Chapter won

German Clarinets

She’s told me off at least over five-times so I why do I still want to be her friend?

I never really noticed her at first, she’s like one of those people that you see and go ‘oh they’re there’ and you don’t really think much of it, don’t really pay much attention to them. They’re not anything special.

Chapt. 1

It was my first day of college and I was pretty damn nervous, luckily for me I had Umji with me. ‘Nervous?’ ‘Nah’ I grinned, ruffling her hair. Umji and I have known each other for a while. Not childhood friends that go way back from when we were 5 but we’ve been friends since our second year in secondary school. I wouldn’t openly call her my best friend, I mean sure we’re really close, closer than all our other friends but we’ve never really discussed it so I’m not sure. But god knows I’d have her back till the very end of the world.

I glanced over to the short girl and my eyes trailed up her comically large school bag, you could see the bulges of brand new equipment trying to needle their way out, I laughed making Umji look at me wrong. ‘Why are you laughing?’ I shook my head as we proceeded to carry on our journey towards the college.

 

Umji and I were gasping like fish out of water when we reached the college, ‘Next time we take the train I don’t care if you don’t want to waste money for the train fare.’ Too tired to disagree I just nodded my head still trying to get my breath back. A tall redhead with long flowing hair passed us without giving us so much as a glance as she had gone out of her way to go around us towards a short girl with short brown hair but equally as pretty. We were too far away to hear their indistinct chatter but it seemed like they definitely knew what they were doing. I turned to Umji ‘Is it too late to go back home?’ ’Definitely’ out hands knocked each other as both of us tried to reach for the sleeve of the other to cling on to, we grinned and let out a long breath to each other and realised how the other was just as scared.

It was time for our first years introduction and Umji and I were at a loss, this wasn’t like secondary school where things were a lot more manageable, this was hell. There were people coming from all directions that we decided to just get swept up in the flow and let it take us wherever it may, a girl suddenly stopped in front of us wearing a black beanie and the crowd suddenly didn’t feel so overwhelming, she was very tall and had to look down on us in a friendly way, her eyes were all large like they didn’t mean to alarm us and she said very loudly over the hubbub ‘Do You Know Where You’re Going?’ Umji and I just stared at her in pure amazement that someone older than us and looked so cool would talk to us, I quickly snapped out of it and just nodded my head absentmindedly. ‘Cool!’ She flashed us a bright smile and disappeared into the sea of people.

 

The professor slammed down his textbooks as he glanced at us all, ‘This is not a college for the weak, we strive for the best and anything less than that is not something that exists here. If you don’t think you can handle that…well, I suggest leave you quickly. Nothing will be said if you do so now.’ The tall man in the tight suit started to stride over to the door in a couple of smooth swift steps and pulled it open with a surprisingly large amount of unforeseen vigor. He stood there for a couple of seconds and turned to look at us with a quizzical look on his face ‘No one?’ I did my best to look around without attracting too much attention to myself, I side eyes Umji and realised that she was really liking this guy. Of course she did, she’s so studious she’d be upset if we had a relaxed professor. ‘Good.’ He had a smug look on his face ‘Now, let’s get down to business….’

‘Arhhh’ I let out a guttural moan as I stretched out my back like a cat and smiled in contentment ‘, intense much?’ I laughed as I turned to Umji who clicked her tongue at me as we walked out the doors. ‘I for one, like him very much’

 

**

All I wanted was bangs and now I look like a coconut. Damnit mom.