Chapter 1

Good Luck

A deep silence was the only thing that could be heard on that huge room.  In every corner, people could be seen with their faces buried on the school books, not even daring to make a quick break.

The final tests were coming; those grade would decide whether they would enter college or have a deprived future and the last one was not really exactly a valid option.

Hyosung was so engrossed on her studies that even the slightest noise breaking the profound quietness would startle her.

“Mind if I seat with you?” Hyosung felt slightly annoyed. With so many tables on the library why did she have to share hers and disturb her peace?
 

She looked up and saw that the disturber was in fact, Kikwang, a nice cute guy with whom she had rarely spoken.

 

“Go ahead.” She pointed to the seat in front of her. Kikwang quietly sat in front of her.

“May I ask what are you studying?” He tilted his head trying to have a better view from the words written on her book.

“History.” She raised an eyebrow, looking at him.

“Oh, do you need any help? I’m very good at history.” He wasn’t trying to be cocky, but he was indeed the best student in class.

“No, but I appreciate your offer.” He nodded. After a while feeling a little uncomfortable by his shameless gaze, Hyosung finally got absorbed on her book again.

“I have to go now.” Kikwang announced.

Hyosung blinked a couple of times. “Didn’t you just arrive?”

She looked at her watch and frowned; an hour and a half had already passed without her even noticing it. “Oh. I’m sorry if I’m not really entertaining.” Hyosung apologized with a long sigh.

She had never been a friendly or talkative person anyway, and she was pretty sure that Kikwang knew it.

“No need to apologize, you were busy studying. I would feel guilty if you failed your exams because I was disturbing you. I was just happy watching you...” Hyosung noticed Kikwang’s cheeks getting a little rosy.

Hyosung blushed as well. She cleared  and stuttered a little. “You were really just happy for...watching me?”

“Yes...but...”  He stood up nervously rubbing the back of his neck. “I would be happier if you allowed me to give you a good luck kiss...for your exam, I mean!”

Her eyes widened at first; both were as red as lobsters. She shrugged and also stood up, turning her cheek to him.  “S-sure, I’ll need all the luck I can get...”

Kikwang made his way towards her and copped her face. She felt her heart beat acelerating just by his touch. His lips first ghosted on her cheek, then taking her by surprise as they slid to her own lips in a soft chasted kiss.

Hyosung slowly wrapped her arms around his waist, smiling against his lips as his thumbs her cheeks. “Good luck.” He whispered into her ear.

 

1 Month Later

 

“Wow!” She looked at the list with her exam’s grade with eyes wide open.

Her grade had been the second best of her class.

“I bet it was all thanks to his kiss...” She mumbled to herself with a soft chuckle.

“And you can ask me a kiss whenever you want.” She shivered feeling a hot breath against her ear.