A SHORT JOURNEY

A SHORT JOURNEY

 

“Ahh!! Ahh!!” many civil people shouted with extreme shudder because of the dreadful serpent

coming to their town. “Run faster! Hide yourselves at the underground of the palace. Quick!” a knight said while guiding the innocent civil people to the palace. “Your Highness, Syrfeed already attacked the whole town. Almost half of our soldiers died fighting and worst is that Syrfeed is on his way here in the palace” the right hand of the King stated.

 

The King stood up and walked side to side as if he was thinking something so deep.

 

“My King, what are we going to do? This is the first time he assault our kingdom, we have to protect our land from Syrfeed.” said the worried Queen. “I know that my Queen, I’ve already decided… I’m going to fight Syrfeed. I can’t just sit here and wait for Syrfeed to destroy my kingdom: said the King in a calm but powerful voice. “Father, it’s too dangerous for you to fight Syrfeed! Let’s just let our soldiers do the job. Syrfeed has a great power and there is only a small percent of possibility to survive!” the Princess exclaimed. “It already came to you. Syrfeed is powerful and our soldier is not enough to fight him. They need me and I have to protect my land, you, my lovely Princess and my Queen. I’ll do everything to win from Syrfeed” the King said with determination and belief in him. “Be careful my King” said the Queen as she hug her husband. “Don’t worry, I’ll be back soon as I already defeated that Syrfeed” King comforted his Queen and Princess. “I love you Father!” the Princess said while hugging the King very tightly. “Your Highness, Syrfeed is on the tall gate of our palace and the town is on great fire. What are we going to do, your Highness?” a knight said on a worried voice. “Prepare the remaining soldiers, I am going to fight the serpent” the King declared.

 

After a moment, the King and his brave soldiers had seen fighting with Syrfeed. The event was so breathtaking to everybody and the town people were covered fear and all are frightened. Syrfeed is flying with his two big and ugly wings while giving an absolutely ardent breath to his opposition. The King was trying so hard to shoot him with an arrow together with his trusted soldiers. Syrfeed always has the luck not to get harm with those arches. One big blow of fire from Syrfeed made most of King’s soldiers’ drive to death. The remaining knights trembled up to their bones but the great King has the look of not giving up eventhough the fear for losing the fight came up to his spines. One desperate move from the King, he tried to cut Syrfeed’s feet as he got landed on the ground. Syrfeed kicked him with full force which made the king flew away facing the hard wall of the palace. He vomited so much blood and his soldiers got alarmed, they strike Syrfeed with their poisonous arrows which tends the serpent to give them a hot breath of fire causing all their lives. As the Princess saw his father looking so infirm, she run out so fast and attended her father.

 

“My Princess, what are you doing here? It’s too dangerous for you… go back inside the palace” the King said in a weak but authoritative voice. “No! I can’t let you in this way Father! I will fight for you!!!” the Princess said and grab the King’s sword.

 

She faced Syrfeed who at that time was walking towards them. With trembling hands she pointed the sword to Syrfeed.

 

“I won’t let you harm my Father or even destroy our kingdom ever again!!!” the Princess stated.

 

Her beautiful face painted a strong feature of determination and a mark of fear in her starry like brown eyes. Syrfeed slowly took his every step as if he is already the winner.

 

“Run now my Princess! Run!” the King shouted as he tried to stand but always fails to.

 

The Princess keep on standing, behind her was her Father whose looks now is distorted. Syrfeed and the Princess now was just a two or three meters away. They both looking into each others eyes with different emotions, the Princess was giving fierce look while Syrfeed’s are just blank but glittering. Syrfeed’s big right hand raised up to the Princess direction, in return the Princess tried to slice it which made Syrfeed got hurt. Syrfeed give a roar and the Princess felt frightened.

 

“Oh, Princess! I am begging you… run now! You can’t win from him!” the weak King said. “But I won’t leave you Father!” the Princess said.

 

Syrfeed keep paused looking straightly to the Princess’s bewitching face, and suddenly an arrow shoot. Syrfeed was hilted from his left eye. It came from the King.

 

“Go now Princess while he’s still hurt!” the King commanded. “Come with me Father” the Princess help the King to stand and they walk as fast as they could but unfortunately the princess got misstep on a rock causing them to land on the ground.

 

Syrfeed got the opportunity to attack them and get the Princess from the King’s gripped. All suddenly, Syrfeed flew away taking with him the screaming Princess. No one in the palace has the guts to follow or stop Syrfeed. The queen fainted after witnessing the horrible scene while the King had nothing to do to save his only daughter but to cry and felt disappointed for everything happened.

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

The other day, the kingdom was covered in a mournful tones coming from the country people. The one who shivers for their loved ones who died in the recently fight against the serpent. The weather seems to be in favor for them, there was neither sun nor rain, clouds are grayish and the wind’s every blow gives chill and sadness to the Everlasting Kingdom. Some people are fixing their houses; some are busy burying the people who had died and the others are doleful and feel out of the world. The scene in the city had a huge similarity in the palace’s facilities especially to where the King was comfortably laying in a soft and big bed that was full of elegancy; beside the King was the Queen in distress. Her beauty was covered by all worries while her glimmering eyes before change into a sad sorrowful mark. The king was badly hurt and still unconscious since yesterday. The Queen arrange the flip cover of the King as she did that her flowing tears run after by after. The latter was thinking of her lovely Princess, a naïve and fragile one, a sweet and very kind Princess they have. Everybody loves their Princess, every individual and even the people from other kingdoms. While continuing her job, the King holds the Queen’s hand and look at her with an intense emotion in his chinky blue eyes.

 

“Please don’t cry, my Queen. Seeing you crying are more painful that this injuries I have” the King said in almost a whisper.

 

The Queen tries to hide her tears but her eyes seem not to agree with her.

 

“I’m glad you’re already awake. How’s your feeling?” the Queen said trying to sound lively. “Not so better. Especially when I know that our kingdom is facing a big crisis and our Princess… is in danger with him… Syrfeed” the King said in a weak but fierce voice.

 

His clench off as he recall the happenings on the past day.

 

“Don’t stress yourself; I know we can go out of this crisis we are right now. You’re a King with intelligence and full of courage” the Queen said.

 

She helped the King to lean comfortably on the headboard of the bed. Somebody knock on the door.

 

“Come in!” the Queen answered.

 

It emits the trusted adviser of their kingdom. He was surprised to see the King was already awake.

 

“Good morning, your Highness and Queen. [He greeted and gave respect]It’s good you’re already awake my King. I just want to inform you that the 14 other kingdom gave their sympathy and promised to help us. A messenger came from different kingdoms gave us news that the Kings of their Kingdoms are giving a help. They visited our land exactly at the 1st of the afternoon” the Adviser exclaimed. “Well, that’s good and great help for us. But I feel ashamed of myself, it makes me feel down and my pride degraded” the King sadly but truthfully said. “Don’t blame yourself, please my King. The 14 Kings that will come here is almost your brothers and blood related. They understand that we are just headed with this unexpected incident. They just wanted to help us like an older brother helping his younger to stand up when he got injured and down” the Adviser said.

 

The King just nodded as the Queen replaces her hand at the shoulder of him as a sign of moral support.

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

 

“I’m glad to see you all here and thank you for visiting our land” the King welcomed the others as they arrive just on time.

 

They were in a spacious hall inside the Everlasting Palace, on its right side where the hug windows are glued were the four King namely King Heechul, King Hangeng, King Shindong and King Kyuhyun. On the left are King Sungmin, King Ryeowook, King Henry, King Kibum, King Siwon and King Zhoumi. While at the center whose standing so stunningly are King Eunhyuk, King Yesung, King Donghae and King Leeteuk.

 

“I was shocked when I heard that Syrfeed attacked your kingdom. It was the first time he became harmful and assaulted someone’s territory.” King Zhoumi started. “Yeah, I agree with King Zhoumi.” king Henry said. “But before anything else, we are giving our full sympathy for what happened to your beloved Princess.” King Hangeng added. “We will help you to bring back the Princess of this Kingdom.” King Eunhyuk assured the King. “Thank you. God is so kind to show me friends like all of you” the King exclaimed. “I also heard that your animals were toasted done by the serpent. As my help for you, I will share ten percent of mine and I will give some tools for the house renovations of your country men.” King Yesung promised. “My kingdom are rich in plants especially pumpkins. I will donate fifty percent of my harvest for next month. I hope this will be a big help.” King Sungmin added. “Of course king Sungmin, everything was a good help. Thank you” King said. “I guess we better think of a way to get the Princess from Syrfeed.” King Donghae suggested. “I believe King Donghae is right. The Princess is n great danger every moment she’s with the serpent.” King Siwon added. “We had to make plans to make sure of the Princess’s safety.” King Ryeowook said. “Why don’t we build a strong group of armies to go and fight Syrfeed?” king Kibum asked. “You can get my Starcraft warriors; they are all strong and had great skills on fighting!” King Kyuhyun volunteered. “I suggest that they should have a leader to follow and guide them.” King Shindong said. “Do you know someone?” King Heechul asked. “I knew one… he’s a great fighter with not so ordinary intelligence. A strong and very dependable leader can be. I am talking about my right hand knight and also my bestfriend. He proved himself to me so many times. He’s name is Kangin, we can trust him.” King Leeteuk said. “Does this knight you are talking about are in here? I mean did he some with you?” King asked, “Yes, I leave him together with other King’s companion.” King Leeteuk answered. “I guess he must be called in this important meeting.” King Ryeowook said. “Yeah, I agree!” king Yesung supported.

 

After 5 minutes of waiting, the Knight they expected entered the door and gave respect for the 15 Kings.

 

“My Knight, we will get straight to the point. Me and my fellow Kings are planning to make you the leader of the selected armies that aims to save the lost Princess of Everlasting to Syrfeed. Are you accepting the responsibilities?” King Leeteuk directly asked.

 

Knight Kangin looked shocked with widened eyes.

 

“You surprised him! Made him think about it first, fighting with a serpent is a dangerous thing to do.” King Hangeng said.

 

Eventhough Knight Kangin is still recovering, he answered the King straightly.

 

“I will your Highness! I want to help the Everlasting Kingdom and bring the Princess back here.” Knight Kangin said. “Well, it’s all settle then. When did you want them to go King?” King Eunhyuk asked. “It’s better if they start tomorrow early morning.” King Donghae suggested. “My idea is the same with King Donghae. Everybody knows Syrfeed is living at Byeol Mountain and that is 2 miles away from here.” King Henry said. “Let’s plan of a good and effective strategy to defeat Syrfeed for good. He’s becoming a big threat to us, to our kingdom and to the safety of our countrymen.” King Kyuhyun said.

 

Then ext minute made them busy planning things that they are going to do against Syrfeed. Knight Kangin was still amazed for what was happening now, he wanted to help and get the Princess right from the start but it never came up into his mind that he would be the one who will lead the group that will take in action.

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

 

Early morning, the other day… at the King’s big hallway where there was a plenty of warriors with some minister officials together with the most respected King and Queen of Everlasting and the leader Kangin of the group who will save the Princess… they named them Yeossin Warriors. The Knight was expressionless as they go out the palace; he has neither fear nor hesitation. He saw the Princess big portrait on the palace while they were on their way, it was a picture of a innocent yet very beautiful Princess. Her chinky browned eyes are like stars in the dark night which twinkles everytime you’re going to look at it. Her fair white skin is like snow covered in the mountains in the West that shines everytime the sun smile at it.

 

“I will save you Princess. I will take you away with that monster… I promise that to you!” Knight Kangin thought.

 

He felt obligated to do that, there was something inside him that tells that he had to. They stopped at the entourage gate of the palace where there are a lot of country gathered. The other 14 Kings went their way to their palace last night after having their meeting.

 

“I know you were all curious why I called all of you. I know you are also worried about our lost Princess but don’t worry now, a Knight with a great skill in fighting and undeniably intelligence will try to defeat Syrfeed and get our Princess from him. So let’s support him and pray for his victory.” the King announced with full confidence that the Knight can win. “Long live to knight Kangin! Long live to Everlasting Kingdom!” an announcer of the palace shouted.

 

All of the people respond and also shouted the announcer’s cheer. As the rite was finished, the King blessed knight Kangin on behalf of the Yeossin Warriors. And this starts the journey of the Knight Kangin and soon in the future a great King.

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

 

“Leader! Leader!” one knight shouted.

 

Knight Kangin felt worried.

 

“What happened? Something’s wrong?” he asked. “It’s been 5 hours past since we started walking eventhough the other soldiers don’t say it. It’s still obvious on their hungry face.” the one knight exclaimed.

 

 He looked at them, they seem not so tired but this one knight is actually the one who obviously looked tired.

 

“I thought it was urgent?” Knight Kangin replied in a low voice. “Are you saying something, leader?” the one Knight asked. “Okay, we will rest for 30 minutes. Take your lunch off.” Knight Kangin said.

 

Every soldier fined something to sit on and the Knight Kangin also did the same. He positioned himself on the big rock beside an old and tall Schick Tree. He ate his lunch for only 5 minutes. As he done eating, he looked at his soldiers whose eating busily. Knight Kangin was the right hand of one of the most honored in the 15 Kingdom, King Leeteuk. They were childhood friends but since King Leeteuk is in the Royal Family and his Father was in a smaller rank of the Palace officials, it has always been a gap between them. In spite of that, they still became bestfriends and they had come to their right age for them to take the duty of their Father’s position. But the Knight worked hard and now he has the position, he cannot afford to disappoint his King.

 

“Leader, you seemed thinking deep thoughts?” a knight asked.

 

Knight Kangin felt surprised because this knight is like a forest mushroom that plays the act of disappearing and appearing out of nowhere.

 

“I’m a knight from the kingdom of King Kyuhyun. My name is Prince.” he introduced himself. “Your mother gave you the name that suits you.” Knight Kangin said while hiding his laughter. “Thank you for your compliment, Leader. You know my mother is very caring, I was very lucky to have her. I want to give her a sapphire blue flower on her birthday next month.” Prince exclaimed. “Well, that was a very rare flower to see” Knight Kangin commented. “Yeah, but it was her favorite flower… I want to make her happy. I had to go home after two weeks.” Prince said. “Don’t worry we won’t take two weeks to find and slay Syrfeed” Knight Kangin assured. “I know that, Leader. I know that you had great skills.” Prince said. “Thank you!” he answered.

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

 

After walking for 3 days, at last they already face the Byeol Mountain.

 

“We’re here!” he silently declared. “We better take rest first, Leader” Knight Prince suggested. “Yes, we will have our sleep over here and tomorrow morning, we will attack Syrfeed. Take rest now” he commanded.

 

12 midnight, Yeossin Warriors are all silently sleeping except for their leader. He was looking at the top of the Byeol Mountain; he heard Syrfeed roared while he was preparing for sleep.

 

“Just wait for me, I will last your life for good and you will pay all your sins to the hurt people and soldiers you killed!”  Knight Kangin said in his thoughts.

 

“Help! Help! Please help me…” a sweet voice calling. “Please help me…” said the voice again and more followed after.

 

It was a girl but he cannot see her face clearly. She keeps asking for help.

 

“What can I do? Where can I find you?” he asked. “Please help me!” she again said.

 

He tried to come closer to her but it seems that every step he took towards the girl made another 3 steps to make him away. It’s like walking without moving on his position. Then suddenly, a shining light come and covered the girl.

 

“Please help me…” she yelled.

 

All of a sudden her face became even clearer… it was the Princess.

 

“Wait! Princess!!!” he shouted.

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

 

            “Huh?” Knight Kangin gets up on his sleep. “A dream…” he whispered.

 

He looked up at the sky it was still dark and the other soldiers are still on their sleep. He calculated it was 5 in the morning; he stood up and went for a walk. On his walk, he saw a silver locket. He was curious so he get it and scanned it for some minutes. It was locked and needs a key, he tried to force it but it is really hard to open.

 

“Leader! Leader!” an approaching Knight Prince shouted.

 

He looked back and put the locket inside his pocket.

 

“Why? I suppose you are still sleeping, why are you here?” Knight Kangin asked. “Well, I was called by nature and when I was on my way back… I saw you here and now I am here talking in front of you.” King Kyuhyun’s knight nonsense said.

 

Kangin sighed.

 

“Since you’re here… tell all Yeossin Warriors to prepare! We will attack Syrfeed before afternoon.” he commanded. “Right away, Sir!” he replied and immediately run away.

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

 

“Is everybody ready?” Kangin asked loudly.

 

Everybody answered ‘Yes!’ They started to walk up the mountain, after walking, they finally reached Syrfeed’s cave. Kangin told his soldiers to go around the cave and he pause at the center entrance of the cave. They were in a good timing because Syrfeed is coming outside the cave.

 

“Attack!” Kangin shouted.

 

The fight began, all the soldiers run to Syrfeed and tried to cut him but he stop them by a breath of flaming fire. Too closed to be toasted but it did not give them fear instead it makes them more determined. They tried again but this time Knight Kangin was the first one who do the first step but the alert half- dragon and jackass did a quick movement. His big long tale squeezes Knight Kangin into the tree right beside the cave’s entrance. He was hurt and injured his left leg. He wasn’t able to stand up so he decided to relaxed first his leg and give for awhile to his soldiers to do the action. The Knight Prince attacked Syrfeed but he failed to hit him even just a little. He tried again but on the second time, he also fails. One more moment, made Knight Kangin fierce, Syrfeed flamed almost 30 percent of Yeossin Warriors. He tried to stood up but he just end up sitting again, he felt embarrassed and useless. Not so far from him, he saw a familiar knight lying on the ground together with other dead soldiers.

 

“Knight Prince?” Kangin said as he tried hard to go near him. “Ahh… Le… Leader… takes care of you. And can yo… you tell my mother that I feel sor… sorry I can’t make my prom… promise that I will be ba…back home safely. Can you do m…me a favor?” Knight Prince asked. “Yes, but please don’t talk too much your losing so much blood.” Kangin answered. “Gi… gives her her favorite flo…flow…er for me? It’s a sapphire blue flo…wer. Can I re…st now lea…” Knight Prince didn’t finish his sentence because he was already lost of breath. “Rest now my friend Knight…” Kangin said.

 

Even for a short time, he knew this so kind man who had big love his mother and also became his friend in a short journey. He looks back at Syrfeed who are still fighting with his left Yeossin Warriors. He was about to get his sword when suddenly something from his pocket lighted. He became curious and found out that it was the antiquated and weird locket he found on the mountain. It floated from his hands and elevated up in the sky, it is spreading an eye- blinding light which caught the attention of the people who saw it even Syrfeed. The fight stopped for awhile and everyone focused on the thing that gives a different shining light even when the sun was covered on the clouds like it was intimidated. The background became dark and things went into magical, everything stopped and became frozen except for him but the light was still there.

 

“Kangin” a voice called. “Who are you?” he asked.

 

Suddenly the bright light form into a woman with admirable face. She was beautiful.

 

“Who are you?” he asked again with shock on his eyes for what he was witnessing. “I am Byeori, the fairy of this mountain” she answered. “What do you need from me? Why…” his words was cut because the said fairy commanded him. “Don’t worry; all good things are headed to you. You are a good person with a big heart and soon you’ll be a good King.” the fairy exclaimed. “Byeori! At last the curse was broken, I thought I would never see you again!” a man who was dressed like pa prince came.

 

Kangin was puzzled to a sudden moment he was seeing.

 

“So he was the one who was In the prophecy… the one who will break the curse.” the man said looking with a smile painted on his face. “I don’t understand. What are you talking about?” Kangin asked. “Long time ago, a prince named Syrfeed fell in love with a fairy and the latter feel also the same way to him. But because Syrfeed is a human and the fairy is otherwise, many people contradicted to their relationship. It was a prohibited love. Until one day, all things became more complicated, the humans and immortals had a fight. Many people died and also the same with the immortals, the mother of all fairies got angry. The human and immortals became imbalance. Mother fairy cursed the Prince to be a serpent and the fairy got punished to be imprisoned in a locket. It will only open when a guy with a good heart in the prophecy bring it near the Serpent and that was you… you’re the guy in the prophecy who will be a great King in his time.” the fairy explained. “Yeah, I’m sorry if I killed a lot of people. It is still part of the curse that I will kill humans like I was before. Thank you that you finally came and set us free!” Syrfeed said while holding Byeori’s hand- the fairy of the Byeol Mountain. “The legend was true… a hundred years ago.” Kangin only manage to say. “Yes it was and now it finally last. And about the Princess you are looking for… she is sleeping inside the cave. Go now and get her, I’m sure she missed her parents.” Syrfeed exclaimed.

 

Kangin immediately run inside the cave and look for the Princess.

 

“Princess! Princess!” he called out.

 

Not so far from where he was standing, he saw the Princess lying on a bunch of hay. She was sleeping peacefully. She had the face that could give bliss to everyone who will look at her. He just stayed looking at her for a minute and he guess he could do that for years. The Princess broke the moment; she opened her eyes and saw Kangin staring at her.

 

“Do you mind if I ask you not to look at me like that? I get conscious of myself.” the Princess shyly said and bowed her head down.

 

He smiled.

 

“I’m sorry I’m just carried away with the most beautiful face I’ve ever saw. Anyway I’m Ka…” “Kangin” the Princess continued his introduction. “I saw you in my dream… you save me from Syrfeed” the Princess said. “Yeah, the King and Queen are waiting for you. Let’s go!” Kangin said.

 

They went out the cave, everything was still pause. The Yeossin Warriors was still not moving. Kangin look up the sky and saw Syrfeed and Byeori elevated. They’re hugging each other and the light is like dancing around them. They watch them disappear and finally, Kangin knew their love will continue forever and no one or nothing can make them away from each other.

 

“I promise that I will protect you, my Princess” Kangin said to the Princess while looking intently at her eyes.

 

The Princess answered him with a sweet smile. They keep staring at each for more minute, it only got lost when everything went back to normal. Yeossin Warriors are all puzzled to a sudden disappearance of Syrfeed and happy because the Princess is saved with their Leader.

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

 

            After a year, the brave Knight Kangin married the lovely princess after courting her for almost 11 months. Kangin became the King of the Everlasting Kingdom who at that time was already fully recovered after Syrfeed assaults them. Another 10 years passed, King Kangin and his Queen had twins, a girl and a boy namely Byeori and Syrfeed. They live together peacefully and happily ever after.