Chapter 15 — Meet the Myouis

Don't Urge Me

Mina wakes up beside a sleeping Momo whose arm is wrapped around her. She takes in the brown-haired girl’s features as she recalls the events of last night. After what seemed like an hour of making out, Mina and Momo finally decided to go to sleep. Luckily, there was still one empty room even though almost everybody passed out.

 

Momo stirs and slowly opens her eyes. She sees her penguin girlfriend staring at her.

 

“Ohayo!” Momo greets her, unable to control her Japanese. She puts a hand over when she realizes so. Mina giggles at the sight.

 

“So adorable,” Mina says. She leans in to kiss Momo, but the raccoon pushes her head away. Mina pouts at this.

 

“I have morning breath,” Momo confesses. “Sorry.” She smiles sheepishly. “I’ll make it up to you later.”

 

Momo gives Mina a kiss on the cheek, and it’s enough for now. The pair comes out the room and sees Jeongyeon grilling meat, her way of saying sorry for the mess she caused last night. After the hearty breakfast some of the girls swim for the last time, then they pack their bags and head home. This time, Momo sits by my Mina’s side throughout all rides. Nayeon even spots the two holding hands every time she glances at them. Even Jihyo and Tzuyu, who had just defined their relationship last night, notice them.

 

The girls part ways when they arrive at the Gimpo airport. Chaeyoung and Dahyun ride a cab together. Sana and Nayeon ask Jeongyeon to drive them to the Hirai residence because they don’t want to interrupt MiMo time—that’s the official name they decided to call the pair.

 

Jihyo approaches Mina to say goodbye since Tzuyu offered to take her home.

 

“We’ll talk about this later,” Mina tells her best friend, smiling knowingly.

 

“Yes, we have a lot to talk about,” replies Jihyo, looking back and forth between Mina and Momo. “Bye, Myoui!”

 

Momo drives the penguin home. She walks Mina to their doorstep, and before she could kiss her goodbye, Mina speaks.

 

“Do you want to go inside? I want to show you something.”

 

“Okay.”

 

Mina takes Momo’s hand and they go upstairs to the ballerina’s room. Beside the window is a 5-feet tall glass case full of certificates and trophies. Momo looks at the title of these awards.

 

“Black Swan?” Momo says when she sees that most of the awards were given under this name.

 

Mina nods. “They used to call me that in high school because I trained as a ballet dancer for eleven years. But I don’t really make that public knowledge now that I’m in college.”

 

“Don’t you wanna be called Black Swan anymore?” Momo asks.

 

“No, it’s not that. I just wanted to learn new things. I want to be known not just for being a ballerina but an overall talented person.”

 

“Like an idol?”

 

Mina chuckles but agrees with the comparison. “Yeah, like an idol.”

 

“I think you’ve achieved that goal,” Momo mutters, grinning at her girlfriend. She grins even more at the thought that Mina is her actual girlfriend now—not just for pretend. Momo walks closer to Mina and kisses her softly on the lips. Then she pulls the ballerina in for a tight hug, and Mina hugs her back.

 

“Thank you for sharing this with me,” the brown-haired girl mumbles, just loud enough for Mina to hear. Suddenly they hear a knock on the door and it bursts open afterwards, revealing Mina’s older brother, Kai. The two girls jolt away from each other but it’s too late; Kai already saw the display of affection.

 

“I hope you weren’t doing something icky awhile ago…” he says, scrunching his nose.

 

“Icky?” Mina raises her eyebrow. “Real mature, Kai.”

 

Kai sticks his tongue out at Mina. “Mom! Dad! Mina and her girlfriend are here!”

 

“Oh no,” says Mina, turning to Momo and grabbing her by the shoulders. “You have to hide. Now.”

 

Momo laughs at the penguin. “No. I don’t want to.”

 

“But—”

 

“Momo!” Mrs. Myoui squeals, walking towards the girls. Meanwhile Mr. Myoui stands by the door. Mina’s mother pulls Momo in for a big embrace. Momo in turn hugs her back awkwardly.

 

“Moooom,” Mina whines.

 

“Dinner’s ready, girls. And Kai,” Mr. Myoui announces. “Let’s go downstairs. You too, Momo.”

 

The Myouis and Momo eat dinner together, Mina’s mom and dad talking to Momo in Japanese. For the most part hey ask her about the Hirai Enterprises and what’s it like being rich (yes they actually ask her that). Kai talks to Momo in Japanese, too.

 

“Hey Momo, did Mina tell you about the time she cried on the bus—ow!” Kai glances at Mina who has now a murderous look on her face. “Okay, okay, I’ll stop, geez.”

 

Momo laughs at Mina’s reaction to Kai teasing her. She makes a mental note to ask Kai about it later.

 

“You know Momo,” Mr. Myoui starts, “our daughter is a very smart girl. We wanted her to work after high school but she said she wanted to study! That’s why I think she’d make a good wife; she would want your kids to study and get good grades, too!”

 

Mina almost chokes on her food upon hearing this. She takes a sip of her water and glances at Momo who is surprisingly calm.

 

She walks Momo to her car after dinner, fingers intertwined as they move slowly to the Vios.

 

“I’m sorry,” Mina utters.

 

“For what?”

 

“My family in general. They wanted me to work because they couldn’t afford for me to go to college. But I pushed through my studies, so now their new goal is for me to marry someone rich.” Mina coughs. “Namely you.”

 

“Don’t be sorry for your family. The truth is I enjoyed talking to them. I… I didn’t experience any of that with my parents.”

 

Mina squeezes Momo’s hand. They’re right outside Momo’s car now.

 

“I’ll see you next week?” Mina says.

 

Momo nods. “Thank you for the best birthday gift ever.”

 

“Eh? I didn’t give you anything. Do you want me to buy—”

 

Mina doesn’t get to continue her sentence when Momo kisses her lips. She kisses her back and it lasts for about a minute or so.

 

“Mina, you don’t have to buy me anything. You’re the gift I’m talking about.”


“You’re too cheesy, Momoring,” Mina complains, yet she’s clearly blushing.