Told you so

Told you so

Walking into the familiar apartment Jinyoung parked his suitcase by the wall, took his shoes off and started to walk inside the place, it looked pretty much the same, a few changes here and there, some photo frames in different places, the color of the cushions on the couch changed, the curtains, the flowers on the table. 
But this little changes didn’t matter, not when his feet blindly knew where to take him. Walking further into the apartment he made into the single bedroom, seeing the only thing that he cared inside the apartment.
She was sitting on the bed her back turned towards him, she had a nice pretty flowery dress that showed well her nice figure, her short hair siting prettily on her shoulders had him smiling like a fool, but isn’t that how it is? When you are in love.
She was humming a tune very lightly showing how happy she was, what made him rest his back against the doorframe so he could watch her and engrave that scene in his memory just for a little bit longer.
She got up and turned arround. With a small jump and a gasp her hand reached her chest, not expecting to be there. “Jinyoung?” She asked as if her eyes were imagining things.
“I didn’t mean to scare you! I wanted to make a surprise!” He smiled pushing his back away from the door and walking towards her.
Once he was close enough to hug her she took a step back to create more space making him frown. He missed her, so much! This three months on tour almost drove him crazy, but he managed to stay sane knowing he’d come back home to her warm hug and lovingly smile. Differently from the other members Jinyoung had someone for him, all for him, someone that waited him to come back home, that would hug him and love him, caress his hair until he would fall asleep.
“Honey? I know I said I’d only be back next week but I wanted to make a surprise!” He said going for a hug again.
“Jinyoung” she said putting her hands over his chest and stoping him from hugging her. Carefully taking his hand she pulled him to sit down facing her. “I need to talk with you a little bit.” Calmly she said.
“It’s something wrong? Did something happen during these three months?” He asked thighteing his hold on her hand as worry grew over his voice.
Chewing on her lower pink lip she avoided his gaze as he hand lost force against his. “I’m in love” she said quietly and that brought a smile to his lips.
“Well, isn’t that a bit obvious? We’ve-” she held her hand breaking contact with his to make him stop.
“I’m in love with someone else. Three months is way too long, you weren’t here when I needed you, you didn’t hug me when I felt sad and didn’t massage my shoulders when I was tired. Didn’t take me out for dinner to cheer me up. You were nowhere to be seen!” She listed as if she was reciting a shopping list. 
His eyes grew bigger, a humorless chuckle left his lips as he hopped, prayed that what she had just said was a joke, a not funny and very bad plotted joke. But the way she just wouldn’t meet his eyes and avoided all types of touch was his answer that she was being as serious as she could. 
“No. No! You can’t do this to me! You said! You said that my tour wouldn’t change anything, that you’d wait for me and we’d be even happier that we were before! You can’t!” He cried as he got on his feet and the desperation of his reality hit him like a train. 
“I’m sorry Jinyoungie!” She said looking into his eyes for the first time that evening. “He is everything I’ve ever needed, he is the one for me!” Her phone screen lit up in the bed.
He could see the incoming call, the name saved with a heart to it, anger started to bubble within his blood. “Then go! Go be with that dude, but when you become miserable with him remember that you are the one leaving me!” He said standing to his feet to put more distance between him and that person he once though he knew.
“I’m in love with him, and I’ll never go back to you! Because he is all you could never be to me!” She spat at him breaking the remaining pieces of his heart. 
Taking her purse and her phone she walked past him towards the living room heading to the door. “And since you’re already here, please spare me the work of putting your stuff in a box, just take it all with you.”

-

Weeks of burying himself with work, picking up as much schedules as he could, practicing for hours even after all the members had already left to go back home. Exhausting his body to the limit and keeping it busy was a way of keeping his mind away from her, and make the pain more bearable. 
It was only after two months that Jinyoung indulged to the want and insistence of s and best friends, a club night to get distracted and relaxed. It’s not something any of them would do often or at all. But Jackson’s new girlfriend suggested, offered to take a group of her girl friends and that it would be fun. Plus if they didn’t enjoy it they could always go back home. All boys got hyper about it and Jinyoung didn’t want to be the party pooper again, so he dressed up and made his way with his friends.

The club was exactly what he expected, too many bodies dancing too close together, people bumping into one another, drinks spilling all over the place, music so loud he couldn’t hear what his friends were screaming right by his side. 
The boys had thought out the space problem, because they were directed to a booth, a little over the ground floor but just two steps away from it, couches and a table to everyone. 
Two minutes into the place and Jackson already had his tongue on his girlfriend’s throat, what didn’t make possible for her to introduce her friends to the rest of the group. 
Jinyoung tried to enjoy the outing but it wasn’t his place, even after drinks and rounds of crazy dancing with the group, he still felt out of place. Luckily he wasn’t the only one. One of the girls, actually the one who introduced Jackson to his girlfriend, was also sitting down sipping on a cup of water. 
Having a pleasant talk over the loud music everyone stood up when BamBam arrived with the news that JB was going to take part of the b-boy battle on the dance floor, making Jinyoung wonder how much his friend had already drank that night. 
Joining everyone in the front of the booth to have a good look of the dance floor and to cheer on his long time group member, Jinyoung saw it.
The pair of eyes he thought he new, the ones he had looked so many times and believed he saw love on them, the ones that smiled at him whenever he made dinner, or made love to her. But thinking about it now, it had only been him, he saw what he wanted to see, she was just enjoying what he could offer her, and having some to be able to brag about it to her friends, after all he’s an idol.
Now, those pair of eyes looked bored, searching for some entertainment in the club, meaning her new relationship wasn’t all that good. Because if it was she wouldn’t be looking around the place that bored when the guy was all over her, hands touching and caressing her, lips on her neck. Unless he couldn’t touch her like Jinyoung did, couldn’t make her feel good like he did, make her melt with just a few kisses here and there. But that sure wouldn’t be the case.
Her eyes met with his, and he stared at her, not with the intentions of showing how much he missed and still thought of her, not that he didn’t do it. But it wasn’t like he couldn’t live without her, not anymore. He gave her a light humorless laugh, no need no genius to see he ain’t the dude she made him to be on Jinyoung’s eyes when she was stepping over his heart. 
When the battle was announced he looked away like he have never seeing her before, focusing on having fun with his friends.

-

1 missed call.
Day after day he would meet that message on his phone, a missed call from that one name he didn’t want to hear about ever again. Sometimes he would see the incoming call with her name on it, and he would just silence it until it was over, there was no reason for her name to come up on his phone, unless she was unhappy.
Since the day at the club her name started to show up on his phone, always late at night, when he was practicing, or going home, sometimes it would wake him up, it would ring while he was busy. The worst it would be when it woke him and he couldn’t find it to silence it, the fear of it waking up the others would almost make him answer and tell her to stick to her word, never call and want to see him again, but answering the phone should be going against so many things he was against. 
It would be going against his heart.

Jinyoung was slowly walking through the asle of the convenience store close to the dorm, it was movie night and snacks were missing. 
When his phone started to ring he ignored it for a little bit putting the package of chips down and pulled his phone out of his pocket ready to scold the member calling to ask for something more. When he saw her name on the call. As he would always do he silenced it and putted it back on his pocket. 
“Jinyoungie, I found it!” The melodic voice called after him.
Lookin up he smiles and wave the basket towards you, so you can drop the very specific candy Jackson had requested when you both were sent on the convenience-store-field-trip-mission. “So now we already have everything?” He asked taking your hand.
“I guess so!” You nodded your head trying to go over the list of snacks in your head. His phone started to ring again. “What do they want now?” You asked fishing the phone out of his pocket.
The name that read over the screen made you stop in your place, Jinyoung looked over to see it, he sighed in defeat carefully taking it from your hand and silencing it again before putting it back on his pocket. Looking ahead to their way to the cashier he saw her, you also did.
By the look on her face and how she slowly putted her hand with the phone down you knew it was her. Your eyes driffted from the girl looking heart broken to the boy holding your hand. He tugged you to walk with him, giving one of his 10000kwt smile, a very sincere one, reaching his eyes making his eyes winkles.
“Let’s go, those butts won’t wait for us.” He said putting the snacks over the cashier counter. 
“Jinyoung” she called him, his hand held tighter on yours, and your breathing got caught in your throat. “Jinyoung, I-I have to talk to you!” She exclaimed.
“No!” He said letting go of your hand and looking at her. “I hate to say it, but I told you so, told you if you left me you wouldn’t be happy, because if your new relationship isn’t going well, you can’t want me to walk in the past! My heart just won’t let me!” He said calm and looking her in the eyes. “I love someone else now.”

Once outside heading to the door you squeezed on his hand. “She calls you everyday?” 
“Yes, she does. But I never picked up.” He caressed a strand of hair away from your face. “I have you now, and maybe is too early to say it, but I love how you make me feel!”

That night Jinyoung slept with no interruptions to his sleep. His body felt lighter and much more relaxed, a small smile playing on his lips as his arms held you against his chest, his legs tangled on yours, while your head rested on his chest listening to his heart beats. 
Maybe to some people he had moved on a bit too quickly, but for him four months had been a good time. He wasn’t in love with you, not yet, but he was helping his feelings for you grow with every touch, every smile and every kiss. 
And since she had left, Jinyoung this night, the one his heart had screamed the most for her, and also hated her the most for erasing the pretty smile of your face. He found himself making love to you, because that’s what he did, it wasn’t to fulfill needs like the few previous times. Because he felt it in his his bones that you are the only one he wants in his arms and in his heart.