SECOND BOUQUET

Magical Flowershop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A bag landed on top of Jungkook’s bed. The owner entered his room, then slammed his bedroom’s door. He closes his eyes, taking a deep breath, and trying to ignore all the screams that can be heard from his parents. Yes, they’re fighting again. Jungkook lost count on how many times his parents were shouting at each other for the past week. Jungkook even forgot when was the last time they're laughing together as a family.

He walks to his bed, and throw himself there. Doesn’t bother to change his uniform. He covers his eyes with his arm then choose to cover his ears. As strong as he can to cover his ears, his parents' voice still reached him.

“Go away, Lee Ahyoung! Are you not scared?” Jungkook glares at Ahyoung. They’re arguing about their task. Like usual, he only stares at him. Without any expression on her face.

“Scared of what?” she asks while looking at Jungkook, making him pinch the bridge of his nose. This girl...

“You haven’t heard that I’m a gangster? I can hurt you anytime I want,”

“Nah, you will do it since its the first time. So... no, I’m not scared of you,” Jungkook only stares at her. She’s looking at their schoolyard. Jungkook follows her gaze.

Lee Ahyoung is a weirdo and a disturbance for him. She isn't afraid of him at all. It makes him becomes the one who's afraid of her. A soft wind plays with her long hair. None of them wanted to start the conversation. Jungkook knows enough, they’ll argue again.

“This world is cruel. And life is scarier than you,” Ahyoung said, making Jungkook taken aback by her statements.

“Wh-what?” Ahyoung turns her gaze. For the first time since he met her, Ahyoung smiles at him. A warm smile.

“Let’s fight it together, Jungkook!”


 

Jungkook pulls his arm away from his ears. Her words are replaying continuously in his head since he left her alone there. Somehow, he can’t hear his parents voice. He only heard Ahyoung’s voice. Let’s fight it together... Jungkook’s hand moves to his beating heart. That is the first time, someone asked him to fight the world together.


 


 

No one ever asked me before,

Asking me to face my problem


 


 

“Yah! Jeon Jungkook!” Jungkook stopped at the loud voice. Ahyoung runs in his direction and catches her breath when she stopped right in front of him.

“What do you want?” he asks her coldly. Ahyoung signaled him to give her a second to catch her breath. Oddly, Jungkook just stood there because if it is really him, he would leave her already.

“Let’s do the task today. I mean, if you are free. I have a part-time job at Coffeebay near the pharmacy down this street until seven o’clock. We can do our task there after my shift ended, I’ll buy you some drink and food.” Jungkook stares at her then give her a sarcastic chuckle.

“Do you think I can’t buy my own food and drink?” Ahyoung was taken aback. He is right, why didn't she thought that her words will insult him?

“T-That’s not what I mean, really...” somehow, Jungkook has this will to smile at her.

“No, Lee Ahyoung. I won’t do the task.” Ahyoung gulps, that’s final, right? Jungkook walks away from her. Ahyoung is thinking what can she do to make him do the task. She's looking at Jungkook again, he takes another step further.

“I’ll wait for you there! Until you come, I’ll be there!” she shouted. She can see Jungkook stop on his track, not turning his body, and walked again.

“He’ll coming, right?” Ahyoung mutters.

 

Should she be mad at Jungkook? Ahyoung sits near the window since seven o’clock, waiting for her partner to appear in front of her. Ahyoung glances again at the wall clock. It is almost ten o, Jinyoung will be closing this place at ten. Ahyoung sighs, she noted herself to get Jungkook’s phone number if he is coming because Jungkook isn’t coming.

“Ahyoung-a, he isn’t coming?” ugh, Jinyoung makes it clearer for her. Ahyoung shakes her head. Jinyoung gives her a small smile before sitting across her.

“Let’s go home, I’ll walk you home.” Jinyoung offered. Ahyoung huffed, there are a few things in this world that she hates and waiting is included on her hate list.

“I’ll kill him when I see him,” Jinyoung chuckled at her behavior.

“Let’s go, Ahyoung. Your sister will be angry at you again,”

 

Strolling around his small town is the best thing to do at night. Jungkook walks around with bottles of soda inside a white plastic bag. He needs to avoid answering a quiz with Namjoon if he doesn’t want to go shopping in the middle of the night. Sometimes he forgot, Namjoon is the most clever among them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter