Final

caramel macchiato (and a side of you)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ong Seongwoo was a broke college student, barely survived the semester with cheap convenience shop food and instant noodle and took a part-time job as a barista in his cousin’s coffee shop.

 

He was a typical chemical engineering student, hair jet black and wore glasses like a nerd he was. He didn’t consider himself as handsome although his friends kept saying he should try auditioning for modelling or be an idol. Seongwoo refused politely, saying he was too shy to be in the spotlight.

 

Today also as usual he waited behind the counter with boring expression and wished his shift would end soon although the shop was only opened for 10 minutes. The owner, Yumi saw his cousin propping his shoulder and staring at the window mindlessly immediately grabbed a wet towel on the counter and threw it to the man.

 

Seongwoo jolted out of reflex, eyes glancing around to find the culprit but then cowered under Yumi’s sharp glare at him. He rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment and smiled apologetically. “Sorry, Yumi.”

 

Yumi shook her head and ordered him to stand up straight and always ready to serve the customers. Seongwoo nodded boringly and rolled his eyes when the lady went to the kitchen to take out her baked goods. He cleaned the counter while humming a song and almost didn’t notice the bell chimed.

 

When Seongwoo raised his head to greet the customer, he was taken aback at the sudden bright pink flashed in front of him. He blinked furiously and focused his eyes on the pink hair, silently admired at the colour and how this one guy bravely pulled off this type of colour.

 

“Caramel Macchiato with a slice of cheesecake, please. Take away.” The guy ordered with a smile on his face. Seongwoo wrote down the order in a book and gave the guy a look as if to ask his name so he could write it on the cup. The guy chuckled, “Daniel.”

 

Seongwoo wanted to utter the typical lines that he had memorized for months to the customer but he was tongue-tied and he could only parted his mouth repeatedly like a fish out of water. Daniel who watched this was amused and turned around to sit in one of the table while waiting for his order.

 

Seongwoo passed the order to his co-worker, a Chinese guy from Taipei named Guanlin. Guanlin raised his eyebrows and gave a look that screamed “what’re you doing just now, idiot?” Seongwoo pulled his face into an awkward smile and changed his attention to his work station.

 

He really wanted to not look at Daniel but oh god that pink hair distracted him so much that he could see it only by the corner of his eyes. Seongwoo stole a glance (or maybe more than one glance) at the pink-haired guy and felt his stomach churned and heart beat fast. He shuddered, the thought of crushing on a guy just because of the hair colour crept him out.

 

But Seongwoo swore the more he stared at the guy’s hair the more he liked it. Just the way the hair shone unde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter