Judgement

Find Me In The Stars (CHAPTERS DISCONTINUED. PLEASE READ ANNOUNCEMENT EITHER IN FOREWORD OR CHAPTER)

Hakyeon drummed his fingers on the edge of the frame as he beheld the work in front of him. The picture was highlighted by the slithers of sunlight streaming in through the gaps in the thick crimson curtains, which he was careful to avoid upon his entry. Something in his chest tightened painfully and he felt his toes curl in his shoes. He suddenly felt very hot and ran a hand through his hair, attempting to wipe away the beads of sweat forming on his forehead. He knew he wasn't supposed to be in here. Jaehwan was always very protective of his work. But it was the middle of the day and the others were all asleep and he was restless so he had decided a small drink and a wander round the mansion was in order. He had never expected to stumble on this when he found the door to the studio left ajar. 

His eyes glowed a fierce and terrifying red.

He had never felt more disgusted and outraged in his life. He had expected better- he had raised Jaehwan better than this, hadn't he? He'd cared for him, nurtured him,loved him... For him to imagine such vulgarity... between his kin, no less, it was worthy of grave punishment. Hakyeon growled and raised his hand, ready to swipe down and slash the drawing with his long, blackened nails. 

'Hakyeon...' A soft, melodic whisper reached Hakyeon's ears as he weaved his way through the trees. His frostbitten fingertips brushed the iced leaves of the bushes as he walked, breath visible in the air in front of him. 'Aaron?' He called, his voice cracked from the cold. His feet crunched in the snow as he came to a halt, looking around him in confusion, squinting from the brightness of the early Winter sun. 'Where are you?'

Suddenly, he was tackled to the ground and a loud scream tore itself from his throat. He squirmed onto his back and thrashed around, freezing when he saw his young lover's face. 'Aaron!' He scowled, smacking him hard on the arm 'You scared me!'

'That was sort of the idea,' the younger boy chuckled as he shook the snow out of his wild mop of chestnut hair, brushing it off his navy blue scarf. Hakyeon huffed and also brushed himself off as he sat up. 'I hate you,' he pouted.

Aaron rolled his eyes and took his shoulders, pushing him on his back once more. Hakyeon gazed up at him and reached forwards, cupping his flushed cheek and pulling his face closer. He pecked his parted lips shyly, taken aback by how cold they were; he was unsure whether he liked the tingling sensation it left on his own. They were both still new to this. 'You love me,' Aaron mumbled, resting his forehead on the thick, black fabric of Hakyeon's coat.

The elder smiled and carded a hand through his hair, staring up at the light filtering through the trees 'I love you- forever.'

"Aaron..." His eyes widened and he lowered his hand, blinking back the tears that had begun to form in his eyes. He'd failed, he hadn't been able to keep his promise to his lover.

The picture needed to be destroyed. In every single way possible. And he would see to it that it was. 

 

*********************

 

If Ravi had said it once, he had said twice, he had said it one thousand times.

"What are you doing now?"

He was asking as his lover made his way into the younger man's bedroom, not inside the threshold before Taekwoon was stretching out of his shirt, laying it along the velvet ottoman at the end of the bed. Ravi couldn't help it as his mouth watered, his eyes trailing the pale line along the elder's spine hungrily as he closed the door behind him with a soft click. His room was just a short distance from Hakyeon's, so it was paramount they didn't draw any attention to themselves.

Taekwoon paused then. There was a moment of indecision and Ravi started towards him. He held his wrists and pulled the his lover towards him, tilting the elder's head to the side gently to expose the slender, white column of his neck. Taekwoon sighed, eyes slipping closed "Are you alright?" He asked, his voice hushed and gentle "You've been acting a little strange this past week."

Ravi gathered Taekwoon in his arms and cradled the other man closely, shaking his head "I'm fine."

He slipped his arm under Taekwoon's knees and lifted him up. carrying him over to the bed. He pressed a gentle kiss to his lover's forehead and rocked him gently from side to side. He felt so content holding Taekwoon like this; to anybody else he would've looked like a small child clutching their favourite toy they thought they had lost. He looked happy and completely at ease, if not a little awkward given their similar heights. Laying him down on top of the rich, paisley quilt, Ravi walked round to the other side of the bed, dimming the lamp on the bedside table. The elder's body sunk into the mattress and he twisted onto his side as his lover settled next to him. "You seem agitated," he muttered. 

"Taekwoon," Ravi groaned, covering his eyes with his forearm "I said I'm fine. This whole thing with the war has just set me on edge, that's all." He didn't like not being allowed to go to the continent; being tied down to the mansion didn't suit him at all. He got bored of being in one place for too long. Not only that, but it screwed everything up for him- all his plans had been put on hold. Taekwoon let out a pitying tsk and shuffled closer "It won't last long- Hakyeon said so."

Ravi couldn't help but scoff "Yes, Hakyeon also said the Titanic would never sink, if I recall."

"Nobody saw that coming."

"True. But I still do not trust his judgement on these things."

Taekwoon snorted and kissed the tip of his nose gently, hugging him closer to and closing his eyes "Fair enough. But just don't worry too much, okay? We'll be fine."

"Is that a promise?" Ravi smirked.

His lover chuckled and shook his head, letting out a small, poorly muffled yawn "I'm not so foolish."

"Why not?" He was teasing him. Taekwoon knew that well enough. Ravi only ever made fun of him when he was in doubt or had something to hide. But he decided not to push him; he was too tired and he didn't want to spoil their time alone together. "Because I know us." He could have just lain there forever, staring all the tiny imperfections on the younger vampire's face. The mole on his left earlobe, the small dimple in his chin that only appeared noticable when he smiled, how his pupils always seemed dilated in excitement or pleasure no matter what they were talking about... He wanted to remember them all. He wanted to compare them to Jaehwan's and satisfy himself with the fact Ravi was so much more handsome, more poised; less self-assured and more mindful of those around him. 

A sudden knock on the door startled them both and Ravi rose so he was resting on his elbows "Who's is it?" He called, voice heavy with sudden fatigue and lips lax, causing him to sound as though he were slurring. "It's Hongbin. I must speak with you urgently!"

Taekwoon gulped and also sat up, eyes wide as he sent Ravi a panicked glance. "You need to leave," Ravi told him lowly, grabbing his arm and leading him to the door. Taekwoon almost tripped over himself when his arm recieved a sudden jerk, grabbing his shirt and holding it close to his chest "Just act normal, alright?"

"Alright." The elder shrugged out of his grip and got himself dressed once more, leaving his top button undone. Ravi waited patiently before flashing a toothy grin and opening the door, revealing Hongbin, who's eyes widened a fraction as Taekwoon took his leave. "Hello," he mumbled, nodding as the older man took his hand, kissing his knuckles politely before striding down the corridor and disappearing round the corner. Ravi his lips at the way his lover's hips naturally swayed as he walked. "Taekwoon and I were just discussing a book he found in thelibrary- niether of us could sleep."

Hongbin smiled widely "Ah, are you planning on reading it?"

"I might."

"I will have to ask him about it; Taekwoonie always gives the best recommendations when it comes to literature." Ravi bit his lip to suppress a sigh, feeling sorry for the lover he had just landed in a tight spot. "Can I help you?" He asked, arching an eyebrow "You said it was urgent." The younger man ran a hand through his raven hair "Oh, yes! I need to speak to you about something I came across the other night..."

That peaked Ravi's interest and he shifted his weight from foot to foot "Oh, yes?"

"Yes," Hongbin muttered, his cheeks dusting a light pink as he lowered his gaze to the floor. For the first time, Ravi realised the younger was still in his nightshirt, the hem just brushing his ankles. "Although, I think it might be better we do this in private-"

A loud bang and scream cut him off and he spun round, eyes wide.

"What was that?"

 

Here it is, the first chapter!

Thank you for reading/ subscribing/ and voting!! It means the world and I hope you enjoy this installment as much as the last. What do you think so far??