Miss You

Miss You

Knock knock.

'Hyungwon? Open the door please?'

Knock knock.

'You've been in there for 2 days, come on out, I prepared food for you.'

Knock knock.

'You leave me with no choice then.' 

Kihyun took the bunch of keys from his pockets and unlocked to door, which revealed a tired and unkempt Hyungwon sitting on his bed and staring out of the window, hugging a pink floral urn. He sighed and walked up to him with a tray of food.

'Hyungwon. Please. Look at me.'

Hyungwon didn't even move an inch. 

'Dorim's not going to like it if she sees you in this state. Please eat something...' Kihyun placed the tray of food on his study table and held Hyungwon's shoulders. Kihyun frowned, Hyungwon hasn't moved from his state since 2 days ago, he had been sitting in the same position the entire time and it worried him so much.

The room went quiet again as Kihyun sat slowly beside Hyungwon on his bed. It was raining heavily at night, the rain was supposed to be therapeutic, it was supposed to make one feel calm, but the entire atmosphere was dark, it was glommy. 

'Hyungwon, I know it's been hard. Wonho has been crying but he knows that Dorim is in a better place. Shownu hasn't been going to work, and as much as Changkyun is there for him, both of them knows that life still goes on. And Minhyuk.... he hasn't been dealing well with his sister's death but he's still going strong. So Hyungw-'

 

'It's my fault.' Hyungwon finally said something as he looked down and touched the rims of the urn. 

'Hyungwon... it was never your fault....' Kihyun sighed and made Hyungwon faced him. 

 'The sky is crying. Dorim's crying.' Tears fell from Hyungwon's eyes as he hugged the urn tightly. 

'Why are you even blaming yourself? It was an accident to begin with.'

'If I accompanied her, she wouldn't even get into an accident on her way to the airport. If I.... i didn't argued with her, she wouldn't... ldn't.... leave angrily....' Hyungwon choked so hard on his tears and Kihyun embraced him into a hug.

'Nobody expected all of these to happen.......' Kihyun patted Hyungwon's back continuously and sighed once more.

They stayed for a few minutes in the same position before Hyungwon released the hug.

'Just give me some time alone Kihyun, please. I.... just need more time.' Hyungwon cleaned his tears before turning back to look out of the window again.

'I'll leave the food here. Eat something at least, and I, we hope to see you downstairs for breakfast tomorrow. Feel better Hyungwon, we are all here for you.' Kihyun got off the bed and patted Hyungwon's back once more before leaving the room.

'And if you ever need someone to talk to, knock on my door.' Kihyun whispered before closing the door gently.

-------------------------------------------------------

The rain poured heavily, with Hyungwon's heart that turns heavier. He believed and insisted that he was the cause of Dorim's car accident, because he got into a major fight with Dorim before she left for a business trip to London for 6 months. Hyungwon and Dorim has been in a relationship for 5 years, they had feelings for each other ever since high school but decided to get together only after graduation. They went to different colleges eventually but because they lived in the same neighbourhood, they often get to meet and see each other despite their busy schedules with school. 

Hyungwon lives with Kihyun and Wonho as they have been childhood good friends. Dorim and his older brother, Minhyuk lives a few blocks down the road and they only moved in ever since high school since the area was more accessible. Shownu, Changkyun and Jooheon lived in the next neighbourhood with their family members. Ever since high school, the boys and Dorim hung out together all the time since they lived around the same neighbourhood. As Dorim was the only girl, everyone favours her a lot. 

Dorim wasn't the girly type, neither was she the type that gets shy infront of people. She was the type that was happy-go-lucky, and she often tries to find positivity in any negativity and she always make sure that the people around her are happy. Not afraid to admit, the boys had little crushes on her during the times they spent together, but Dorim only saw them as good friends, or brothers. 

Hyungwon was the exceptional case, I guess. He wasn't the affectionate type and hence, he didn't openly showed his concern, unlike Wonho and Minhyuk who were always protective of Dorim and made sure that she doesn't get hurt. Since she was really nice to everyone, they were afraid that one day, her kindness would be taken advantage of. 

But Dorim knew. Dorim knew that Hyungwon cared and she enjoyed his quiet company. Hyungwon was the closest to her because if she ever ever felt sad, she tends to talk to him and she, the type that wants someone to listen to her rants instead of giving her advice because she always believed that she has to settle her own problems herself. Hence, Hyungwon was the most suitable person because he was a boy with little words. 

Minhyuk, her older sister was obviously protective of her but Wonho, had a huge crush on her. But he knew that Dorim and Hyungwon were fond of each other so he told Hyungwon to confess his feelings before it gets too late. Was he sad? Yes, but his biggest wish was Dorim to be happy, and he knew that Dorim would be happy with Hyungwon.

After Hyungwon confessed to Dorim, Dorim told him that she liked him too but she didn't want their feelings to get in their way of studies since it was their last year of high school. And Indeed, Hyungwon waited till they graduated before confessing again and they officially got together. 

-------------------------------------------------------

Hyungwon looked at the tray of food that Kihyun brought in and he picked it up, wanting to put the tray of untouched food outside of his room. Until, he saw a familiar bright and shiny figure that was sitting on his bedside.

'I.... i must be seeing things.' Hyungwon rubbed his eyes and the girl was still sitting there. 

'Do..... dorim?' Hyungwon placed the tray of food on the table and started to walk backwards. He couldn't believe his eyes because Dorim, his dead girlfriend was sitting on his bedside. 

'Who.... who.....?' Hyungwon stuttered as he held the doorknob tightly because he never, once believed in ghosts.

'I was always here Hyungwon, I've been here ever since you had the urn in your room. Why is it with you?' 

'I.... Minhyuk decided it to pass it to me before we throw the ashes off into the sea tomorrow. But... I don't... I don't want to do it.... Dorim is that really.... is that really you?' Hyungwon squinted his eyes to make sure he wasn't imagining things. 

'Dorim's here.'

It was the same smile that she had it on all the time whenever he was with her. Hyungwon broke down and kneeled on the floor, covering his face with both of his hands.

'Do....dorim i'm so.... i'm sorry....... it was m... it was my fault.... i shoul-'

'Sweetie, come over here.' 

'Hyungwon's legs turned jelly and he crawled over to his bedside before sitting on the floor. He was about to reach out for Dorim's hands but he realised he couldn't. He tried again and realised.... that it was all just an illusion.

'You can't touch me anymore. But you still can hear me. And I want you to hear this properly because you wouldn't be able to hear it anymore.'

Hyungwon retreated his hands and looked down. 

'It was never your fault, sweetheart. It was all just an accident.' 

'If we didn't argued.... at.... at least I will be able to send you off in my car and the... the accident wouldn't happened. It's still my fault.....' He fiddled with his fingers, still looking down.

'Look at me, just once.'

Hyungwon looked up and saw that familiar, angelic smile, that he missed, so much.

'I know you didn't want me to go on my business trip because if I went, I'll go for a whole 6 months. And I'm going to admit that yes, I wouldn't be able to live without your presence for the entire 6 months. I'll miss you so much. But I had to, the company was on the verge of bankruptcy and I had to do something to save the company because it was passed down from my parents. I have been so stressed up that I didn't explain my part fully, that I got annoyed with you when you asked me not to leave. It.... was my fault.... I should apologize.'

'I should.... should have known better. I was being childish.... and immature.....' 

'Even if we didn't argue, we never knew what was going to happen, so it wasn't your fault. Please stop blaming yourself Hyungwon. It hurts me to see you in this state.'

'I...i.... miss you so much Dorim, these 2 days have been so hard. So so hard. Seeing how the rest is so upset about it, especially Minhyuk.... and Wonho.....' Hyungwon cried even harder as he grabbed his bedsheets tightly. 

'I miss you so much too. But life still goes on......'

'Life is meaningless without you Dorim.....' Hyungwon's eyes were once again swollen.

'Don't ever ever say that. Please do me this favour, sweetheart?'

Hyungwon looked up and saw a bright, shiny figure smiling at him sweetly. 

'Be happy. I want you to be happy sweetheart, and you can only do that if you let me g-'

'Dorim do you even think that it's possible to do that?'

'You're saying this because you have not tried.... and you have to because i'm tying down your happiness.......'

'But what if I don't want to? Dorim you know how important you are to me, don't you?' 

'You're even more important to me, but your happiness is all that matters now since i'm not around anymore. You got to be strong, I can't tell that to my brother because he never listens but you need to. You're always that strong kid who is there to protect me and telling me that everything is fine..... can you do that this time too?'

'.......... then can i be that weak kid for once this time?'

'I know it's not easy, I've been watching you boys from above for the past few days and I've seen how unhapppy all of you were but Chae.... i'm not coming back anymore. Regardless of how much you boys have cried or are going to cry..... i'm already dead.......'

It was dead silent. Hyungwon didn't even know how to respond to Dorim anymore. He clearly knew how much the other boys have cried for the past few days. They didn't leave their rooms the entire day, until Kihyun and Changkyun decided to be the first two since they knew there had to be someone to make the others feel better. Shownu was the third, the blow on him was huge but he knew he had to move on too. Jooheon was taking it hard too, but he was feeling better as time passed. Whereas for Wonho and Minhyuk.... they were still sad but they at least got their appetites back. And it was just down to Hyungwon, who was the most upset among the rest.

'Hyungwon? Look at me.'

Hyungwon was still crying and he looked up again to meet Dorim's eyes. Her eyes were different this time. In the past, it was hazenut brown, sparkling with love, but this time it was filled with sadness. 

'I'm.... i'm sorry Dorim... i need more time.....'

'You can have as much time as you want but please..... I want back the old Chae. The Chae that makes everyone happy and living his life fearlessly. The Chae that eats a lot and sleeps a lot. The Chae..... that I'll always love. And always remember this Chae.'

'I love you so so so so much, till the end of time, I'll always do.' 

And that white sparkly figure faded slowly. 

'Dorim don't go.........'

But before he could even end his sentence, the room went back to being dead silent again. Hyungwon couldn't help it but cry even more. Dorim was right, he knew that Dorim meant the best for him and the boys and he had to be the next one to move on. He crawled back onto his bed and held the urn tightly, cuddling with it, and sobbing to sleep before he landed into dreamland.

-------------------------------------------------------

'Time for breakfast kids!' Kihyun shouted as he brought out plates of pancakes from the kitchen. For the past few mornings, he had been preparing breakfast for everyone, despite how only Wonho will come down since Hyungwon has been locking himself up in the room.

'Wonh- Hyung.... hyungwon?' Kihyun's mouth formed an O-shaped as Hyungwon walked out of his room sleepily, yawning and rubbing his eyes.

'What's for breakfast?' Hyungwon asked as he sat infront of the dining table.

'Pa.... pancakes. It's your favourite.' Kihyun smiled warmly as he placed a plate of pancakes infront of Hyungwon.

'Great. I miss it.' Hyungwon smiled back to Kihyun as he spreaded the pancakes with the butter and jam Kihyun brought out.

'Good morni- hey Hyungwon.' Wonho came out in his rabbit pyjamas and walked to sit beside Hyungwon.

'You.... okay?' Wonho looked at him with concern as he poured a glass of milk for Hyungwon.

Hyungwon didn't say anything as he gobbled the pancakes up. 

 -------------------------------------------------------

They had a quiet breakfast for about half an hour and Kihyun, feeling the awkwardness among everything, felt like he needed something to break the silence.

'So..... what are you boys doing today?' He asked as he kept the plates and cleaned the dining table. 

Hyungwon didn't answer as he walked into the room. Shortly after, he came out with the urn held tightly with both of his hands.

'I... i'm going over to Minhyuk's today. To pass this.' He said quietly while looking down at the urn.

'You.... sure with this?' Wonho asked worriedly.

'Yeah, I guess it's time to return it back to him.' He smiled and walked towards the door.

Kihyun and Wonho didn't know how to respond as they looked at Hyungwon. 

'Are you guys following?' Hyungwon turned back and asked with a smile.

 -------------------------------------------------------

'You sure about this?' Minhyuk asked Hyungwon approached his house with the urn. Kihyun and Wonho were behind him, watching Hyungwon. 

'Of course. It was your family's to begin with. I'm sorry for holding it for this long.......' Hyungwon said with a smile as he touched the rims of the urn.

'You know you can keep thi-' 

'I mean what I say.' Hyungwon held the urn infront of Minhyuk and urged him to take it from him.

Minhyuk sighed, he was unsure of what Hyungwon was doing, or worse, what he was feeling.

'Alright then, we're intending to visit the sea this weekend to scatter the ashes. You... wanna come along?' Minhyuk asked with uncertainty and carefully.

'Sure. Just call me again. We can all go together.' Hyungwon patted his Minhyuk's back and was about to leave.

 

'Oh and Minhyuk? Thank you.' Hyungwon said and waved before walking off.

 -------------------------------------------------------

'You.... you're dealing better than I thought Hyungwon.' Kihyun said as he ran up to Hyungwon and put his arms around his shoulders.

'Dorim came over yesterday.' Hyungwon fiddled with his fingers as he looked down.

Kihyun slowed down and arched his eyebrows as they both stopped in their footsteps.

'Hyungwon....' Wonho sighed and frowned.

'I really saw her. It's okay if you guys don't want to believe me because I can't believe it myself either. But she said many things that made me realised about all the things that I have been wondering and feeling. And i'm okay, alright? I'm sorry for worrying all of you for the past few days, it was foolish and immature on my side because I was being a brat and being stubborn as well. But I promise, I'll be okay.' He held both Wonho and Kihyun's hands and put them on his own shoulders.

They looked at each other before putting their arms around one another.

And Hyungwon smiled again. Because he swore that before he was about to land himself in dreamland, he heard one last thing from Dorim again.

'Regardless whether i'm alive or dead, i'll always be in your heart, and I'll always love you. Be happy Chae, not because I want you to be, but because you deserve to be.' 

Every time I close my eyes, I think of you
Now the stars in the sky are like you
I’m missing you like crazy
Like a child who lost his mother
You shined on me and was warm like the sun
But I can’t see you, where did you go?
Step over the painful memories
And shine the bright days again

Where you at right now
You left behind me who is waiting
Where you at right now
How could you leave me baby
My baby I miss you

My baby I miss you
(Baby I miss you)
My baby I miss you
(I miss you)
My baby I miss you
(Baby I miss you)
My baby I miss you
(I miss you)

Wehewwwww and that's it guys!!!! This is the end of my really short story of Hyungwon x OC. I love this song so so so so so much so I felt like writing a story off the song :-) urgh don't ask me why i'm always writing sad stories bc i myself don't understand why too, but i promise the next story that i write, it will be a happy one!!!! Thank you for reading my story and i hope it's not too boring, please leave comments on how I can improve for my next story :-) It won't be anytime soon though I thought of a plot but I don't really have the time since school is starting but rest assure!!! I'll write if I can ^^