two.

the seven sins.

Rays of the early sunlight peaked through the drapes of the large window, sending beams onto the sleeping girl. Minah stirred and arose from her slumber, ruffling her black hair and stretching out her arms. She looked around her surroundings, remembering of the stranger that had let her reside for the night after being chased by - well by whatever it was that was chasing after her. She almost laughed to herself at how ridiculous the situation was; how would she explain to her friends and family that she was being chased by some unknown person or thing, only to have another unknown person take her into his own home for the night. Absolutely ridiculous. 

 

Slowly but surely, mynah pushed the sheets away from her body and left the warm comfort of the bed, making her way to the bedroom door to find the clothes the boy had said he would leave for her to wear this morning. In the doorway, a white silk blouse lay folded on top of high waisted velour shorts. Everything in this place seemed so luxurious, even the clothes  that was given for her to borrow. Although, Minah wasn't entirely sure how she would return them back to the owner. That was something she decided she'd discuss with him at her departure. As she meant down to pick up the clothes, something black and lazy slipped between her fingers. Minah tilted her head and coughed in shock after identifying what the fabric was. At her feet, a lace lingerie sat. Minah didn't like it; why would he have female underwear to hand for her, and in her exact sizing? The one conclusion she could come up with was just a playboy and nothing more; it was probably the reason why he had taken her in, possibly hoping to get her thanks in a different fashion. 

 

She shivered at the thought that it was even a possibility, although the boy did not seem like somebody who would use girls to his advantage. Perhaps it wasn't common for people to get lost around here, and we kept supplies on hand to help those. Or maybe, there was a girlfriend or partner residing in the house with him, and it was kind of her to lend Minah the clean garments. She felt guilty for judging his character so negatively when all he was trying to do was help her out. Her mind was all over the place, and it made her feel hazy. Now, Minah couldn't be more impatient to leave and go back home. She picked up the underwear and took it along with the clothes into the bathroom.

 

After having freshened up, and folding the pyjamas in a neat pile. The silk shirt she had been given was tightly cuffed at the wrists, the large balloon sleeved flowing with ever movement she made, and the end were loosely tucked into the velvet shorts at her waist. As with the same as the pyjamas, Minah had never worn anything as luxurious or soft as this; back home she was used to skinny jeans and large t-shirts. It was definitely a nice step up. Forgetting her current situation briefly, she caught sight of herself in the mirror and grinned at how fancy she looked, twirling in circles. If only she could wear something as lovely as this everyday. 

 

'I suppose that I should at least thank the stranger and catch his name before I depart back home.' The thought rang out in her head and Minah stopped mid-spin, coming back into reality. Before she left the room, she made sure to tidy it as much as she could back to how it was in it's original state when she arrived. The least she could do was not leave a mess for her host to have to tidy up after her. Making her way over to the door, she glanced back at the beautiful room, before closing it behind herself.

 

'To the end of the corridor, make a left, and then down the flight of stairs...' Minah mentally retraced her steps so not to get lost on her way back to the foyer. Her bare feet padded along the cool marbled floor and the several steps until she found herself back where she had initially started. The was no sign of the stranger that had taken her in. but what had retuned was the cold and tense feeling that she had felt last night upon her arrival. This house, it was far too conflicting and unsettling for her.

 

"Hello?" Minah called out. Her voice echoed around the circular room but was met with no reply. "I was hoping to thank you for your generosity of letting me stay here for the night. It was awfully kind of you..." She called out again, and the same as the last, was met with silence. She took a few steps forward through to the hall opposite the entrance door, looking around at the beautifully crafted surroundings on her way, and through to a large room which she assumed to be the main living area of the penthouse. Again, she was met with her own solitude. Copper accents decorated the white walls, and pieces of art hung in frames. A grand piano sat in one of the far corners of the room, and couches and ottomans were strategically placed around a glass coffee table in the centre of the room; crystal bottles of liquor sitting atop of it. At the very far wall, a large window stretched almost the entirety of the space. She made her way over to it and stared at the city below her. Hongdae during the day looked far more different than it had done at night; no drunkards or rowdy students littered the streets anymore, in face it looked rather ordinary during the daylight.

 

"Youngjae, I didn't know we had a guest"

 

Minah froze. That wasn't the voice that she had heard last night. 

 

"If we're being honest, neither did I," Another new voice replied to the previous. "Mark must've brought her in last night..." the voice trailed off with a yawn. The latter sounded deep, yet drowsy and tiresome, much unlike the first. The first was low, but sarcastic and playful. It put Minah on edge. 

 

With every bit of courage she had, she managed to slowly force her body to turn around to face two boys who were staring intently at her. On one of the couches, a blonde boy laid sprawled out across it, clad in a white blouse with black pants, and a matching striped robe hanging from his tired looking form. The other donned a red suit, with a dark shirt underneath the jacket; a few of the top buttons undone. Despite the current situation, Minah couldn't even deny it to herself that the guys in front of her were incredibly handsome and attractive, and she would've felt enticed by them if it wasn't for the panic surging through her body of having two pairs of unknown eyes burning holes into her own. The new profound attention on her made her shuffle under the weight of the gazes.

 

"I- I-"Minah couldn't find the words to come out. Who were these boys? Where was the stranger that took her in last night? 

 

One of the boys tilted his head and smirked at her flustered state. His posture was confident as he stood leaning on the arm of the couch. Out of the two, this was who Minah felt to be the most unsettling. There was a glint of something in his eyes, something that was alien to Minah; something that she didn't not yet want to discover. The other boy stayed put on the sofa, lazily gazing up at the ceiling now, whilst the one with confidence was in front of her in just a mere matter of a few steps. All the while, Minah could not tear her eyes away from his, no matter how much she wanted to.

 

"So you're the pretty little thing dear old Mark mentioned briefly last night. Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Kunpimook Bhuwakul, but you can just call me Bambam." He winked. His voice was almost a low, husky whisper, Minah's breath hitching at the sound of it. "You know, it's been years since I've taken an innocent lover." The boy known as Bambam took another step towards Minah as his eyes fell down her body and back onto her face again. In the fright or flight situation, Minah did something that even surprised her own self. 

 

She stumbled back as the palm of her hand stung where it had made contact with Bambam's jaw. A gasp escaped from her lips but her stern expression remained on her face. Slowly, Bambam twisted his head, but there was no anger or annoyance in eyes; rather excitement and thrill; something that Minah had not seen in somebody's eyes before. 

 

"Oh I like you, darling." Bambam strode forward until Minah's back was pressed firmly against the wall, an arm on either side of her shoulders. There was a certain energy that Minah could feel radiating from the boy's body, as if it were trying to coerce her to his skin, and it terrified her. She didn't know what this feeling was, but it was foreign to her and she didn't like it. The boy didn't say anymore but smirk down at the frightened girl, his teeth biting his bottom lip.

 

"I think that's enough now. Stop playing with our guest." The washed-out pink haired boy who had taken me into this house in the first place put a hand onto Bambam's shoulder and raised an eyebrow. The younger rolled his head backwards with a sigh.

 

"Oh Mark, you're no fun at all." He playfully frowned at who I assumed was called Mark. Mark whispered something else in Bambam's ear, something that Minah could not pick up. He nodded in compliance before looking back at me. "I'll see you around, darling". With one last wink, he strolled away out out of the large ornate doorway, grabbing Youngjae on the way and leaving  Mark alone with the dismayed girl.

 

"I- Thank you for your hospitality but I must be going now." Her voice was barely a whisper as she bid farewell to her host, staring blankly ahead of herself as she made her way to the foyer. Just as she was about to pass through the archway leaving to it, the single sentence that left Mark's lips made her stop in her tracks yet again.

 

"I'm afraid that you can't."