First Day at the Jungle

Law Of The Jungle: The Beginning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

By the time that the crew and the cast arrived in a secluded forest somewhere in Thailand, it was already late. The sun was already setting and the crew was starting to get ready for filming. The cast was huddled around in the middle of the forest where you can hear the running water from a small stream nearby. Each cast had a camera filming them already.

 

“I guess, we should start gathering some firewood and food for tonight.” Sungwoo suggested.

“I’ll go and collect the firewoods.” Sean offered.

“Then Eunhyuk and I will find us something to eat.” Jongkook volunteered.

“Then I’ll go with Sean hyung to help and if we find something to eat on our way, we’ll help out too.” Soohyuk said and Sean patted the younger’s back in recognition.

“What about us?” Jisoo asked, gesturing to her and Jungkook who was standing beside her.

“Jisoo-ya, you don’t have to do anything. Just rest here.” Jongkook said, earning him some sly smiles from the rest of the cast. “What? I heard that she didn’t have a proper sleep from the flight.”

“Really? Then she really have to stay here and rest instead.” Eunhyuk concluded.

“Yah! I just said that, you know.” Jongkook confronted Eunhyuk playfully making everyone laugh.

“Aniya. I’m fine. I can help looking for food too.” Jisoo insisted.

 

Jungkook was silent the whole time and kept on stealing glances towards Jisoo. He was worried that the girl was just pushing herself in order to help even though she haven’t gotten any sleep since the flight.

 

“Then noona can just stay here and help Sungwoohyung in preparing our camp.” Jungkook intervened.

“Yeah, Jungkook’s right. Jisoo will stay here and help.” Sean finally said and Jisoo couldn’t insist anymore since it was from her sunbae.

“What about me?” Jungkook asked. “What should I be doing?”

“You stay here too. I may need some man’s strength around here.”Sungwoo said and that made Jungkook smile secretly.

“Yes, hyung.” Jungkook cheered but not so obviously.

 

When the rest of the cast and crew had gone, Jisoo tried to check out the surroundings. She walked around the camp site aimlessly while Jungkook was helping Sungwoobuilding small tent out from any warm materials they could find.

 

“Jisoo-ya, don’t wander off too much, especially if you’re alone.” Sungwoo reminded.

 

“Yes, oppa.” Jisoo answered back and immediately went back towards them. “Oppa, can I go and have a quick bathroom break?” Jisoo asked, her face looking embarrassed.

“Yeah sure.” Sungwoo answered. “Jungkook-ah, go with her.” And Jungkook immediately stood up.

“No. It’s ok, oppa. I can go alone. It’s not that far.” Jisoo exclaimed.

“It’s fine, noona. It’s better to go with someone for your safety.” Jungkook interrupted. “Don’t worry, noona. I’ll guard you well.” And Jungkook showed her his thumbs up.

Jisoo and Jungkook wandered around the forest until they found a safe place for Jisoo to pee. Jisoo disappeared behind the tall bushes while the camera followed her but a hand suddenly blocked the lens.

“Yah, hyung! What do you think you’re doing?” Jungkook pulled the camera to his face but the cameraman by ignoring him and filming the place where Jisoo had gone to. “Yah hyung. Seriously, don’t. Why don’t you film me instead? Is my face not that attractive?” Jungkook joked.

“Are you and Jisoo close now?” The camera asked out of boredom.

“Well, kind of?” Jungkook contemplated whether to tell more. “Actually, Jisoonoona---“

“Ahh!” Jisoo’s pained scream was heard and the camera caught Jungkook running towards the direction of the scream and the camera just following him from behind.

“Noona!” Jungkook called out.

 

Jungkook was frantic and even the camera was shaking. Jungkook was about to head for the bushes when suddenly, Jisoo jumped out from behind the bush in a panic. Jisoo was frantically wiping something out from her feet and legs that she didn’t even looked up towards the approaching Jungkook.

 

“What? What is it?” Jungkook caught Jisoo’s upper arms to steady her.

“Jungkook-ah!”Jisoo’s face was obviously painted with pain and Jungkook quickly scanned her from her face to her feet. “My legs stings. Something bit them.” She reported and went to scratch them.

“Here. Sit here.” Jungkook pulled Jisoo towards a rock and made her sit there. “Let’s have a look at it.” Jungkook went to his knees and took her right leg and examined it. “It looks red.” Jungkook looked back at the cameraman. “What do you think bit her, hyung?” Jungkook looked worried.

 

The camera zoomed in on Jisoo’s redden legs and noticed a kind of insect that was still crawling. The camera then focused on Jisoo’s face and then back to Jungkook.

 

“Don’t worry, it was just an ant. Their bits stings at first but it will eventually go away.”

“Really? Thank goodness.” Jungkook heaved a sigh of relief.

“Oh, you’re right! The pain is slowly fading.” Jisoo stared at her legs. “Sorry to worry you guys.” Jisoo smiled at the camera widely.

“But noona’s legs are still red.” Jungkook noticed and Jisoo and the camera stared back at Jisoo’s leg. “I think we should head back and put some ointment on them.” Jungkook finally stood up, pulling Jisoo with him.

 

Jungkook lead the way and Jisoo was following behind. When the two arrived, Sean and Soohyuk was already there, making a camp fire. Some fruits were also seen on the covered ground and a descent small tent was already standing near the camp fire.

 

“You’re here!” Sungwoo greeted.

“Hyung, Jisoo-noona got bitten by ants earlier.” Jungkook reported and everyone stopped from what they were doing and immediately went towards the maknaes.

“What’s wrong? Are you okay?” Sean asked worriedly.

“Did you already apply some ointment?” Soohyuk followed and went to his knees to inspect her legs.

“It’s fine. I’m okay. It doesn’t sting anymore.” Jisoo assured.

 

Jungkook left the group to get his ointment from his bag. When he got a hold of it, he quickly went back and offered the ointment to Jisoo.

 

“Here you go, noona.” Jungkook gave the ointment.

“Thanks.” Jisoo took it and the rest of the cast finally dispersed, knowing that Jisoo will be okay,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter