from strangers to friends

dating diaries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DATING DIARIES ENTRY #4.1

where jin and jisoo are idol friends (implied that both are developing romantic feelings for each other but generally platonic)

The idol is covered by the hood of her sweater as she makes her way down the lit path of the park. She just exited her managers car as she quickly scurried out for this late night meeting. She spotted her company distance away, his broad shoulders weren't a side to be easily missed. Swingly the black plastic bag filled with drinks lightly, she makes her way towards the man who rested himself on one of the cement blocks that bordered the playground and the park. 

Once she reached him, she stretched her hand out to present the bag to the man. "Beer? Is the drinking ban lifted?" He says peering into the black plastic bag.

"Nope." she sighs, stretching over to take a can of peach fizz that was hidden amongst all the can of beer. "That's why I have this. Yang Hyunsuk would kill me if I took even a sip." she explains, lightly shaking the can in the air.

"Oh well. " he smirks, purposely opening the can of beer in her face and taking an exaggerated slurp. "No alcohol, no dating, no plastic surgery. Nice company you're working for."

"Haha." she sarcastically says. "I'm fine with no alcohol. I don't really want to date right now and I mean I definitely don't need plastic surgery, don't you think?" she says batting her eyelashes and cupping her face at the idol.

"What a small ego you have." he comments jokingly.

"Says the one who calls himself worldwide handsome."

"You disagree?" he says, in fake astonishment and he presses his hand against his chest. "I'll tell my ARMYs on you."

"Go ahead. My BLINKs won't live it down." she refutes as she opens the can, letting the crisp sound of the fizz from the peach flavoured drink pierce the air.

Jin chuckled lightly, smiling at the idol. Reminiscences of how they started to be friends ran through his mind in that moment. Both groups were often at the same events and saw each other at them, but it was all just simple bows and greetings with applauses whenever a group won an award. There was no said interaction between the two groups like how the fans speculated - that is until now.

He knew it would be dangerous and stupid to approach her, but he was so intrigued that they had so many similarities and that they looked so alike. It was similar with how he befriended comedian, Ji Seok Jin because of the concidence that they both have the same name - but befriending a male comedian was different from befriending a girl group idol in the industry.

s told him to mind his own business but he decided to bite the bullet and strike up a conversation with her. His persistence in becoming her friend shocked her, and made her think that he was interested in her. Initially, she was very defensive and evasive towards him, but soon, they exchanged numbers and started meeting up to eat. Unknowningly, he became a someone she never knew she needed in her life.

"Why'd you suddenly want to meet in a park? I had a hard time convincing my manager to let me see you. She keeps on telling me it's a waste of my time."

"What do you mean?"

"She knows we're not dating and she knows we're completely platonic, and that neither of us are making any moves on each other. If someone catches us, it'll cause alot of trouble for the higher ups and Blackpink. She doesn't want the rumours to fuel." Jisoo explains uncomfortably, not wanting to inflict any unnecessary guilt on Jin.

"Did she scold you?"

"No." she lies.

"Sorry." he says sheepishly, catching onto her white lie quickly.

"Don't care about her. Our friendship is important too. I'll handle it, I'm your oppa." she joked, hoping to lighten the mood.

"Ya, how can you be my Oppa?"

"Why? Is your heart fluttering?" she winks cheekily, using finger guns to point at the male.

"No, but it would if you called me Oppa," he remarks, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Dream on." she fiercely retorts as she hits his arm, giving him a fair warning.

"How's the tour?"

"Amazing, but tiring at the same time. We're exhausted but when we start the concert, the atmosphere is great and it mak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter