Author's Message

The Day He Left

Hello everyone!

I guess you guys already know about Hoya's departure from Infinite right? Apparently, this story has been written inspired from his departure. Not trying to make everyone cry again, sorry but I just had too. I feel like my feelings should be poured and written into a story.

Hoya...

He has been part of Infinite for the past 7 years. He's their main dancer and rapper, a sass Busan boy whom Sunggyu the leader afraids of.

To be honest, I was kinda expecting someone going to leave Infinite since them and Woollim took long time to discuss about their contract renewal. But the news of his departure still breaks my heart.

Without Hoya, Infinite will never be the same. I am glad that they still will be active instead of disbanding, but I think it will take time for me to adjust with the current 6 members remaining instead of original 7 members.

Imagine The Eye choreography without Hoya during the dance break. Infinite H? Before The Dawn the Scorpion Dance part? Creeping behind Sunggyu during Man In Love song? Dissing the leader openly even when camera was on? His Busan accent in his raps? I Say Ho U Say Ya chants?

Oh we gonna miss that. All of that becomes memories that will sealed shut in Inspirits mind. Infinite as 6 will be a new start but for me they will always be 7. Always.

I feel regret for joining their fandom a bit late. I knew them since 2011 but joined Inspirit since 2014. I really regrets it honestly. But as Inspirits sayings goes: Once you Inspirit you can't Outspirit.

To the remaining members who chose to stay with Infinite, thank you so much. Sunggyu, Woohyun, Dongwoo, Sungyeol, Myungsoo, Sungjong (ahhh how weird to write members name without Hoya). Please comeback soon. We will always support Infinite. Be it 7, 6 or even 1. We are not a happy ending, but never ending - Woohyun.

To Hoya, thank you for the past 7 years. Thank you for your efforts, thank you for everything. You will be missed. I will always support your new path. Good luck, Hoya. You will always be Infinite Hoya to me.

To Inspirits, I hope everyone will keep supporting them. Losing one doesn't mean the end of everything. They need our support right now. Also, don't blame Hoya for leaving by calling him traitor and such. Please don't do that. It might be a difficult decision for Hoya to take for all we know. Please keep supporting him too in the future.

Infinite, saranghae ♡

Sincerely;

A long confession from an Inspirit from Malaysia.