Chapter 1

As For We...
Please be noted that this is meant to be a fanfiction so I am not following a real Korean high school system and so on. 

 

Senior year also means last year of high school. This is the year everyone have been waiting for. At the end of the year, the thick books can be disposed or, if someone is too nice he can gives it to the younger generation. The start of the school this year seems exciting, because they changed the principal for the first time in 10 years. God bless. They have heard that the new principal is friendly and nice, compared to the previous principal who had a stern look on his face all the time. 

Saejin took a seat in the middle of the class, where she thought it might be the safest seat since she never liked to be queried by the teachers and teachers, on the other hand, rarely ask questions to the students in the middle sitting. 

"Hey, Saejin! What's good?", a girl who is slightly taller than Saejin greeted. She is one of Saejin's greatest friend, Nayeon. 

Saejin puts her bag on the hook and scrunches her nose. "Nothing's good, Nayeon. I heard you went to Australia last time?"

Nayeon happily nodded her head as she takes her seat behind Saejin. "Yup, it was great!", she said, taking a small paperbag from her school bag and gave it to Saejin. "A souvenir."

Saejin took a peek from the brown paperbag before she exclaimed happily. "Thank you! This koala plushie is cute," she said, pinching the whole plushie before she put it back into the original bag. 

"Where's Eunbi, any way? I haven't seen her," Nayeon looked around, her eyes popping out from her socket looking for a small, girl to appear.

Saejin sighed, "new year, new resolution, same old Eunbi. She's going to be late like she always did. It's a good thing we're still in the same class, aren't we?"

Nayeon nodded. The class is getting packed with students entering the classroom - there are some familiar faces and some are not. The students are seated in pairs, and Eunbi reserved the table next to Saejin for herself. 

"Who is that?" Nayeon asked. Her finger then pointed to a very unfamiliar guy, wearing a uniform uncompletely without name tag and school logo. He has an unstyled hair - not messy though, and a beautiful smile curled on his lips as he greeted the students. 

Saejin turned around and saw the guy. She shrugged, not knowing what to answer because she clearly does not know him either. "A new kid maybe." 

The class became noisy and the bell rang indicating the first period of class begins. Everyone rushed to their own seats, well, except for one person. That is Eunbi.

"Oi! Why are you late on the first day of school?", Nayeon asked, poking Eunbi's head when she sat down. 

"Stop poking my head! You're making me go idiot." Eunbi hissed, turning around to face Nayeon. "Same old excuse. I woke up late."

Saejin scoffed and shook her head. Knowing that endless lectures of the importance of waking up early won't help Eunbi to wake up on time, they let it go.

"Who is that guy?", Eunbi asked, this time she focused her eyes on the new kid in her class. She knows almost everyone in this school. Ex-seniors, juniors, sophomores.. you name it, she knows them. So when a very unfamiliar looking student appears, Eunbi's brain cells automatically connect to each other and instantly knew that that is a new guy. 

"New kid, probably." Saejin sighed. She isn't really interested with whoever joins the class or leaves the class. She just wants to get over school and enroll the university. Something she couldn't wait. 

Big footsteps echoed along the hallway as a woman in her mid thirties entered the classroom with a smile. Mrs Joo, who is the homeroom teacher for class 3-1, is wearing a simple blouse and long skirt. Her hair is tied into a ponytail and this year, she dyed her hair light brown. Last years, she never bothered to dye her hair or doll herself. Probably because she is married now, she needs to look extea good. "Good morning, everyone."

Mumbles and ruffles can be heard answering Mrs Joo's early morning greetings. Her eyes wandered around the class and stopped at where the unfamiliar kid is sitting, before her lips curled into a smile. 

"So, have you guys met your new classmate? He came all the way from Seoul," Mrs Joo said. As always, she is very cheerful and brings her positive vibes everywhere she goes. That is probably why she is one of the most favourite teacher voted by the students. 

Some said yes, some said no meanwhile a few others remained silent. The said student stood up and bowed slightly, introducing himself as Kim Jaehwan. "I moved from Seoul to Gyungsan because my father works here. I hope we can be friends," he flashed a smile. 

Saejin nodded her head, as if Jaehwan was talking to her when in reality, Jaehwan was talking with everyone else. 

After some question and answer session (in which Saejin does not participate), she came to a conclusion that Jaehwan is from a middle-class family and that he has a first year brother at Gyungsan High. He is a big fan of cars and apparently, ranked first in his old school. They should be introducing themselves one by one but Mrs Joo thought it would be better if they grow to know each other as the time goes by.

The first period went okay, with the homeroom teacher telling them dos and don'ts as well as some new year resolutions. They chose the class monitor, which happened to be Jihoon, the flower boy of the class and Jiyoung as the assistant monitor. 

Saejin does not really care actually who became who because she knew at the end of the day, she is still invincible in the class and that no one would like her to be an assistant monitor and such of. So that's how the first period went passing by. 

The peeriods before lunch break are Biology, Chemistry and Applied Maths. Three subjects that Saejin personally found it was hard to cope up. She originally wanted to be a doctor and thought that Biology is just about learning they body of human and animals, as well as getting to know the plants. She was wrong. It was more than that. And she started to regret her choice of enrolling a science stream class. 

"I can't understand anything," Saejin sighed. With thick Biology book in her hands, Saejin and her friends walked out from the Biology lab. Biology lab was located on the second floor and before arriving at the lab, Saejin's class had to walk pass three other classes. 

One of the class, which is right next to Saejin's is Ong Seongwoo's class.

xx

"There goes your friend," Saejin chirped, at the sight of Seongwoo and his friends walking pass the girls.

Dahyun groaned and rolled her eyes, knowing that Saejin meant it sarcastically. Dahyun has never liked Seongwoo. No one actually knows why. Since their first year, Dahyun always complained that Seongwoo is too cocky and pretentious. Well, he did look like one though. So, everytime Seongwoo walks passes Dahyun, Dahyun would roll her eyes and groan.

And today, Dahyun does the same too. Seongwoo looks up and met his eyes with Saejin for a second before he looked away and left. Saejin thinks Seongwoo hated her, for being friends with Dahyun.

 

Hello! Thank you for reading. I will improve m