Come here. Let me fix it

Possibly

To attend fancy parties had always been one of the many things you were always requited to do growing up because of your father. He wasn’t a man to throw parties unless on very rare and special occasions, maybe you could count those occasions on your hands. But your father was always invited to m any parties, where you would also attend, he always had a liking to show off the beautiful women he has in his family. But you the option to not go was also something you always could pick, he would tell his friends that you were at home studying.

But after your sister had gotten married to a man with a family that loved to throw parties and celebrate even when there was nothing to celebrate, it had gotten harder to not make an appearance to these parties. Luckily she understood all the times you didn’t feel like going to the meaningless fancy celebrations of her in-laws.

The last eleven months no social events had been on your calendar, neither there was on for the next couple of months to come, but on your husband’s calendar there was a few. And now you were married, his events were also yours

His schedule is always packed, work is usually the only thing on it, from the time he wakes up to the moment he goes to sleep, when he sleeps.

In the past months you both grew closer. You were still getting used to the new reality and adjusting yourself to his life. It was hard, he had no time and very little openings, almost none, to let people into his life.

The reason you got married the way you did, a blind marriage set up by your parents with the consent of both of you.

Jaebum was nothing more than a gentleman with you whenever he was by your side, what was never often. There was one or other episode where that reality wasn’t the truth but you knew the reasons for it and it was all in the past now.

You wore the red blood colored heels that matched with the color of your dress. One last look in the mirror and you were ready. Your hair was tied away from your face but was down on large waves to give it more movement, and show the big diamonds attached to each of your ears. Gifts from your father, just like the neckless made of a dozen of smaller versions of it that was adorning your neck. The one on your finger was given to you by your husband on the weeding day, but it also matched the ones you were caring.

Your dress had a dark red blood color to it, it was simple, long and had a killer cut on the back of it stopping just before it became vulgar.

Jaebum was standing in front of the mirror by the entry hall of the house waiting for you. Once he knew you were present he turned around to face you, there was no way for him to hide the sparkle in his eyes when he saw you walking down the stairs. He offered you his hand to help you down the last few steps. Once you were down all the steps you looked him face to face, because of the heels you were almost as tall as him.

You could see the admiration in his eyes, the way the corners of his lips lifted in the tiniest movement, how he seemed to have seeing the most precious and beautiful art work in the whole world.

He felt a bit dizzy when you smiled at him from that close, remembering he had to breath he looked away embarrassed, your beauty never failed to put him in awe. He looked down and the cloth that matched your dress caught his attention once more. He still didn’t put his tie on, the small cufflinks had taken him a long time to be put into place. He lost your entrance because he was fixing his suit on.

 

Excusing himself from your side he took two long strides back to the mirror so he could fix his tie and be ready to take you to the party celebrating his father’s company’s 40th anniversary. Giggling you watched him fumbling with the tie, trying to make the different and fancier knot his mother had requited him to. “Come here. Let me fix it!” you smiled towards his reflection once it looked at you.

With pink dusted cheeks he turned around once you were right behind him. With light touches and little effort you tie the knot like it was as simple as flicking a switch.

“Usually I can knot a tie with my eyes closed, just that this one… I don’t like these different knots”

“I wish you didn’t like any of them”

With furrowed brows he looked into your eyes not understanding what you meant with that comment. He wore ties to work every day, it was just a part of his daily routine, put on a tie and knot it before leaving his room to go have breakfast before he had to leave for work. “If you didn’t like it, I could do it for you every day, like in those jam families commercials.” You clarified biting your lip.

“Maybe I will just forget how to do it after I go to sleep later” He smiled at you and softly held your hand, bringing it to his lips to give it a kiss that sent sparkles all over your body he opened the door to walk you towards the car waiting for both of you outside.


This drabble is part of the "100 ways to say 'I Love You'"