Parthenia Augustine

Quiet Please!

Chapter 1: Parthenia Augustine

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taeyong flipped through some pages of his latest acquisition. After devouring the Emily Dickinson collection he had shifted to a Shakespearean mood but again he basically devoured each and every play. He wasn't too keen of the philosophy section of his library so he sat there bored looking through a children's book.

"You must be bored," Mark pipped setting down a stack of books on the check-out desk. Taeyong looked up seeing nothing more than a pile of Plato and Aristotle.

"Not as much as you." He replied standing up. Taeyong was a good six foot or maybe more, he had stop checking after 10th grade. Now he was in Graduate School preparing his thesis on something only God knew. He was essentially tired of everything that involved research. If this wasn't his last semester he would have taken a break like he should have done after he finished his undergraduate studies.

"Touché, anyways bro when are you coming out to drink? The females from class are practically begging me to drag you tonight," Mark tilted his head to the side raising a thick eyebrow genuinely curious along with slightly irritated.

Taeyong winced while scanning Mark's books out of the system. Females. They were the most beautifully complicated creatures he had come across. But recently his boredom stemmed from not only books but the opposite . If he could classify them like his books the ones he encountered would be in the children's section, plain, predictable and plotless.

"I'll pass," He mumbled sliding the books back to Mark.

"Man come on!" Mark dragged out the pronunciation of his last word in exasperation not entirely prepared nor pleased to be having this conversation. Again. "They're so hot! What's not to like about them?" He whined throwing his hands in the air. "They'll practically throw their and bras at you if you would just come with!"

"What's wrong is that they're all plain," Taeyong sat back in his chair inhaling and exhaling trying his best not to get mad at his best friend. He was also tired of having this squabble over women. "Their personalities are unvarnished."

"English TY not whatever you just spoke," Mark knitted his brows confused but getting the gist of it. "Stop being picky."

"I'm not going." Taeyong stated in a no nonsense tone. He really was not interested.

"Oh fine." Mark frowned taking his books from the counter. "But don't get mad when we all get laid and your still sitting here with no woman," the little brat practically yelled at Taeyong causing others to glance at them in question. Taeyong glared at him in suppressed fury.

"I rather be a than get an STD smart-a** ," Taeyong retorted ignoring the natural human reaction of unneeded curiosity of others. Mark gave him the middle finger and an eye roll before stuffing his books into his suit case and leaving.

Taeyong watched his friend go not regretting his decision. Parties were fun with the right people but he just wasn't in the mood. With a sigh he stacked some books on the library cart to put them back in their rightful shelves. He also picked up a couple books people had left lying around knowing they wouldn't be picking them back up.

"Leave those please." A small voice said behind a large pile of books. He glanced around not sure where the voice had come from. "I'm down here," it said making him glance down at what he thought was a little girl.

"Alright. Just put them at the front desk once you're done." He replied absently continuing his quest to rectify the messy library.

The library was open until 9pm on Wednesday's so he decided to stay till closing. It wasn't as if he had anything better to do. Ten minutes before closing he was putting away the last bit of carelessly left books. The place was altogether empty so when he went into the creating section he didn't expect to see the same kid who asked him not to put her books away.

"Hey where are your parents?" He asked raising an eyebrow at the lack of parental supervision.

The young girl looked up from the pile of books on the floor a peeved expression on her soft features. She was a beautiful kid. Her hair was pitch black held up in a bejeweled beret with the ends brushing the floor below, her light brown eyes had gold speckles near the iris, she was thin and cute with dimples forming in her caramel brown cheeks when she frowned.

"They're in their house where they're supposed to be I think. Where are yours?" She was extremely sarcastic while putting away a knitting book.

"Listen kid I think it's past your bedtime," he got a hold of her arm while she was putting away another book. "Let's go to the desk and call them."

It was at that moment that he was very unsure which way was up or down. He could only feel his body being lifted into the air then slammed down onto a hard surface. He blinked trying to clear away the blur from his vision. The girl sat down on his stomach using him as a stool while she continued to put away the books.

"How old do you think I am?" She scoffed in annoyance. Taeyong lifted his head which now was throbbing.

"Kid can you get off of me?" He grunted trying to sit up.

"Oh for Heaven's sake stop calling me kid." She exhaled finishing her pile of books.

"Well then what's your name and why the fu** are you so strong?" He tried to sit up but his head wasn't in the best condition to reestablish his lost equilibrium. He also wasn't exactly fond of being flipped onto his back again. The kid was scared and probably thought he was a threat.

"Language," she reprimanded disgusted by his inappropriate choice of words. "My name is Parthenia Augustine and I've taken Brazilian Jujitsu since I was two." She stood up and dusted off her hands. "I also live alone so I don't need permission from my parents to be out late since ya' know I'm a grown young woman." She stood up crossing his laid out body to the other side of the book shelf. "I'm taking these," She announced beginning to make her way towards the checkout desk.

"Grown woman?" He sat up hurriedly, thoroughly confused. "You're like twelve." He ruffled his hair.

"No, I'm like twenty four years old my friend." She glared at him from the side of her eye while mimicking his speech. "And just so you know your policy allows twelve year olds to go unsupervised by a guardian."

Parthenia Augustine made it to the front desk with three books under her tiny arm. She waited until Taeyong decided to let her check out her books patiently. They said nothing more so when he finished she just took her books and left.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My debut lol sort of.

Hope you guys enjoyed!! Let me know what you think and leave this comments down below!!!