Time is running

Timer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                  "If a clock could count down to the moment you meet your soul mate, would you want to know?"

 

                                                          1

                                                      Jungyeon POV

 

In the many hours I've been in bed, I must have woken up six times. Not for that long each time, but enough to break my sleep into unrefreshing chunks. With every disturbance thousands of futile tussles of conflicting thoughts flood my burdened mind. Shifting in my sheets, I lean over; picking up my phone.

 

The numbers wide and clear:

 

1:45 am

 

I moved to the edge of my bed, sitting up. I looked down at the timer.

 

I stared blankly, wondering when it was going to happen, yet alone if it was going to happen. Even though it was painfully obvious that the timer was not doing what was needed to get done. I still continued nevertheless, my expression dumbfounded and emotionless.

 

Changing my attention shortly, I Leaned over, my hand brushing the top surface of the nearby side table, my long nightdress bunched up all around my thighs began to rise thanks to my previous action. My skin flushing, immediately from the contact with surrounding air.

 

I grabbed the worn out black cloth on top of the side table, wrapping the cloth around my angular wrist.

 

I rubbed the timer consciously through the material. I could still see the faint glow through the fabric, Huffing in agitation, my thoughts become tiresome nonsense. I felt myself falling back into the bed. I tugged the black cloth further down the timer. My mind began to drag on slowly into the oblivion of sleep.

 

[;]

 

The air inside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter