Final

Of Kittens and Umbrellas.

 

Thursday 

7:15 am 

 

" Today's forecast shows us some heavy rain in the heart of Seoul, be careful while driving and keep an umbrella on you if you're going to be out and about "  said the anchors scratchy voice blaring from the TV. I paid no heed to any of the warnings since I was way too preoccupied with getting Eun washed before I left for work knowing I won't be able to later since the company is in a mess with Exo's repackage coming out next month. 

 

" Come on Eun, please be good for mommy okay? I will do anything you want baby I'm getting late for work! ". After a lot of scuffing he finally complied and let me wash him. I was out of the door as soon as I was done getting ready.

 

 

8:30 am

 

I rushed into the building  just barely on time and received looks for my disheveled appearance. I bowed my head in embarrassment and made a bee-line to the elevator, not looking up once. While rushing towards the elevator I bumped into something hard making me land on my , wincing and too absorbed by the stinging pain in my , I didn't notice that the person I bumped into was reaching out to me trying to help me up. It's only when a big hand comes in contact with my upper arm my eyes shoot open, curious to know who it was. 

 

Sehun pulls me up, chuckling lightly. " Good morning Baekhee - yah, are you all right? " He asks with his eyes crinkled in amusement. " Y-yes Sehun-ah, I'm okay I just had a busy morning " I respond wanting to crawl up in a ball and die. I can't believe I just embarrassed myself in front of him! Baekhyun and him are never going to let this die!. 

 

Just then the elevator dings announcing it's arrival, we get on and press on the floor we need to get to. " How's practice going?" Making some small talk to break the awkward atmosphere " Practice is going well, Chan hyung and Baek hyung are composing a song together " He says as we arrive at our destination. " I know, oppa has been going off about that for months, sometimes I think he's gay for Chanyeol oppa since he's always so excited whenever they're together. " Sehun bursts out laughing when I say that and nods in agreement.

 

Speaking of the devil, he comes into my line of sight once I enter the recording studio. "YAH BAEKHEE WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR FACE?!" He hollers as soon as he sees me and I sigh. Kyungsoo comes up to me with a look of sympathy and a hint of amusement. " You look a bit ruffled up " He tells me as if I don't already know. " My cat was giving me a hard time okay?" I say in agitation while throwing glares at anyone who dared to laugh at me. Sehun being one who wasn't affected at all by my deadly stares laughed so hard it would put hyenas to shame. 

 

" Can we please just get this recording done? We still have a lot to go over ". Finally  everyone gets serious and starts working. 

 

 

10:30 pm 

 

By ten pm we had finished recording fourteen songs and I just knew that I was going to have the worst head ache tomorrow morning. The members were going to go home later since they were going to practice their dance routines a bit more. Being crammed in the recording room all day didn't alert me about the weather, and I groaned at my luck trying to hail a taxi but none of the drivers would bat an eye.

 

With a heavy sigh I trudged back into the building sopping wet. Deciding to walk back home I prepared my self to step back out in the pouring rain, I walked towards the exit. 

" Baekhee! Yah, Byun Baekhee! Wait! " I turned to the familiar voice calling out my name to come face to face with an out of breath and panting Oh Sehun holding out an umbrella for me to take. 

 

" Sehun-ah, did you really run down the stairs when we had an elevator? " I say raising an eyebrow in judgment. Sehun frowns listening to my words " I run down four flights of stairs to save your sorry and give an umbrella and this is how you repay me, are you for real? " I blush at his response. I suddenly wonder about how he knew that I would need an umbrella and voice out my thoughts, " Ah well, I saw that you didn't carry an umbrella this morning so I thought you'd need it. " He says rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment. " But how will you get back home? " I ask. " Don't worry about me, what kind of a best friend would I be if I let his sister go out in the pouring rain without an umbrella, I would drop you off but I can't leave yet " He tells me. 

 

" Thank you Sehun, I promise I'll treat you to food!" I promise him, he nods and gestures for me to go. " I'll hold you on that Baek ah, now go I'll meet you tomorrow! " 

 

 

 

11:00 pm 

 

On the way back home my head is filled with thoughts of Sehun. Opening the door to my apartment I call out for Eun, he walks to me in lazy strides. I plop myself on the couch and Eun follows, " Eun, why is my heart beating so fast like this when I think of him, I feel so warm and fuzzy inside what's happening to me?" I look at the umbrella  when I see that Eun was starting at it so intensely. I widen my eyes only now realizing that the print on the umbrella is white bichon who strangely looks like vivi. Before I can catch Eun she's already pouncing on the umbrella claws bared and ready to attack while I cry out in despair. " No Eun bad kitty! Bad kitty! Stop it's not ours!" Bit he pays no heed to my shouting. I pull him off the umbrella as fast as I can hoping that the damage done is repairable but as soon as I lay my eyes on the poor umbrella I see that it's been ripped to shreds, it's beyond repair.

 

" Oh no! What am I going to tell sehun now? How can I face him after this! " I stare at my kitten with anger " Eun I'm very upset with you! " I sigh and pick up the umbrella looking at it with guilt. Great, now I have to think of a way to tell sehun that my cat ripped his precious umbrella to shreds. 

 

That night I go to bed with a heavy heart.

 

 

Friday 

8:45 am

 

I make my way up to the practice room dreading the events about to follow. I stop in front of a door labeled 'EXO' and reach out to turn the knob. As I enter the few members who had just arrived were warming up and talking to each other waiting for the others to arrive. My eyes looked around the room for a certain someone who's ripped umbrella was lying pitifuly in my plastic bag (along with a box of 'Sorry, my cat ripped your umbrella' cookies) and was thankful to find out that he wasn't here yet. 

 

The only people in the room were Kyungsoo, Jongin, Minseok and Yixing. They all turned to look at me in astonishment because I never really come to the practice room since I'm always cooped up in the recording room.

 

" Baekhee, what brings you here?" Jongin asks, " I came to return Sehuns umbrella, he lent it to me last night." They nod in understanding when Minseok speaks up "If you're late you can just leave it here, we'll give if to Sehun." I was about to respond when a voice speaks up from behind me. 

 

"Give me what?" Sehun says, and I paled turning around to face him " Good Morning Sehun, I came to give you back your umbrella but before you say anything let me explain, Eun has a deep hatred for dogs and I didn't realize that the umbrella had a dog print on it so as soon as he saw it he pounced on it and ripped it, I'm so so sorry I swear I'll make it up to you. I even bought you cookies, I'm so sorry. Please don't hate me I- " Sehun grabs my shoulders successfully stopping my rambling and says " Baekhee, it's all right I'm sure it's not that bad." Sehun said with a reassuring smile.

 

" It sort of is." 

 

" Oh come on just show me." He replies holding out his hand waiting for me to give him the bag.

 

" Oh." Is what he says after examining the umbrella. " Well, you can pay me back with that coffee you were talking about then. " He says with an easy smile on his face.