End

Confession Letter

Wendy didn’t know what she had done in her past life to be treated like this, or more like why in the world does she have friends like Joy and Yeri. Here they are, in the middle of their university’s park that’s literally full of students, couples and even lecturers hanging out while Joy was standing on one of the benches there, holding a megaphone on one hand and a letter on her other hand. Yeri on the other hand was preventing Wendy to grab the megaphone away from Joy who was snickering like a mad woman at the poor hamster.

 

“Attention!” Joy shouted through the megaphone. “I have a very special message that I would love to share very much to all of you here.”

 

All the people in the park quickly stopped whatever they’re doing and looked at Joy with much anticipation.

 

“No, Joy please don’t. I promise you that I would buy you lunch every day for a month.” Wendy begged at Joy so that the megaphone girl won’t read the letter in front of so many people there.

 

Joy smirked and put away her megaphone then turned to look at Wendy who was struggling to get off Yeri’s tight embrace. “That’s what you get for pranking me the other day.”

 

“No no no no I was wrong please forgive me Joy.” Wendy begged more but the younger could only snickered and put the megaphone on back.

 

Wendy pulled a prank on Joy the other day, pouring a bucket full of ice cold water at the latter just because Joy doesn’t want to wake up to go to class. Joy was fuming and she swore to Satan that she would make Wendy pay for this and it seems like today is going to be the day. Wendy knew that her life would end today the moment she realized that the Satan duo snatched her bag away from her and took the letter that she wanted to burn so much as soon as she read them.

 

“Joy please…” Wendy begged but the tall girl wouldn’t even consider the hamster’s apology while the squirtle was laughing like a maniac.

 

“Told you not to prank her, unnie.” Yeri cackled like the step-mum from Cinderella and signalled Joy to continue.

 

Joy cleared before opening the letter and starting to read it. “’To the girl who I love the most.’” Joy said with a cringy tune while Wendy was lowering her head low to hide her embarrassment.

“’You don’t know how much I love you. Every day I would stare at your - I mean, your back just because you always sit at the front of the class.”

 

Joy continued reading the letter, while glancing and smirking at Wendy once in a while just to tease the latter. Meanwhile a lot people are starting to gather in front of the three ladies, some of them even came from the library, just to see what the ruckus was about. The worst thing was some of the students took out their phones just to record the iconic scene that was happening in front of them. 

 

Oh god, why do I have to live like this. Wendy thought as she was praying for god to give strength to keep her alive once all of this are over.

 

“’You don’t know how much your presence had affected me. The first time I see you was the first time that I believe in love at first sight. Ever since then, I kept thinking about you. I think about you when I’m bored, I think about you when I’m happy, I think about you when I’m sick and I even think about you when my ex-boyfriend dumped me.’”

 

The crowds were giggling and some of them even look at Joy with an amusing look. They were whispering and tried to think who was the writer of this cringy letter but some of them already figured it out as soon as they look at Wendy who looked like she’s going to die in any second now.

 

“’I might be drunk writing right now, but please accept my love, Bae Joohyun. We can be the power couple. You, the student council president and me, the music prodigy. This is my confession letter to you, Irene. So please, accept my love. But if you reject me, then it’s okay. I’ll wait for you no matter how long it takes. Yours truly, Wendy Son Seungwan.’” Joy laughed loudly as soon as she finished reading the letter and stepped down from the chair then quickly look at Wendy.

 

“Told you not to mess with me.” Joy cackled and walk away from there as if nothing had happened. The crowds dissipated as time passed and some of them even threw Wendy a pity glance before walking away.

 

From that day onward, Wendy knew her life is ruined. 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Ever since that embarrassing day, Wendy would keep her head hung low and she’d even wear hat just to cover her face but the whole school knew her just because of her short stature and also her one-of-a-kind hair. Plus, she’s one of the famous student in the university. The fact that Joy just ruined her life few days ago, was horrible to her. Well, at least Irene was not there at that time but Wendy could only ask God how many people had recorded the whole scene and posted it on their social medias. She wouldn’t even dare to look at anyone at this moment much more Irene herself. In class, Wendy would fix her gaze on the floor since it’s better for her to do that than to stare at Irene’s back.

 

“I swear to god I would kill you in your sleep.” Wendy glared at Joy who was laughing so hard in their shared room.

 

“You’re the one who started it. Plus, it would be a pity if you’ll just burn it instead of just giving it to Irene like you wanted to.”

 

“I was drunk at that time! I got drunk and wrote the letter and then passed out right after finishing it.” Wendy argued and shuddered as soon as she recalled the day she read the letter when she was sober. Goddamn, that was embarrassing.

 

“Welp, now the whole university know how head over heels you are towards Irene.” Joy cackled and dashed into her room to avoid Wendy from kicking her .

 

“That girl…” Wendy was fuming and fisted her knuckles so hard. “I swear to god to put you back in hell along with Yeri.”

 

~~~~~~~~

 

“Hey Irene.” Seulgi said as soon as she sat across the dark haired girl in front of her. They were in the cafeteria but Irene was doing her assignment instead of eating. “Have you seen the video of a girl shouting into a megaphone reading her friend’s confession letter?”

 

“Umm, no. Why should I care about that?” Irene asked as she looked at Seulgi weirdly.

 

“Ohohoho yes you should care about it. Especially if it involves you.”

 

“What are you talking about?” Irene was more than confused by now and Seulgi could only rolled her eyes and shoved her phone to her friend’s hand and quickly clicked play on the video she downloaded a few days ago.

 

“Watch it.”

 

Shrugging, Irene plugged in her earphone and watched the video of a girl standing on a chair with a megaphone on her hand. As she kept watching at the video, Irene’s face was neutral until that part where her name was shouted out loud through the megaphone in front of all of the people there. As the video progressed, her face was getting a deeper shade of red and Seulgi swore Irene looked like a tomato by now. And she face-palmed herself as soon as the megaphone girl said Wendy’s name out loud.

 

Oh my god. Irene thought as she unplugged her earphone from Seulgi’s phone and returned the phone back to its owner.

 

“So, you know who this Wendy Son Seungwan is?” Seulgi wiggled her eyebrows and smirked at her flushed friend.

 

“S-She’s my classmate in English class. You don’t know her? The girl who won the talent time last year.” Irene looked at Seulgi who still have no idea who this ‘Wendy’ girl is. She sighed and continued, “The one who sang Adam Levine’s Lost Stars?” 

 

“Oh her!” Seulgi snapped her fingers and looked at Irene with shimmering eyes. “Damn, she’s hot. I would totally date her if I were you.” 

 

Irene could only cover her face in embarrassment. No wonder some students kept glancing and staring at her these few days.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

As if things couldn’t be worse, life sure loved to play with Wendy. It was English class, the class she suddenly hated the most because that’s the only class she had with Irene, the one who she tried to avoid the most. But, today she can’t. Because today, her goddamn lecturer told the whole class to make a pair for group projects and her goddamn lecturer is the one who will choose their partner. Wendy prayed to God so that her lecturer would pair her up with anyone else beside Irene. She would even rather be paired up with the guy who had a crush at her than to be with Irene. 

 

That's okay Seungwan. Wendy said to herself. There are 28 students here including you so that means you got 1/27 chance to get paired up with Irene and 26/27 chance to get paired up with anyone. 

As she looked at her lecturer who was calling out names, she’d hope that he would pair her up with anyone beside Irene. As her lecturer got into half of the list, she heard her name called out and she sighed in relief because she now has 1/11 chance to get paired up with Irene. There’s no was her lecturer would say Irene’s name yet.

 

“Son Seungwan… hmm, since you’re really good at English, I would pair you up with one of the weak student here, is it fine for you?”

 

Oh no, Irene is one of the weakest student here. Oh god please no. 

 

“Y-Yeah…” Wendy squeaked, her voice was barely hearable.

 

“Good then. Bae Joohyun, you’ll go with Son Seungwan.”

 

Oh me.

 

The whole class looked shocked and even some of them whispered about them two being soulmates or all of this is fate and Wendy never felt more than dying at that time.

 

“Take this as an opportunity for you to learn English more, okay?” Mr.Kim asked Irene and she merely nod at him.

 

As Mr.Kim spoke and determining the pairs, Wendy was already planning on ways to get teleported back to Canada again or even Mexico. It doesn’t matter, as soon as she wouldn’t have to face Irene again.

 

“Okay that’s it. Go to you pair now and start discussing on the topic for your assignment. I would like your reports by the end of this week.” Mr.Kim said and everyone immediately walked to their respected partners. 

 

Wendy on the other hand was lowering her head low and refused to move. She would never move, not after the whole university know about her embarrassing drunk confession letter. After few minutes of not moving, Wendy heard someone dragging her seat towards her and immediately sat on it. She lowered her head more, now her eyes are on her skirt.

 

“Umm, I noticed that you’re not moving so I decided to come here.” Irene said and Wendy’s cheeks flushed so bad as soon as she heard how beautiful and calming Irene’s voice is. She didn’t respond and the older of the two just kept talking. “Umm, nice to see you, Wendy.”

 

Ohmygod she knows my English name! Ohmygod!
 

Wendy immediately snapped her head up, startling Irene who was looking at her hair. “You- you know my English name?” 

 

Irene smiled widely, which made Wendy’s heart skipped a thousand beat and nod. “Yeah, you’re pretty much popular here. Especially after the megaphone incident.”

 

Wendy’s eyes were wide and her cheeks felt like it would burn anytime now. “Y-you saw the video?”

 

“Yeah, Seulgi showed it me.”

 

“Damn you technology.” Wendy muttered in perfect English which made the older girl looked at her in confusion.

 

“What did you say?” Irene said as she furrowed her eyebrows, to which the latter found very adorable.

 

“N-Nothing. Let’s just continue with the assignment.”

 

Confused, Irene just shrugged and continued with their assignment.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

“Joy, is this fate?” Wendy sing-song happily as she was dancing inside their shared room, which made the taller girl looked at her in disgust.

 

“You’re really weird, Wendy. Few days ago you threatened to kill me and now you’re dancing like a maniac happily?”

 

“It’s ‘unnie’ to you, Joy. I am older than you.” Wendy stopped dancing and glared at her roommate. “Plus, I don’t think she’s mad about the incident the other day. She didn’t even feel disturbed or something while she was with me.” Wendy sat beside Joy on the couch.

 

“No, I’m not gonna call you ‘unnie’.” Joy argued back and rolled her eyes at Wendy. “Are you dumb? Even I feel mad reading your cringy drunk confession latter.”

 

“Wait.” Wendy said as if she just thought of a very genius idea. “What if she likes me back? That’s why she isn’t even bothered about the video thingy.” 

 

“Tsk as if. She’s way above your league.”

 

The hamster quickly pouted after hearing her friend’s (probably) true statement.

 

“I’m never gonna give up tho.” 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Wendy and Irene spent so much time with each other just because of their English’s assignment and on the mean time the Canadian girl would sometime teach her crush a bit English. Surprisingly, Irene’s a quick learner and her English was getting better and better, much to their delight. And the best thing was that the megaphone incident was already forgotten by most of the students there, and Wendy now doesn’t even get the dirty or pity look again. 

 

Unfortunately, today is the end of their partner assignment since the due date is today, which made Wendy very sad. At least they got and A for that.

 

And after that, it all returned to normal, as if they never interacted before. Wendy continued her daily routine of looking at Irene’s back during English class sadly. 

 

Well, at least they talked for almost a week.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

“Hey why do you look so sad unnie?” Yeri asked as soon as she sat across Wendy on one of the tables in the cafeteria.

 

“She didn’t interact with Irene anymore.” Joy answered for Wendy since the latter was laying her head on the table while listening to Jessie J’s songs through her earphone.

 

“Oh.” Yeri looked at the sad girl pitifully before completely changing her expression to a happy one. “Anyway, Amber unnie is gonna throw a party at her house tomorrow night. Wanna come?”

 

“Oh hell yeah! Count me in!” Joy hollered as she raised her hand up in excitement, earning some glares from other students, but, she didn’t care. “Wendy, you should come too.”

 

“Yeah unnie! You totally should! You can find some girls and probably get laid by them.” Yeri wiggled her eyebrows as she looked at Wendy who was looking at her with a poker face.

 

“No.” She sighed. “I promise not to give up on Irene.” Wendy tried to give the duo a reason.

 

But, Yeri and Joy didn’t care. They never care, well, most of the time they didn’t.

 

“Maybe Irene will be there.” Joy smirked as she looked at Wendy who instantly changed her expression as soon as she heard the name she missed the most.

 

“Yeah, I heard that Seulgi will be there. Maybe she will bring Irene along.” Yeri added and smirked together with Joy.

 

Well, it worth the try, isn’t it?

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Idiot Wendy, why would you listen to those two brats, they’re clearly lying at you. Wendy thought as soon as she arrived at Amber’s place. They even leave me alone here! 

 

Having no other options, the short girl decided to walk to the kitchen to grab some punch drink, since her alcohol tolerance is pretty low. Wendy sighed as she didn’t see any figure of the girl she really wanted to see today. Pouting, she gulped the full cup of non-alcoholic beverage in one shot and quickly filled it up again. Wendy grimaced as she looked at all the drunk people in there and almost half of them are making out in front of her, which she distasted the most.

 

Rolling her eyes, Wendy walked upstairs to the balcony (with her punch drink), where there are no drunk people around that place fortunately. She could see the backyard pool through the balcony and the scenery amazingly made her mind and body relax (minus the random boy who peed on one of the trees there). She closed her eyes and inhaled the fresh breeze to calm her mind more because she felt dizzy that time, much to her confusedness. So she can’t drink punches too now?

 

“Bored?”

 

Wendy quickly snapped her head back, where the voice came from and her breath hitched as soon as she saw the person in front of her. “Y-you’re here.” The girl said as she was starting to feel lightheaded. 

 

“Of course I’m here, I want to see someone.” Irene said as she approached Wendy and smiled at her before she leaned her back against the railing of the balcony.

 

“Oh.” Wendy mood suddenly deteriorated hearing Irene’s statement. 

 

“How about you? What brings you here? As far as I know, you aren’t the type of girl who would go into these kind of party.” The older girl asked as she gave Wendy a gentle look which made the latter’s heart skipped a thousand beat.

 

“H-How’d you know that?” Am I that obvious? Wendy thought and drink her punch again. 

 

“Just answer the question, Wendy.” Irene dodged the latter’s question like a pro and kept smiling.

 

“U-Uh…” Wendy contemplated whether to take the risk or not. She decided to take it. “You.” She confessed and quickly looked on the ground, feeling embarrassed. 

 

“Me?” 

 

“Yeah, Joy- I mean, megaphone girl said that you would come here so I decided to tag along because… I want to see you. I miss you- I mean, I miss talking to you.” Wendy was in a mumbling mess and she had never been so embarrassed more in her whole life. She finished her drink in one shot after finishing her embarrassing confession (again).

 

“Actually I-“


Before Irene could finished her sentence, suddenly a wild squirtle barged towards them and quickly wrapped her hand around Wendy, who quickly looked at her in confusion. “Wendy unnie! Here you are! I’ve been looking all over the place for you!” Yeri said in desperation.

 

“Yeri? Why?” Wendy asked and Yeri quickly whispered something to her while Irene was looking at both of them with a question mark on her head. “Oh. Okay then.” The hamster agreed on whatever Yeri whispered to her just now. 

 

After a few seconds, a guy, who Wendy identified as Mark, walked to them and quickly declared his love at Yeri who was trembling with fear and held Wendy’s hand tighter.

 

“Kim Yerim! I love you so much! Will you go out with me?” The troublemaker said with a confident tone and handed Yeri a box of chocolate, while the latter just hid behind Wendy more.

 

“I’m sorry, but Yeri and I are dating.” Wendy said with menacing tone, which made Mark whimpered with fears. “And really, confessing here? In a middle of a party? Do you even know what class is?” The girl said with (fake) anger in her tone and raised her eyebrow at the poor boy.

 

“I-I’m sorry, I didn’t k-know-“

 

“Shut it. If I hear you disturb her again I’m going to throw you to Joy and you know how bad she can torture you.” Wendy said and the boy quickly backed away from them. 

 

“I-I won’t disturb her again…” Mark shivered as soon as he imagined what Joy could do to him. He quickly bailed away from them and Wendy heaved a sigh of relief as soon as he ran away, and so does Yeri.

 

Irene was feeling overwhelmed at what just had happened few minutes ago. She didn’t know there’s this side of Wendy and she didn’t know that Wendy is taken by this girl who looked like a squirtle.

 

“Oh my god thank you unnie! I love you so much!” Yeri said in happiness and kissed Wendy on the cheek before running away from the balcony, probably going to continue getting herself drunk with Joy.

 

The Canadian girl could only laugh lightly at Yeri’s cute antics and looked at Irene back. “Oh, what were you going to say just now?” She asked.

 

“O-Oh.” Irene said and avoided Wendy’s gaze “N-nothing. It’s not important.” She kept looking at her front, since the sight is suddenly more interesting to look at than Wendy’s eyes.

 

“C’mon. Everything you say is important, at least they are to me.”

 

Goddamn it Wendy why are you so smooth?

 

“I didn’t know you are dating someone.” Irene looked at Wendy who was still smiling at her like a fool in love. 

 

“Eh? Who? Yeri?” The younger asked and Irene nodded. Wendy quickly broke into a fit of laughter after hearing Irene’s absurd statement.

 

“W-What’s so funny?” The clueless girl asked as she’s getting annoyed at how Wendy is taking this thing so lightly. It’s important to her to know this. 

 

“You’re cute, Irene.” Wendy kept giggling and wipe her tears away from her eyes.

 

Irene immediately blushed after hearing the latter’s bold words.

 

“Yeri.” Wendy started talking as soon as she calmed down from her laughing fits. “She is taken. But by some other girl at another university. I was just pretending to be her girlfriend because that boy wouldn’t stop bugging her and she recently found out that the boy feared Joy and me. So she saw the chance and she took it. Don’t worry, I am a single girl.”

 

Irene heaved a sigh of relief as soon as she knew the real truth. Wait, why do I even held my breath?

 

“So Irene,” Wendy said and Irene quickly looked at her. “Tell me what were you going to say before Yeri came barging in.”

 

“I uhh…” The older girl is the one who is feeling nervous now. “Actually, I come here because I want to see you too.”

 

“You w-what?” Wendy was in a blushing war right now but she kept looking at Irene who looks shy…? Why is shy the one who’s shy? Shouldn’t it be Wendy instead?

 

“About the video…” Irene said and the younger’s eyes were instantly wide. 

 

She quickly waved her hands to deny everything Irene thought about the embarrassing video. “I-I’m sorry if I offended you. I was drunk that day and-“

 

“Everything you write in the letter, is it true?” Irene cut the latter’s words and looked at her intently. Wendy’s blush worsened as she saw how intent her crush’s gaze is.

 

Well, there’s no use to deny the truth, right? Wendy thought. “Yeah…” She admitted shyly and looked at the floor.

 

“Good.” Irene said and before Wendy could responded with anything, her cheeks were cupped and she felt pair of soft and warm lips on her own.

 

Feeling bewildered, she barely responded to Irene’s kiss and she just stand up straight like a robot instead. However, Irene was getting bolder and wrapped her hand around the latter’s neck and pull Wendy closer to her. After finally registering everything to her brain, Wendy finally responded to the kiss and wrapped her arms around Irene’s waist. After almost a minute of making out, both of them broke the kiss since oxygen was necessary to them.

 

“W-What the hell was that?” Wendy asked, still feeling breathless.

 

“I… I like you too.” Irene confessed, making the latter smile wide like a fool and feeling her heart leaping in joy. “Even before the video spread. When you walked into the class, I was holding my breath because I don’t believe that the infamous Wendy Son aka the music prodigy would attend the same class with me, and I fall for you more when I hear how perfect your English pronunciation is.”

 

“I-I didn’t realize that you like me too…” The short girl said as she kept looking at Irene’s eyes lovingly.

 

“It’s because you’re busy staring at my .” The older said, decided to tease the girl in front of her a little.

 

“I-I was not staring at your .” Wendy defended herself but Irene knew too well that Wendy really did stare at her .

 

“I’ll let you stare at them more if you agreed on going back to my place.” Irene smirked as she whispered those words to Wendy’s ears. “Don’t worry, Seulgi will be staying over at her girlfriend’s place tonight. It’s just you and me.”

 

Wendy had never nod her head that hard and walked away (while holding Irene’s hand tightly) that fast in her whole life.

 

But whatever it is, she is really looking forward from that day onward. Especially after she finally get her dream girl to be hers.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Comment on what you thought on this fic ^^ Thanks for reading! I love you guys! Xoxo 
Ps: I don’t really like what I write here since I feel like I’m rushing things but it’s probably because I DON’T LIKE SLOWBURN THEY’RE THE DEATH OF ME. But I do like fluffy slowburn tho heheheheh