four

Broken Angels
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ħ……§……HHHHHHHHH……§…..Ħ

Luhan was checking his e-mails while his car was running to the “Tower of Burble” the property developing company which was selected by Joonmyun as the best that could recommended a cottage his father’s summer house. It was only three weeks for the 30th anniversary of their parent’s marriage life and Kris, Joonmyun and Luhan wanted to surprise them by giving a memorable gift. So they decided to get summer house which was exactly same to the old cottage which was their first home Mei and Jangsoo used to live. Kris asked Luhan to check about the final requirements that deed processing unit needs.

Luhan talked with the person who undertook the business about the summer house. The young sales executive was a good person and she prepared all the things quickly. She reminded him his secretary Laya.

When he was taking with the sales executive he saw a person who was very familiar to him. The man was taking with another executive at the end of a corridor. His appearance was clicking some memory buttons in Luhan’s mind, but Luan couldn’t remember who he was. Luhan forgot to be worry about the man and turned his attentions to the executive’s advices about the cottage.

It took a little more time to Luhan for finish the payment and signed the deeds of the cottage. He walked to the elevator, advising Laya about the evening meeting with his foreign buyers.   

The elevator door was opened and Luhan stepped into it. The man who was very familiar to him, stood inside it. He carefully looked at Luhan through his spectacles and flashed a smile. Luhan also smiled but he was mentally kicking on his memory cells to get a clue about the man.

 

“Luhan, you didn’t remind me. I’m Park Chanyeol from “Crown constructions”

 

“Oh! Now I can remember you Mr. Park. Your company did a great job about the 7th Heaven. It is really nice and I don’t want to flatter you. That’s why my brother Joonmyun handed over constructions of our new Hotel in Bussan. Sorry I didn’t recognize you Mr. Park. You look pretty different than the last time I’d been seen you”

 

Chanyeol laughed loudly flashing an ear-to-ear grin. That man was so happy about his ultimate construction business.

 

“I’m a happy man Mr. Luhan. I’m enjoying my life in every time of the seconds without forgetting to keep my eyes on my business, not in 24/7, but some sort of. I know what my company people can do, Mr. Luhan. So what’re you doing here?”

 

“I came to check a deed work about my parent’s property”

 

Chanyeol eyed on the floor number blinking front of his eyes. It had another five floors to pass.

 

“If you never mind would you like to join for a boring business dinner with me? I never thought to ask my PA to come with me, because it is not so important stuff. But I think I should have someone with me”

 

“Thanks for invite me to have a dinner, but Mr. Park I have a meeting with my office crew around 5. I should be in there; you know I’m their boss”

  

Mr. Chanyeol laughed loudly nodding. Both of them came out from the elevator when it reached the ground floor where was the parking lot. Luhan just remembered something. To ask it he was need a little chat with Chanyeol. He wasn’t sure about another time that he could meet Chanyeol.    

Mr. Chanyeol was stepping to his vehicle. Luhan quickly moved his feet and reached him, before he sits on the car seat.

 

“If you never mind would you to have a coffee with me? I have plenty enough time and I think Mr. Park also has enough time”

 

“Okay Luhan. Let’s go to the star bucks”

 

Soon Mr. Chanyeol and Luhan were having a warm coffee with puffs and pastries. They talked bit of things about current global financial tendencies. Mr. Park also asked about Jangsoo who was taking retirement from his business lines when they were in apex.

 

“Mr. Park may I have a word with you about one of your employee, a person who had been worked? For a minute sir, please”

 

Chanyeol turned him looking at him with curious eyes. He took a sip of his skinny latte and nodded. Luhan cleared his throat and placed his hands on the table. It seemed he needs more time. Chanyeol understood the tension Luhan had and the question he was going to ask; he spoke gently.

 

“Is it about Sehun?”

 

Luhan nodded sighing. Sehun was an interior designer who worked in “The Crow Construction”. Mr. Chanyeol knew that Sehun had married with Luhan and that marriage didn’t longer exist. He took another sip and came to the topic again. And he knew where he should have started the conversation.

 

“Sehun worked with us for couple of years. We found him through a career developing program which was taken placed on the academy that he had studied. He was a good employee we had. But things were going to change tuning him into a most …what you can say as untrustworthy guy. And the HR department had complained about his neglectful works. He wasn’t paying attention in his works; especially he skipped to work with deadlines”

 

Chanyeol paused and took a sip of latte and bit of a pastry. Then he continued.

 

“My company has a wasp reputation Luhan. You know it and that’s why business people like your family have chosen my company to run their constructions. I should frank about the things that I’m telling you. In fact Sehun was a very creative person and he could make beautiful art works, that’s why we gave him a lot of opportunities even he did worse. But he passed the boundary Luhan”

 

He looked at his wrist watch and cleaned his coat, removing crumbs. Luhan was feeling so annoying about Chanyeol’s cleaning work, because Chanyeol had stopped the talk in exactly a critical point. Luhan urged to pull out Chanyeol’s hand from the coat shouting. But he was controlling himself. Finishing his work Chanyeol turned to the talk, knowing that the young man was sitting on angry fire that could burn both of them.

 

“Because of Sehun’s delayed work in designing, we were about to lose a large money. Fortunately there were other designers who could work as best as Sehun could. They worked without thinking days and nights and made the end of that particular project. If we wouldn’t be able to complete it, I would kill myself. … We .. The director board came to a decision to fired him out”

 

Chanyeol ended his lines carefully watching Luhan’s face. He added “I’m sorry” after a few seconds. Luhan hung his head down and roamed his eyes on his hands aimlessly. Then he moved his head up and apart his lips to ask another question. Before him saying anything Chanyeol brought the answer like he had read Luhan’s mind.   

 

“It happened nearly a year ago Luhan. I’m really sorry. ”  

 

“It’s okay Mr. Park. I would do the same thing if I were you. I know we have to take tough decisions to keep our business alive. So ….. He was fired nearly a year ago. Did you watch him after he …… fired from your company? You know if he went to another firm definitely they should asked about previous experiences and he couldn’t  .. I think he had no chance to get a recommendation from your company?”

 

“We don’t pay attention in our ex-employers. Of course we are not issuing service letters for employees who have bad reputations during their care

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter