CURSED

CURSED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The situation was frantic. Everyone was running around, with nowhere in mind. Everyone was running around, trying to find a safe place. The ship wobbled left and right, causing many to lose balance and toppled over one another. It was chaotic. We were in the middle of the ocean, with a ship only minutes away from being into the depth of the sea. I reached for the safety jacket under the seat where I was at, quickly wearing it.

“This is your captain speaking. All passengers please stay calm. Please wear the safety jackets provided under your seats.”

An announcement echoed through the passengers’ deck from the speakers in each corners, causing the roar of people to minimize.

“We are trying to go through the storm and it will be bumpy so please stay seated. Thank you for your cooperation.”

Everyone was quiet, except for a few whispers and chatters too low in volume to be audible enough for me to hear. People were starting to get back to their seats and put on the life jackets. I looked around and saw families trying to stop crying, but failing in the process. To my left, a father was holding his daughter, telling her everything will be fine, that they will be fine. But we both knew it probably wouldn’t happen. The storm outside was so strong and seawater was already crashing on the passengers’ deck windows. That was when I was hit with the realization that no matter what, all hopes was lost. Time was ticking and all we could do now – wait for the ship to crash.

Just when I was about to pray to God for help, the ship toppled to the left and crashed onto the ocean. Windows were broken and doors opened, causing seawater to flood in the deck. I got up my feet and tried to get outside, making my way through the aisle by holding the seats.

Once outside, the view terrified me most. A wave as high as a skyscraper was building in front of the ship. As if determined to drown me, the wave crashed on to the ship before I even managed to run back into the deck.

I out.

 

 

 

I opened my eyes to a dimly lit sleep lamp above my head. My head was rested on a soft pillow I probably could never afford, and my body was covered with silk sheet of blanket. I looked around me and the room looked like it was one of those rooms you would expect a royalty would have, with the colour tone, and the high-end furniture. My body was aching all over, however I tried to sit up. I walked around the room to find a full body mirror. I was still wearing the same clothes, which didn’t look like it was still wearable. A few buttons were gone on my shirt and the colour of my pants were dull. I noticed some bandages were wrapped around my arms.

But the real question was, am I dead? If I am, is this what heaven is?

“You’re awake.” A voice called out from the door.

I turned around and saw the most ethereal-looking person standing by the door. She was dressed in a white one-piece with a dainty necklace around her neck. Her dark hair nicely framed her beautiful face. And she was smiling… at me.

So I get a wife too when I’m in heaven? I thought to myself. The scene in front of me was so unreal that I still could not get a grasp of it.

I fell so deeply in love with this person standing by the door, I almost toppled over to the floor. As I found my courage, I walked to her, slowly as my legs was still hurting.

“Who are you?” I asked her. My voice came out croaky, as if I hadn’t drunk a drop of water in years. “Where am I?”

“My name’s Calypso, and you’re in the island of Ogygia.” She answered. I love how confident she sounded when she did so, and I fell in love more. “But, enough about me, we need to get you dressed and you need to eat.”

I didn’t answer and gave her a slight nod. It was already too painful to ask her the questions. She handed me a set of new clothes to change to, which I didn’t notice she had been holding when she went to the room.

Calypso reminded me to go down to the dining room for dinner and again I answered her with a slight nod. She turned around to make her way out of the room, but I stopped her.

“Wait!” I said, almost shouting. She looked over at me with confusion in her eyes. “My name is Baekhyun.”

She smiled and that s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter