Prologue

Hidden Heiress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hwan not spending even a dime of time with his sons meant that he could not justify a reason to select a heir and so he left a will. He commanded his right men to follow the monarch tradition 'The throne will only be passed on to the eldest son on the condition that he produces at least a son of his own.'

Yi San, his eldest son was next in line but none of his consorts he slept with bore a single son. He didn't want to lose his right to the throne but due to his unfortune produced 7 daughters. His brothers and the opposing factions could now claim Yi San as the unrightful heir, 'He hath yet to produce a heir and bearing more will taint the bloodline". However, Yi San did not give up but tried once more and this unborn child he would recieve drove his fate. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yi San's deceased mother was an empress and thus the bloodline he possessed gave him the spotlight that his younger half brothers envied. Being high in the family hierarchy drove his brothers mad. They were thirsting for an opportunity to turn it upside down even if it meant to kill him. 

Yi San could not give in to death if being on the throne meant he could live. And so the day came, his child he depended on arrived but to his disappointment, the child lead him into despair. He was fustrated but a speck of desperation drove him to share his fate with his newly born daughter. He disguised a significant part of her identity and gave her the title of prince Moonbyul. 

Byul's father had pinpointed how her future would be. He mapped out every single bit of her life hoping that their wouldn't be any potential loopholes. He believed they existed for his opposing factions and brothers to pry on and if found would put them in danger. 

Byul's daily regime consisted of wearing her royal attire and robes made only for the crowned prince, attending meticulous lessons with scholars, receiving private combat sessions, learning the arts and literature with other scholars. No one but the royal princes would recieve this kind of education and all of this and every aspect of her life involved strict surveillance. Strict surveillance really meant that her natural female mannerisms and behaviours were ommitted from prying eyes. Her father emphasised the importance of being accustomed to male mannerisms in the royal household and utmost in the public eye otherwise he could not guarantee he could sustain a favorable life for her. 

A few of Yi San's brothers had grown suspicious over the years. They sensed something odd about Byul's strict regime and were curious as to why she didn't share barely any lessons with the other princes. His brothers knew little about Byul and were hoping to grasp something that would put them in danger. 

On the next royal court gathering the opposing faction in favour of Yi San's brothers had brought the idea of producing an heir in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter