PROLOUGE

Confession of a Wallflower

Hi dearest Seoul Elites! Welcome back to reality, guys. Bet your weekend was fun with endless parties and hook-ups, right? Especially to girl(s) who finally got into Tae’s pants. No hate, darlings. Please be safe and make sure you go for STD screening. God knows how many people you are indirectly in contact with. – XOXO

 “Bitter much.”

 “Tch. I know right.”

 Yerim actually gasped when she heard the voice next to her but the moment she turned around she had a glimpse of his back. She sighed inward because she just loss a chance to have her very first interaction with him, Kim Taehyung. Thanks to this stupid daily confession that she need to post on bulletin board every morning, she finally sort of talk to him. Her not-so-worthy job at publication club did help her this time, well besides giving her extra merit of course. 

 Speaking of the Seoul Elite Editorials, the ever-so famous club in this school, the club was actually at the verge of cancellation because it was the only club which did not generate fund for this school until the new chief editor, Kim Namjoon came out with this crazy idea - daily dose of student’s confession which he preferred to call it Soul Elite Confession. Yeah. The soul and Seoul sound alike, right. Oh the pun. Yerim and other club members had no idea how did he convinced the teachers and school board. He said they agreed to this because daily confession could help with students’ mental health. The authorities did put some rules. Firstly, no direct mention of , drugs, alcohol or other illegal things for minors. Secondly, no mention of the staffs or any student’s family, race and belief. Yerim called it bull regardless. This confession thing would be a mess because she knew people would only end up exposed each other hidden by anonymous identity. 

 Now, how to be a confessor? All they need to do was to register to the club page with fake identities of course and personal messaged the admin. Simple. The first day they announced it, their inbox was flooded with hundreds of confessions and to choose only one to be posted was epic tough. Again the genius guy, Namjoon told the team to just pick the first one received. Lucky that the message was about the mysterious hot guy (Yerim would like to defer this) whom everyone nosy about, Jeon Jungkook. The message was similar to this line if she could remember, 

 ‘Today I went to school a little bit early because I left something at the gym. Guess who I saw there working out shirtless? It’s Jeon Jungkook! I have been blessed. He has those abs you are imagining, girls. Pretty solid. – JKs’ 

Yerim wanted to gag the first time she read the message while Namjoon just went laughing like retard for five minutes with a few other guys from the editorial board. Poor her fellow female colleagues, whom she considered as nerd and innocent as she was, were flushing red. They couldn’t be imagining it right? 

 Jungkook who was oblivious to the confession thingy as expectedly being ambushed on the very next morning by his thirsty fangirls who just wanted confirmation. They kept their presence unnoticed but by the time he took off his muscle shirt, he saw some flashes from the bleachers followed by high-pitched screams. Poor boy, he was traumatized. Yerim also remembered clearly on that one chaotic day, Jungkook stormed into editorial room like a mad man searching for the one whom responsible for his humiliation and the way he slammed her to the wall. 

 “It’s you who put the stupid thing up right, isn’t it?”

 His big hand caught her chin firmly forcing her to look at a taller him. If look could kill, Yerim would die at the scene. She gulped a big lump formed in before replying it with a timid no. She was expecting something from him, maybe a threat or fist but nothing came. It was Namjoon and Taehyung who stopped him. 

“Cut it off, Kook. She’s just doing her job. It’s me who assigned her to post the confession. And we just posted the first one we received and it happened to be something about you. You know I have nothing against you, Kook.” Namjoon tried to rationalize the situation with diplomacy but the Jeon Jungkook was still tense and remained silent. 

 “Alright, Kook. We will settle this at home. Tae, get him out the room.” 

Taehyung apologetically nodded his head at Yerim before he practically dragged Jungkook out. It puzzled her how did the two just obeyed Namjoon at that time.

 Yerim furiously shook her head when she recalled the scene. It was rather a terrifying memory for her. Since then, Soul Elite Confession became a new sensation to the school. Well, a lot of things happened due to it, both good and bad. Because they had so many confessions coming in, they decided to put a theme every day and they still kept the rule of posting the first received as Namjoon said it would be fair for Jungkook case. Those were sent after twelve midnight will be entertain and characters of the confession must not exceed 240 characters.