Final

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong's POV

 

"Welcome home..." I smile at her. After long dreading years, she's here...she's finally back in my life.

However, instead of the warm smile she usually give to others, she coldy asks me, "Where's my room? I am tired."

I force a curve in my mouth. I don't wanna dampen today's mood cuz today should be one of the happiest day of my life. 'She's here...she's finally here.' I grab her suitcase and her left hand, but she retrieves both before I know it. "Let me help you.."

"No need. Where's my room?" her forehead creases, obviously annoyed.

"Upstairs." I sigh at her stubborness.

She walks before me and goes her own way. I can only shake my head as I follow her.

 

Guess it's true, I'm not good at a one-night stand
But I still need love 'cause I'm just a man
 

"Your room? Didn't I make myself clear when we talked about it before? Jiyong, I said I wanted a separate room!" Chaerin irritatingly barks as I am trying to calm her down.

"Tone down Chaerin. There are bunch of media men outside. We don't need another rumor!" I remind her.

"How am I supposed to forget that? When they are the mere reason why I had to come back in this mess." she bitterly chuckles.

I freeze at her words. I can't blame her though. If I were her, I might die instead of mingling along again with the person who hurted me in the past. "C-Chae...don't be so harsh."

She rolls her eyes. "You're gonna hear more if you won't give me the room I demanded before."

I look down, contemplating what to do next. The truth is, there's no other room in the house anymore because when she walked out of my life, I decided to use the vacant room as my mini bar. I disposed the beddings and replaced it with a mini sofa instead. It's too small that my body won't fit if I lay there. Sighing once more, I nod at her, "Fine. Stay here. You can use my room for the mean time."

"Fine, now get out." she said and aim for the bed.

Without looking back, I walk out and settle for the couch in the living room.

"This will be a long night..."

 

These nights never seem to go to plan
I don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand?

 

I remember what happened the day after I saw her again. She was playing this non-knowing games that I had a hard time talking to her. She avoided all of my attempts. She was obviously trying to brush me off, leaving me no option but to just give up.

Thank heavens, they are still on my side.

The paparazzi thought we are having affair, well, that WAS true until I screwed up and she left me. Soon, her life was never peaceful as she rebuilded it to be. The medias keep on flocking outside the orphanage, trying to get a glimpse of her face. The children and the nuns's privacy are started to get compromised because of the sudden invasion. In my part, I kept mum about the situation for a simple reason... I don't want to deny the issue. I love it, to be honest. I love how people think I belong to her. I love how the world is talking about us. At last, I finally give her the title she deserves, the one thing I denied to her before.

She talked to me. She finally acknowledged our past. She was at my front door, begging me to tell the truth and put an end to the baseless rumor. According to her, the management of the orphanage already warned her about the medias and that if the issue won't stop, she has to leave and find another home. But I can't stop. I don't want to stop. I love her a lot to let go of the chance.

 

Oh, won't you stay with me?
'Cause you're all I need

 

Then, the inevitable happened. The head nun had no choice but to let her go when one of the children's privacy got compromised due to the media's constant exposure. I know she was frustrated at me. If I gave her what she asked for, then she might be kind enough to talk to me but no, I am selfish enough to do what's right.

She had nowhere to go. I know because I have been stalking her since that day. Her face was so gloomy after tellin her last farewell with the kids. Yet, I show no mercy. I still keep mum about her request. I knew it's my chance to step up.

I appear in front of her when she was on the verge of giving up. Looking at me with her pitiful yet determined eyes, I pick her up, not caring with the people who are watching us. This is what I wanted anyway. I wanted the world to know that she's back in my arms.

We had a talk after. I asked her to move in with me, to cool down the issue. She has no choice but to agree, I know. I am happy when she finally nodded but not before laying her terms and conditions. She wanted to have her own room, I said yes. She wanted her utmost privacy and by that, she means to shield her from the press, I agree.

But then she wanted to leave me after six months...

"How does she wanted me to respond?"

 

This ain't love, it's clear to see
But, darling, stay with me
 

"Good morning Chaerin." I get up when i felt her presence at the edge of the staircase.

"You...slept here?"

I look away, don't want to meet her questiong gaze. Instead, I change the topic, "Are you hungry? Wait, let me check the-- Ouch!" I shout in reflex when I felt a sudden pain in my neck.

She shakes her head, "Stiff neck? I thought there's another room here? Why did you sleep on the couch then?"

"I haven't...ahh, I haven't finished preparing the bed yet."

"Bed? Wasn't there a bed before?"

"I transformed it into a minibar, actually." I answer sheepishly.

"Oh." was all she said before she turns around and goes to the kitchen.

 

I get up, not wanting to show her how it pained me. I walk inside my room and get some of my clothes and new toiletries as fast as I could. I am planning to take a bath in the now minibar. However, I bumped into her on my way outside.

"Chae...Ah, I just get some of my clothes...I..."

"You have schedule for today?"

I shake my head only to groan again in pain, "Aish...N-None. I have none."

"Good. Sleep again in your bed as I cook something. I'll just wake you up after." and she turns around and walk before I can even digest what she said.

'Did...did she just sound concern with me?'

 

Why am I so emotional?
No, it's not a good look, gain some self-control

 

The breakfast is eerily quiet, yet I can't help but to smile all throughout while eating the foods she cooked for me. The whiplash on my neck can't even distract me from eating heartily. This is what I have been praying for the past years...a beautiful morning with her. Perhaps, having a stiffneck every morning wouldn't be that bad?

"I am going out after breakfast." she told me.

"Where to?" I smile at her. "You want me to accompany you?"

"No need. You will just draw some attentions. Besides, I am going to look for a job." she monotonously replied.

"A job?"

"Yeah. Mother Superior gave me a recommendation so I can apply to some orphanage or low budgeted school here as a volunteer. If that happens, I might be able to move out before the six months span."

I suddenly lose my smile and my appetite. "But you don't have to move out. I mean, you can stay here as long as you want. I wouldn't mind."

"Jiyong, we have already talked about this. Stop trying okay? We're done." she frowns.

I shake my head, "You know I can't. Chaerin, I still love you. I love you so much. I just can't let you go this time." I hold her hand.

"You love me? You want me to stay? So what? So that you could hurt me again? It took me long enough to stand on my feet and when I finally did, you want me to go back to your hell hole? You knew what it costs me to be who I am today, so please, don't push yourself."

"If you will just let me, I can erase all the pain..."

"Don't you think it's too late for that?" she pushes my hand away but I didn't let go.

"It's never too late if you will just let me love you again."

"Enough with this conversation. You know it won't go anywhere." she said with finality.

Yet, in my heart, I know we still have long way to go.

My heart knows she's the one I will spend all of my tomorrows.

 

 

And deep down I know this never works
But you can lay with me so it doesn't hurt

 

When she took all of our memories away with her, I felt numb. I had nothing to dote with but my painful memories. I can only imagine her face and wonders if the story of us really exists. I have been a jerk and whatever I did is unforgivable yet a jerk is a jerk who thinks he deserve a second chance despite of being who he is. She suddenly disappears, incapacitating most of my senses. I thought I would be happy even without her yet when she was no longer there, I felt half of me paralyze with guilt, frustrations and regret.

So now, I am sei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter