the devil’s trap. She quickly puts the duvet cover back over Kyungwon and breathes a sigh of relief. That was dangerous.

After a moment of regaining her composure, she focuses back on the object of her plan. Kyungwon is still sleeping comfortably.

Minkyung looks around, trying to find something that she can use to draw on Kyungwon’s face. She doesn’t see any pen or marker, but she spots a few lipsticks on Kyungwon’s dressing table, and Minkyung thinks an orange-colored one would suit Kyungwon a lot.

A smile creeps onto her face as she twists up the lipstick, feeling so excited at the mere thought of what she’s about to do to Kyungwon.

With her weapon in her hold, she slowly leans closer to the sleeping girl. She first draws a small circle on Kyungwon’s left cheek.

No signs of waking up, which is good.

Minkyung draws another small circle on her right cheek, and a line across her forehead, and a few more of weird drawings and illegible handwritings all over Kyungwon’s small face.

Minkyung stops and leans back to take a better look at her masterpiece. Now Kyungwon looks very lovely. She places the lipstick back to its place and takes her phone out of the front pocket of her sleepwear. Lovely things need to be captured, don’t they?

 

After a few shots from every possible angle and lots of giggles, Minkyung decides to finally end her little project here. She glances at the girl who is still peacefully sleeping, impressed by how much of a heavy sleeper she is.

Kyungwon looks really serene right now that Minkyung almost backs out of her plan. Almost. She needs Kyungwon to wake up now, she can’t wait any longer to show her the photos she took.

Minkyung starts with poking her closed eyelids.

Then her nose.

There’s a slight twitch. Cute.

Being as mischievous as she’s always been, she ends up tickling Kyungwon all over her body. It succeeds though, because Kyungwon finally stirs from her position and one of her eyes opens slightly. 

“Kyungwon,” Minkyung calls out, hands impatiently shaking her body. Kyungwon seems to have gone back to sleep again. But Minkyung never knows how to give up.

“C’mon Kyungwon,” she grasps both of Kyungwon’s wrists, trying to pull her up to a sitting position, “I’ve got something to show you,” when did Kyungwon become so heavy?

Minkyung keeps pulling and pulling until she feels herself being the one who gets pulled.

She falls onto the bed, into someone’s arms.

“Shut up, Minkyung,” voice low, thick with sleep soothing to her ears, arms around her tightens, “let me sleep more..”

And so Minkyung lets her sleep more.

Her heart which was pounding rapidly seconds ago slows down to a more steady pace, along with the stable ups and downs of Kyungwon’s chest.

Soon she finds herself drifting off to sleep. Right. She can show Kyungwon the photos later. Sleep is more important. Being in her arms is far better.

 

––

 

Minkyung wakes up to no Kyungwon in the bed, no Kyungwon in the room, and no Kyungwon in the apartment. She figures that maybe Kyungwon went out to buy their breakfast or something.

It’s around nine that she hears the sound of the front door clicking shut.

“Hey Kyungwon, throw me your jacket. I’m doing the laundry,” Minkyung says without turning to see the other girl.

There’s no reply.

Just as she turns around to check on the other girl that she feels something hits right in her face. Kang Kyungwon just threw her jacket in her face. Minkyung growls under her breath and looks up to see an annoying smirk on Kyungwon’s face.

“What the hell, Kyungwon?! I didn’t tell you to literally throw it at me!”

“Ah, is that so? Sorry then.”

“Whatever.” Minkyung takes the ugly jacket and puts it in the washing machine.

“Was it fun?” Kyungwon walks to the dining table and places down the food she bought.

“What was fun?”

“Was painting on my face with a lipstick fun?”

Minkyung halts to a stop. She panics for a second. Kyungwon couldn’t be that mad, right? She finally musters up the courage to face Kyungwon and puts on her best, most convincing guilty look. “Forgive me?”

“Oh no. You don’t need to put that face on, Minkyung. I know you don’t feel sorry at all.” Minkyung pouts harder as Kyungwon rolls her eyes.

“Hey you should agree with me that it’s such a masterpiece!” Minkyung counters back, getting defensive all of a sudden.

“Really now? huh?” Either Kyungwon is mad for real or she’s only pretending to be mad, but nevertheless Minkyung backs down, scared to "anger" her even more.

Kyungwon turns away to walk into her room and Minkyung follows behind, tugging at her sleeve. “You’re not mad, are you? Hey Kyungwon…Kyungwon??”

Minkyung doesn’t notice the small smile on Kyungwon’s lips. Kyungwon hides it quickly and masks it with an annoyed expression, so that Minkyung would believe she is mad at her.

Seeing Minkyung acting all cute satisfies her a lot. Minkyung should’ve known better though, because hey, when can she ever be mad at Kim Minkyung?