forward

Forward


"Hey kids, faster," Irene ordered as her other four members checked their bags. After a few minutes, their manager pick them up and they rode their van.

"I'm kinda nervous," Wendy muttered, checking the real-time update on her private twitter account.

"Me too, eonni," Joy added. "It's going to be our first time in Singapore. Too bad only few groups will participate."

"You just want to say you miss your husband because he's not going to be there," Yeri teased, making the other three laugh.

"Ya!" Joy's face reddened, unable to make any comeback from their maknae's attack.

"Sooyoung-ah, your face is as red as your hair," Seulgi commented. "Now you look like a giant tomato."

"Don't start, you two," Joy warned while pointing at both Yeri and Seulgi. "I know that you're the most excited because your boys will be there. Omo, did you just try to get prettier with those clothes and make up?"

Wendy and Irene laughed at Joy's straightforward attack, rendering Yeri and Seulgi speechless with their flushed faces. Both of them wanted to say something but they knew that it would just add fuel to the fire so they opted to stay silent.

On their way to the airport, Yeri's phone got a notification from Kakaotalk and upon seeing that, Wendy smiled at her because she knew who she was chatting.

It's Jungkook, she thought and seeing how Yeri's face brightened, she knew she was right.

 

Jongjook: We are on our way. How about you? ㅋㅋ

Yerim: We'll board the plane now ㅋㅋㅋ I saw your tweet~

Jongkook: See you, Yerimmie! It's been a while.

Yerim: ㅇㅅㅇ~

 

They were both busy due to their hectic schedule so they didn't have the chance to meet and they could only communicate through chat. Now that they would have an opportunity to be together in one stage after a long time, Jungkook was excited and he couldn't even hide it from his hyungs.

"Ya, why are you smiling like that?" Namjoon asked when he noticed Jungkook smiling at his phone.

"Must be grapes-shi," Jimin teased causing Jungkook to look at him.

"Hyung, you want pineapple?" he retorted, causing laughter among the other members.

After the endless bickering and few hours of waiting, they finally arrived at Singapore and they immediately checked in to their hotels. They just dropped their bags because they had to rehearse for the music show. Jungkook opened his phone but there was no message from Yerim so he thought they didn't arrive yet.

Meanwhile, Yeri actually fell asleep since she was busy with their concert preparation and her studies. She wanted to rest first after checking in to their hotel but they needed to be in the stage early.

When they were on their way, she opened her Kakaotalk and chatted Jungkook.

 

Yerim: Oppa, we're here~ see you in a while~

Jungkook: Really? ^^

Yerim: No no hae ㅋㅋㅋ

Jungkook: yerimmie

 

Yeri laughed at Jungkook's response. She thought he was cute. Actually, Jungkook started using that phrase because of her. She said she wanted to make that expression famous so he tried using it in one of their guestings. Apparently, Yeri saw it and she would from time to time.

When they arrived at the location, they started rehearsing and changing to their stage outfits. They once ran to each other backstage but there were too many idols that might notice them so Yeri just stick her tongue out. In response, Jungkook crinkled his nose and both of them quickly smiled by their silly way of greeting each other.

Finally, the time has come to start the music show and their groups were called respectively. Irene stood closest to them and she got nervous seeing Taehyung inching closer. They both knew that the fans were shipping them and they wanted to be careful around each other so Jimin stood next to her.

On the other hand, after that cute and short interaction backstage, Yeri wanted to see him again so he glanced at his side and found him looking at her direction, too.

Omo, why is he acting like that? she thought as he peeked while smiling.

Why are you smiling like that? he thought, remembering how cute she was a while ago.

When Bogum started singin Red Flavor, he glanced at her direction again and looked at her on the big screen. Seeing her all smiles made his heart flutter because she looked cute and pure.

After the opening stage and they were about to leave the stage, Joy noticed it and started teasing Yeri.

"Omo, omo, omo, eonni, did you see that?" she asked Wendy while looking at Yeri.

"Why? What happened?"

"The two of them keep on looking at each other like this," she said, imitating the both of them with her sappy exaggeration.

"Ya, eonnie, I didn't do that!" Yeri said in defense but they were already teasing her non-stop.

The same happened with Jungkook since Jimin and Taehyung saw his stolen glances towards Yeri.

"But you need to be careful," Jin said while they were heading backstage. "Armys and her might get hurt. Okay?"

"Just be wary and don't be too obvious," Yoongi warned because he was worried about him especially since he's too naive when it comes to things like this.

"I'm not that obvious," he retorted and they all looked at him as if he just said something outrageous.

"Kid, your eyes were just wandering at that direction. This naive child," Suga said and Jungkook felt embarrassed.

All of the groups started performing, as well as the special stages and when it was Seulgi's and Hwasa's collaboration stage's turn, they all started teasing Jimin, saying that he should be really watchful since Seulgi's getting hotter and more famous with guys.

When ending stage came, Yeri and Jungkook continued their glancing game but he wasn't satisfied with that. This would be the only stage where they would be together and the next one might take a long time. Yeri had the same thought but she was afraid that the fans might notice them.

Ah. Whatever, Jungkook whispered to himself as the confetti flew, marking the end of the performances.

Yeri started walking towards the fans and near Jungkook, hoping to see even just his profile. He noticed her and he approached her direction, walking just behind her. However, before he passed by, he whispered 'Yerimmie' causing her to suppress her smile.

Omo, what is he doing? she thought, baffled by his straightforwardness.

She returned to her original spot but she saw him standing just behind Bogum and she glanced at him, hoping that he would get the message: what's with you today, oppa?

Jungkook, on the other hand, got too much adrenaline and he found flustered Yeri adorable so he continued following her. She went to the empty left side and before she could occupy that place, he ran there. Yeri saw him and her heart suddenly did a backflip. She smiled at the audience but her mind was getting flooded with worries and what-ifs. In the end, she continued walking since it might be unnatural if she suddenly turned around.

Jungkook was jumping all over the place, hoping that she would notice her, until they got too close. Usually, he would bow and ran away when he bumped into female idol but Yeri was an exception. He wanted to and it might be due to the fact that it has been a long time since they saw each other.

His heart was thumping loudly when they were the only ones at that side of the stage and he wanted to somehow spent some time with her but his hyungs came to their place and they looked at him as if he has done something wrong.

This kid, he's too obvious, Namjoon thought, looking at how excited he was.

Learn from me, Jimin wanted to say, yet he had a second thought if he wad just as obvious as their youngest.

Meanwhile, Yeri was a bit scared since all of them came to this side so she retreated back. Jungkook saw her walking away so he followed her, not realizing how obvious he was until Taehyung smiled teasingly at him.

He was weighing his choices but in the end, he didn't care anymore. He just wanted to be with her side even if it meant leaving his hyungs on the other side. However, when he realized she was going to return to her eonnis, he stayed in front and finally joined his hyungs.

Omo. Something's really wrong with him, she thought, still flustered because of how he followed her around. Why is he making me nervous? My heart won't calm down. Ah, really, that oppa.

When it was about time to leave the stage, they checked each other and they wanted to say alot. They wanted to talk but it was impossible. So when they got out of the stage where there were only their members, they looked at each other, long enough for their members to notice how they wanted to have some time.

There was a rising tension between them, enough to make them breathless so Jungkook did something that surprise all of them.

"Bogoshipda~" he sang and there was a few seconds of silence but after that, all of them tried to suppress their laughter. Their hyungs and eonnis found them adorable and they started singing the chorus, as if conveying how the maknae felt that moment.

 

"Snowflakes are falling,

They fall a little farther away,

I want to see you.

I want to see you.

How much do I have to wait?

How many nights do I have to stay awake?

To see you, to see you

To meet you, to meet you."

 

Joy started pushing Yeri towards Jungkook and the members covered them from the others. And when they were just walking side by side, he sang the line that made her heart pound like crazy.

"Will you stay there a little longer? Will you stay?" he sweetly sang while looking at her, with his smile that melted her worried away.

"You better know, I will always be by your side~" she sang in response and their members squealed as if there would be no tomorrow.

And in that moment, with their pounding hearts and nervous eyes, they held each other's hand without any care about the world.

 

--- e n d ---