Together

Suspicious Partner (Love In Trouble): Just Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 29: Together




 

Ji Wook: You don't have strawberry?!
Girl: I'm sorry sir, we're out of stock.. You can try chocolate, vanilla..these are our best-sellers!
Ji Wook: What ice cream parlor doesn't have strawberry?!
Girl: (tries to smile even if she's so pissed) Ahjussi..
Ji Wook: Ahjussi?! W-What?!
Girl: I'm really sorry but you might want to try going to a convenience store and find what you're looking for there. Look, we're closing.
Ji Wook: I know that and I could've done that earlier but you know...I really need to buy that here.
Girl: I told you a million times.. (Still trying to smile) We're out of stock.
Ji Wook: Aisht. Forget it. I'll write a bad review! (Turns around)
Girl: Yes, ahjussi! We'll be waiting! Take care!
 

----

"She's going to be so pissed..."

Ji Wook's nervous on his way home. Bong Hee asked him to buy her a strawberry ice cream in ***** Ice Cream Parlor in the middle of the night. She specifically asked him to go to that store.

Pregnancy hormones, of course.

"If you don't buy me strawberry, don't go home, okay?" He remembers.

"Aisht. should I go straight to Bang's apartment and spend the night there?!" He thought. He's seen Pregnant Bong Hee angry, and it's the scariest thing of all. But thinking about his wife that he left alone at home makes him worry. He has to run home to her to make sure she's safe.

----

When he opened the door, it's already midnight and it's very silent.

Ji Wook: Bong Hee?

No one's answering. He checks the kitchen and she's not there, too.

"Jagiya.."

He hears her call and he breathes, finally. He thought, he might get a lot of scolding but at least she's safe. He makes a mental reminder to not leave her wife alone by herself in the future, even if she asks him to go out and do something for her. Hell, he'll make her come with her no matter what.

But of course, he's anticipating Angry & Pregnant Bong Hee. He prays inside as he follows where the voice came from. It's from the living room.

He sees Bong Hee lying on her side with eyes closed.

Ji Wook: Jagiya.. You'll hurt your back.. (He sits beside her and taps her shoulder gently.) Let me take you to bed.
Bong Hee: (opens her eyes. She sees a worried Ji Wook in front of her and she smiles) Jagiya..
Ji Wook: (He smiles. She's not angry. He'll make it through the night.) Come. I'll carry you.
Bong Hee: I'm heavy..
Ji Wook: No, you're not.

He carries her into their room and lays her very gently on the bed. He kisses her forehead.

Ji Wook: There you go.
Bong Hee: Hmm.. I'm so sleepy..
Ji Wook: Jagiya.. I'm sorry.
Bong Hee: Why?
Ji Wook: They were out of stock.. I tried to argue but they can't give me anything.. I promise I'll go again tomorrow.. Please don't be mad..
Bong Hee: Yah.. (She holds his face) Don't be. I'm the one who's sorry. I made you buy ice cream.. I forgot it was already late.. You should have not listened to me.. I hate myself. I have these cravings and.. I always make you do this and that.. Ugh. Jagiya. I'm a monster. (She cries)
Ji Wook: Omo.. Why are you crying.. (he wipes her tears)
Bong Hee: (sits up) I don't know why.. (keeps on crying) I don't know what's happening to me.. I'm a mess..
Ji Wook: Hey.. (he holds her face with both of his hands) It's normal during pregnancy. It's okay. You are not a monster. You are way too pretty to be a monster. (Smiles and kisses the tip of her nose)
Bong Hee: You mean that?
Ji Wook: Aisht. Of course!
Bong Hee: (smiles and lays on the bed again) Come, let's sleep.. I'm really sleepy..
Ji Wook nods, smiling. He lays beside her and covers her with a blanket. She smiles and lays her head on his arm as she hugs him.
Ji Wook: Sweet dreams, my love. Do you want me to sing you guys to sleep? Again?
Bong Hee: (smiles) Hmm..that would be perfect.

----
 

Ji Wook: What time is it?
Sun Woo: It's already 5 in the afternoon, Prosecutor Noh.
Ji Wook: Really?!

He reaches for his phone from his coat and calls Bong Hee asap. She answe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter