Magnetic Pull

Magnets

Past, September 2014

I was in a coffee shop after school trying to relax and clear things out from my mind. I'd always go there to read. I don't know, but I like the atmosphere. The aroma of coffee beans once you enter makes me feel relief. I also like how quiet it is. There were only about 4 or 5 people in the coffee shop right now, but I saw a girl enter. She's beautiful. I know that I've seen her in campus several times already but I don't know... Every time I see her, I get butterflies in my stomach. At that moment, I believed in love at first sight. I mean, look at her. She could make anyone fall in love with her at an instant. She sat at the table right beside me. I don't know but from time to time, I'd steal glances of her. Unfortunately, she accidentally spilled jer drink onto my book. I admit, I slightly got mad, but once she apologized, the anger faded away. The way she said sorry was so cute. So I accepted it right away.

"I'm really sorry" she said with a shy tone.

"No no it's okay don't worry."

"Are you sure? Your book is soaked with coffee."

"Yes. It's okay."

"Uh... May I ask what's your name?" I was shocked with her question because why would she want to know my name

"Why do you ask?" I questioned.

"So I could look for you when I get you a new book."

"My name is Lalisa Manoban but you could just call me Lisa. You don't have to get me a new book. It's okay. And what's yours?"

"I'm Jennie Kim. I'm sorry I just feel really guilty right now." 

"You sure do like apologizing, don't you?" I chuckled to make a lighter atmosphere. She chuckled too.

We fell silent for several minutes until she decided to break the ice.

"Hey... Umm... Wanna meet here everyday?"

"Sure."

And that's where I felt it. I felt the attraction, wanting to repel, but no matter what I do, we'd still be two opposite poles.

-End of flashback-


Present, August 2017

It's almost our friendship anniversary. I'm still thinking of what I would give her. While I was thinking, I was playing with magnets. Yes, I play with magnets often because it relieves my stress. And then, an idea hit me. Why not make two necklaces, each having a half or a heart, that has a magnet in it? I went to the shop to buy magnets and fortunately, I found a heart shaped magnet. I guess I'm really lucky. I took half of a day to make those necklaces, but its worth it. 

Since our friendship anniversary lies on a Saturday, I have planned everything. From where we're going to go, to the things we will do. It's as if I was trying to plan a date, unfortunately she's straight, but it's alright. As long as she's happy, it'll be okay with me.

After 2 weeks of waiting, Lisa is all set to go with her plan. She texted Jennie late at night to start it off.

12:00am Lisa: HAPPY FRIENDVERSARY JENNIE!!~ <3

12:02am Jennie: HAPPY FRIENDVERSARYY!~ THANK YOU LISA FOR EVERYTHING YOU'VE DONE FOR MEEE!~ <3

I love it when she sends me hearts. It makes my heart beat faster.

12:03am Lisa: Hey, look out your window.

12:03am Jennie: WAIT LISA WHY ARE YOU HERE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT???

12:04am Lisa: Don't worry. Just come here.

Jennie did what Lisa wanted. She came down and saw Lisa and her car.

"What's all of this for?" Jennie asked

"It's for our friendversary. Get in the car, I'll take you somewhere."

The car ride lasted roughly around an hour. Jennie was scared because first of all, why would Lisa take her somewhere in the middle of the night? But she still trusted her because she's her friend. As they arrived at their destination, Jennie was shocked. Shocked because of how beautiful the scenery was. They were at a hill and all they saw were the city lights. It was quite windy too. Then, Lisa layed a picnic mat and they sat there. They were just talking about life and looking at the starry sky. And just when Jennie least expected it, Lisa pulled the necklaces out of her pocket and handing one to Jennie.

"Here. Happy friendversary Jennie." I felt blood rushing onto my cheeks. Good thing it was night time and she couldn't see me because I bet that I was blushing really hard.

Jennie was still shocked at how much effort Lisa put in.

"Wait there's more." I said

I put our necklaces close enough so the magnets got attracted to each other.

"I made this myself. I hope you like it." I offered a small smile.

"Lisa. Of course I'd like this. It's really special because you made this yourself. I appreciate all of your efforts. Thank you." She also smiled.

We continued sharing stories and recalled some memories. It was really nice. 

"Lisa." She called out my name and I felt nervous. She said it in a serious tone. I mean, I always get nervous whenever she says my name. I always get butterflies whenever she's around.

"I-I have something to g-give you too..." I sensed that she was really nervous. I was surprised because I wouldn't think that she'll have a gift too since she didn't know this was going to happen.

"...Th-this is n-not much b-but I hope you'd l-like it."

Then, she sat closer to me. That's where I felt the attraction again. My heart beated really fast. Then, she cupped my face. "IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING?" Is the only thought running in my mind right now. I saw her coming closer and she closed her eyes. And that was it. I felt her soft lips pressed onto mine. The kiss lasted for a couple of seconds. I pulled away first because I needed some air.

"S-so did you l-like it? I actually like y-you Lisa. I liked you f-from the very beginning." 

"Yes Jennie, I loved it. I didn't expect all of this to happen. I've been longing for this kiss since the first day we met."

"So what does this make us?" 

"I-I want to date you."

"Then it's settled. We'll be dating with each other." She kissed my cheek.

And that's when it hit me. Now she's mine, and I'm hers.

"Jennie, I promise that I'll never hurt you."

I realized that we were really like magnets. From the start, we were already attracted to each other. I thought that it was only one-sided, but turns out, it wasn't. We just got close enough to suddenly close the distance.

 

___________________________________________________

A/N: Hey guys. I'm sorry if I took so long to update and I'm sorry if this chapter is really short. This is my first fanfic or oneshot. Please tell me what you feel about this story and give me some feedback. Also tell me if I should make more Jenlisa oneshots or fanfics. Thank you!~ 💓