STOP

It was always One-sided

“Nothing”, I blurted out of reflex.

“Nothing? You call kissing at the kitchen counter as nothing?!”, Jennie’s voice rose.

I could see Jisoo’s face covered in shock but she quickly replaces it with concern. She held Jennie’s shoulder back as a means to calm her.

“Jennie, it wasn’t what it looked like”, Rose whispered.

Suddenly Jennie have just gone quiet, her face changed to somewhat of regret, regret for bursting out of nowhere. It dawned on her face. Jisoo rubbed Jennie’s back to soothe her.

“I know that it’s a shocking scene Jennie, it’s alright.” Jisoo cooed the distraught girl.

“We weren’t really doing anything I swear, Jennie just caught us in a moment where Rose was kissing my cheek at the counter, she always does that. I mean- it was just like her.” I explained as thoroughly as I could.

“I- I’m sorry, it was just a shock and thoughts came flying over”, Jennie said.

“Ye-yeah I guess”, I tried to muster the words.

Thoughts were also flying to my head. Did Jennie think that I was forcing Rose into some kind of relationship she didn’t want? Was Jennie thinking that I molested her and forced her to do those things on me? Did Jennie think that I seduced her to do that to me? Well, I’m not capable of seducing her or anybody at all. Wait, Is Jennie distraught because Rose might have thoughts on the same ? Did she think I somehow infected her.

“Well, I’ll go wash the dishes now”, I whispered.

Jennie must have noticed my sudden change of mood when she uttered an apology. And just like that, I fell for her again. It was so unfair how hooked I am for her, I’m practically crawling at her feet. I feel stupid and pathetic. Well, that’s how love really is.

After the plates were piled up, I hurriedly washed them to escape to my room but my plan was canceled when I heard my members talking in the couch.

”Well, we’re out of food”, Jisoo said.

“Should we just tell the manager to buy?”, Rose questioned.

“I’ll buy”, I surprised them by showing up.

“Well, I guess that’s fine. What do we need anyway?”, Rose asked.

“We’ll need snacks, drinks and food for our lunch and dinner. I was thinking breaded fried chicken with my special-Jisoo-butter-sauce and some Spicy chicken soup as a side dish.”, Jisoo said.

“We’ll need fruits too.”, Rose said.

“Alright then, we’ll need various fruits, instant ramyeon noodles, peperro sticks, butter biscuits, juice for each member, a lot of fried chicken, chicken breading, spice powder, butter and all the other ingredients for lunch is on the fridge. For dinner, should we just fry some fish with butternut squash soup as a side dish?” Jisoo asked.

“Yeah, I guess”, Jennie replied.

“Alright, I’ll set to buy them now.”,  I smiled.

“Wait, I’ll go with you!”, Jennie said.

Right at that moment, I just felt my world shake. I was partially happy and partially anxious of what might happen, I might do something improper or wrong again. I was very nervous and therefore, incapable of speaking, but they just took my answer as a yes.

--------------------------------------

I was pushing the basket in the large supermarket, picking up the things we needed as we passed by them. Jennie grabbed a collection of mixed fruits as she dumped them in the basket while I grabbed some vegetables. We then passed the animal counter. Luckily, nobody seemed to recognize us as we covered ourselves very much. We grabbed the freshest tuna and chicken available. We also passed the spices section where we grabbed a lot, for future meals. When we were in the snack section, Jennie slowed down her movement to speak.

“Listen Lisa, I am really sorry in my tone of talking at breakfast.”, Jennie stared into my eyes.

It was the times when Jennie truly was sorry for something she had done. I could see the regret in her eyes. I could see the beauty and emotion in her face.

“I was never mad”, I managed to voice my answer in a squeak.

The tension died down after seconds, she resumed getting different snacks and I was left with my heart beating like a train. We then went to the counter after gathering all the things we needed but just our luck, the cashier recognized us.

“Omg, you guys are – are it!”, the female cashier almost shouted.

Jennie had to shush her with a sign of the finger and the cashier giggled as she took out a paper and let us sign it.

“Please sign this. I like you guys so much”, the cashier said.

Unfortunately, the other people heard the conversation and looked at us to see who we were and a girl just suddenly blurted out our name. I knew I shouldn’t have done this. Jennie and I couldn’t escape the people, not that we like to but the fans were taking so much pictures of us and they were nearing Jennie too much that she had to lean on me. By now, people who were shopping, people who were at the counter and people past the counter were taking pictures of us. We looked at the stuff we brought going through the cash register at an excruciatingly slow pace. I tried to meet the cashier’s eyes to send her a message to hurry, luckily she got it.

It was a little bit scary at a public place where we have zero guards or staff. As a way to make the people not go berserk, we gave warm smiles and autographs and finally, the cashier was done, we handed her our money as Jennie and I carried the paper bags. Thankfully, the people were more civilized when they formed a small space for walking. They must have compassion since we were lifting a lot of things. The crowd started disbanding but a lot was still left, following us to the entrance. The door was opened for us by the bodyguard but suddenly, I felt a pair of arms circle in my waist on my way out. I was in the middle of walking so my foot tripped but I managed to catch my balance with my good foot.

Worse, I feel that same pair of pale arms snake up the inside of my sweater. I squirmed and panic and I tried to move but her grip was tight that it resulted in my paper bag to fall luckily, I wasn’t holding any wet goods. I was just holding 2 paper bags of powdered drinks and spices and of boxes and wrappers of snacks. Some spill to the floor and that resulted in Jennie to look back as she was ahead.

“Oh God”, Jennie saw what was happening.

She immediately placed the paper bag at the car hood as she hurried over me. We were out in the open now and fans seeing what was happening decided to help but others started to join. Fans were helping in removing the girl off of me and it succeeded without her being hurt. She just retreated but as I saw the swarm of fans on Jennie and I, some were touching Jennie, poking her sweater but one guy touched her hand’s bare skin.

“Give them space”, a fan shouted.

The fans then moved backwards and Jennie and I with the help of others collected the fallen goods. We thanked the people as we left in the car.

We looked disheveled and distraught.

“We need staff with us when we leave, they’re going to scold us for going alone”, Jennie said.

“Yeah, let’s go- do that”, I was thankful that my wounds and bruises were disappearing and almost none were at my stomach because if she felt that, then she’d know how much torture I go through.

“Are you fine?”, Jennie asked me.

“Are you?”, I replied.

“Just fine” she said.

When we arrived home, we told them about the ordeal and we swore to never put anyone at that kind of risk again. Jisoo then proceeded to the kitchen to cook our lunch meal while me, Jennie and Rose sat in the couch.

“Lisa, you should just rest a bit. It was hot outside too. I’ll be the one to help with the plates. I smiled thankfully at her, honestly, she was a gift.  

Jennie and I were left in the couch with nothing to do. I was too tired to get my phone and I was thinking too much to go watching TV. I rested my arm at the armrest at my side but suddenly, I felt a weight against my shoulder. Jennie’s body leaned on me. My heart was beating erratically and my palms were sweating. I bottled up all of the emotions I was feeling to not ruin the moment.

I felt her arms encircle me in a caring way, not like the girls’ grip was. All my doubts and problems seem to melt into our position. I couldn’t help but lean my body towards her too and my heart felt like it was content. I could feel her sleeping and I couldn’t help too but close my eyes to the wonderful dream I was having. I closed my eyes and melted away. I couldn’t feel anything internally but at that moment my ankle started feeling weird. I felt it aching. It prevented me from sleeping. It was from that accident. I need to go get ice or patch it up at least but that would wake Jennie up and suddenly I didn’t have the heart to fix it anymore. I just bore with the pain.