A Beautiful Soul

A Page Of Words
a beautiful soul
if only our eyes saw souls instead of bodies,how different our ideals of beauty would be
—— anonymous

Wu Yifan has always been different.

He's taller than most people his age. His eyebrows thick and bushy succeeding in making him look angry and annoyed all the time. His arms and legs too long for him. He has always been an introvert, someone who prefers solitude over social circles. Yifan has always thought of himself as someone other people viewed as mysterious but Chanyeol has told him that he doesn't look mysterious, just constipated and odd.

Those are one of the reasons why he's different but those things can be overlooked because many people are like him, just uncommon.

The primary reason why he's thought of himself as different is because instead of seeing just the physical appearance of people he encounters, he sees those people's souls too.

For example; Chanyeol's soul is odd looking and equally oddly colored. It takes the shape of something human but not quite, colored purple and pink and blue all meshed up into one spiral thing called soul, it fits him perfectly well, odd and weird. Kyungsoo's soul on the other hand is all sharp edges and bold colors, matching his strict and dull personality. Baekhyun's is pink and yellow and green, all bold and bright, just like him.

Yifan has seen many different kinds of souls before but he's never seen a soul that has grabbed his attention. All the souls he has seen are just colors, spiraling around their humans in different shapes and globs.

 

Zitao has lost his parker pen again and it's now Yifan's turn to buy him things he requests. Being the youngest in the family really does sound promising.

The tall man grumbles as he thought of how he's gonna have to skip buying his favourite moisturizer to satisfy his younger brother's pen addiction once again. He enters the shop called 'The Pens' (really original) filled with, well, pens.

He makes his way straight to the counter where a glass counter stands, filled with overpriced pens in gold and silver handles.

"Good Morning sir, looking for any particular pen?" a soft voice asks him as he shakes his head, eyes not leaving to pens in front of him.

Maybe he can find a pen with a permanent glue on it so that Zitao doesn't lose this once more.

"Can you engrave a name on it?" he asks as he points on to a pen with a black body and a gold push button, it's silver tip sharp and pointy.

"Sure, just write what you want to engrave here sir." The soft voiced salesman placed a clean scrap of paper in front of him and a cheap Pilot ballpoint.

Funny how this is an expensive af pen store but they give their costumer's cheap assed ballpoints. Kris mused as he wrote 'Zitao' on the paper, having to trace some lines twice because the ballpoint's ink came out unclear.

He slid the paper on the glass surface as he reached behind his pocket to pull out his wallet, automatically reaching for his credit card.

"I'm sorry sir but we don't take credit cards in here." the soft voiced salesman apologized and Yifan immediately raised his head because what kind of store doesn't accept credit cards. Except that his words stop in his mouth as he stares at the guy in front of him and to his equally beautiful soul.

His skin is pale and soft looking, right cheek dimpled as he bites his plump lower lip, his eyes hooded and glazed looking, hair curly and colored chestnut brown.

His soul stops Yifan the second time around though becasue he's never seen a soul so white and glowing and so ethereal looking as if it's human is an angel.

And maybe he really is.

And maybe Yifan might just buy Zitao hundreds of expensive pens just to meet this guy again.

Yifan's eyes slid down to the guy's name tag. Zhang Yixing.

the writer's words

I don't know what I wanted to achieve while writing this but I was bored okay so... Hope you enjoyed!

< a tori creation >