Prologue: Shall wee, Mademoiselle?

Patisserie Cinderella!

"My success is derived from those who love me, who see faith in me and those who never left me... alone."

 


"You must be the new transfer student." the white-haired lady pushed her spectacles up her nose bridge and scrutinized her closely. Jiwon stood in front of the lady who introduced herself as the homeroom teacher nervously and replied a soft "yes".

She stood outside of the classroom for quite some time, still unable to find a timing to enter the classroom casually. After 10 years of schooling at a classical music institution, Jiwon was evidently nervous and anxious about having a classroom.

It was almost surreal to her because of all her life, she devoted her classroom time to only her piano teacher and herself in a music room, one to one. The notion of classmates did not stick with her well and she only befriended those she was made to be accompaniment for. She was sort of the transparent girl in the school.

Unlike her cousin or her sister who ran for campaigns and were semi-school idols, her dullness was strengthened by the lack of talent in music and that made her the ugly duckling in the school. If not for Mr. Lee who offered her a position in this pastry making school, she would have been stuck in that school that she never belonged to. 

She came here on all odds with her parents and relatives snorting disapprovingly. After all, everyone would expect a Baek family to take the music industry by storm like how her cousins and siblings did. 

"You must be skilled then-" the homeroom teacher glanced at her hands, confused by the sight of a pair of delicate pale hands. They looked too clean and too elegant for a baker. Ji-won's eyes blinked and shook her head furiously like a lost puppy.

"You will be paired up with ..." the homeroom teacher looked through her list of students before pausing, "Park Chanyeol from the B-group for the first pastry-making session. We will be doing something simply today. Crepe cakes."

Jiwon nodded and clenched her fists. She was glad it was a simple lesson for a newbie like her,  she needed some confidence. 

"You would be seated with Luhan for the normal lessons. In the case in which Chanyeol didn't turn up for class, you joined A-group that has Luhan, Sehun and Baekhyun. If you have any problems, you can find Jongdae who is from the C- group for help. He is the class representative."

"I look forward to you. We seldom have recommendations from Mr Lee and the last one was astonishing and was from the early 2000s." Jiwon gulped, uncertain if she should be happy about the attention she was receiving. "let's enter the room, shall we? Mademoiselle?"