Final

Painful Love

I kind of rushed it because I wasn't planning on writing so much.... But I hope you like it anyway :)

 

 


It was March 26. 

Lu-ge [12:11 am]:  I hope you won't be mad like Sehun for being late...  Happy birthday, Baozi :) 

Minseok smiled as he read the text from his best friend.  As he was replying back, he heard s whispering behind his door, and within seconds they busted into his room singing him "Happy Birthday" with a cake. 

"Happy birthday, hyung!" all of the members exclaimed after Minseok had blown the candles out. 

The birthday boy smiled and thanked his younger members.  Then the nine members moved into the kitchen to cut and eat the cake.  And once they finished eating and chatting, they all retreated to their own rooms. 

As Minseok laid in bed, he unlocked his phone to find texts from Kris, Zitao, some other friends, and Luhan.  He texted quick thank you's to his friends and went back to his unfinished text to Luhan. 

Lu-ge [12:15 am]:  Don't tell me you're mad, that's why you're not replying...

Lu-ge [12:17 am]:  Okay, I'm sorry, Min...  I won't be late next time, I promise T_T 

Minseok chuckled quietly in his bed and finished his text before putting his phone down, pulling his covers up, and falling asleep. 

Over in China, Luhan was drying off after taking a nice warm shower.  He got home from dance practice and immediately took a shower to wash away all the sweat he gathered.  After his shower, he looked at the time and noticed that it was already past midnight in Seoul. 

He grabbed his phone from his duffle bag and texted his best friend since it was his birthday and all.  After waiting a couple of minutes for a reply, he didn't get one, so he started typing again.  To busy himself, he went into his kitchen and brought something small out to eat.  When he heard his phone ding, though, he rushed to get his phone. 

Baozi [12:29 am]: Sorry, Lu, the guys surprised me with a cake and I didn't get a chance to text you back right away.  Anyway, thanks, and I'll give you your surprise soon.  Goodnight  :) 

Luhan smiled at the text, but wondered about Minseok's little surprise for him.  No matter what the "surprise" was, he knew that he had to get to bed and wake up bright and early for filming tomorrow.  After he had cleaned up, he went straight to bed. 

Minseok's alarm rang at 8 am sharp.  He literally jumped out of bed and went to wash up.  After washing up, he ran into the kitchen and started making breakfast for s.  Though he was not one of the greatest cooks within the team, he just felt that kick of energy, probably with the help of some coffee, too, and wanted to make something for them. 

Once Minseok was done cooking and setting the table, he went to each of the members' rooms to wake them up. 

"What's got you so cheery this morning, hyung?" Jongin asked as he plopped himself down in a chair. 

"Oh, it's just my birthday and all," Minseok replied.  "Go ahead and eat," he told them. 

After breakfast, Minseok went back to his room and finished packing the rest of his stuff.  His luggage wasn't big-- actually, it was just a small carry-on-- but being the neat, organized person that he was, he always double checked and made sure he had everything. 

As Minseok was double checking, Jondae decided to stop by his room. 

"Are you nervous?" Jongdae asked. 

A little startled, Minseok turned to see who it was before answering.  "Yeah, my hands are sweating." 

Jongdae just chuckled.  "It'll be fine, hyung." 

"I hope so..."  Minseok stood up.  "To be honest, I'm a little more nervous about having to speak Chinese again after so long." 

"Just call Yixing whenever you need help...  Or better yet, call your lover boy.  I bet he'd be more than glad to help you." 

"That just ruins the purpose of going, Jongdae." 

"Yeah, I guess you're right." 

Minseok shook his head at his other best friend and finally zipped up the suitcase. 

Around the same time that Minseok was packing, Luhan was on his way to the filming site of "Hurry Up Brother."  He had gotten up early and was picked up by his manager. 

Once they arrived, he greeted the staff and everyone else before going into his dressing area and getting his make-up done. 

"Ge," Luhan called for his manager. 

"What's up?" his manager asked. 

"When can I go to Korea again?" 

"I don't know, Han.  It depends." 

Luhan sighed at his manager's answer.  He knew that it was difficult, but all he wanted to do was see his ex-members, especially his Baozi. 

At the same time Luhan had started filming, Minseok was on his way to Beijing. 

Within a couple of hours, Minseok had made it to China and was able to drop his stuff off at the hotel he had booked.  Then he contacted Luhan's manager and started making his way to the place where they were at. 

When Minseok had first arrived all by his lonesome, he was terrified.  He was nowhere near fluent with the Chinese language and it had been such a long time since he was in China, but soon he got the hang of it all.  Plus, he had a few fans who noticed him and helped him out.  He felt proud of himself, which brought his mood up even more.  It was his birthday, though he didn't want to remember his age, he got tons of birthday wishes, s celebrated with him with cake and a couple of gifts, he was gaining courage, and he was about to see his best friend. 

On the way to Luhan, Minseok decided to buy some snacks and other things for the two of them.  The snacks were ones that they used to love back in the day and it brought back some good memories. 

After his quick stop, he continued on the road.  The taxi driver dropped him off in front of the building that they were filming at and left after Minseok paid his fee. 

Minseok felt so nervous, but happy at the same time.  Things were going great, and he just hoped that Luhan would accept him, even after so many years. 

He called Luhan's manager and told him that he was there, and within a couple of minutes Luhan's manager came out to greet Minseok.  Luhan's manager lead Minseok into the building and showed him Luhan's room. 

"He'll be so happy when he sees you, Xiumin-ah," Luhan's manager said. 

"Thank you," Minseok said. 

Luhan's manager nodded and then left, leaving only the door between Minseok and where Luhan was.  Minseok had to take a deep breath to gather all of his courage again.  Then he slowly opened the door. 

Excitement and joy are feelings that Minseok should have felt when he opened the door.  Instead, he was greeted with shock, sadness, and disappointment.  Just when he thought his day couldn't get any better, it all came crashing down on him. 

It was half his fault, if he were being honest.  He knew he had waited too long, that's why he came face to face with Luhan kissing Dilabra Dimurat. 

Without even knowing, he had stopped breathing, but when his brain told him to take a breath, he made himself known to the two people in the room.  Panic arose in Minseok, but his feet were frozen to the ground underneath him. 

"Who are you?" Dilabra spoke up. 

Minseok watched as Luhan let go of the girl and called out his name.  "Minseok?  What-" 

Just hearing his name come out of Luhan's mouth was enough for Minseok to finally break and run away from the scene.  He ran and ran until he had tripped over himself and fallen to the hard ground.  Only then, did he realize that he had somehow made it outside. 

Before he could even register anything else, he heard his name being called again.  He turned his head to see Luhan running towards him, so he made an attempt to escape and run back to his hotel, but there was a sharp pain in his shins and ankle that stopped him. 

He whimpered in pain, but slowly rose to his feet anyway.  By the time he had stood up, Luhan was already in front of him, gripping his arm, so that he wouldn't run away again. 

"Minseok," Luhan said with a smile.  "Why'd you run away?" 

Minseok couldn't look into his eyes for long and turned his head. 

"A-are you alright?" Luhan asked and scanned him for any injuries.  He gasped when he saw that there was blood running down Minseok's leg.  "You fell, didn't you?" 

Minseok didn't answer.  Instead he decided to ask his own questions.  "Why... did you kiss her?" 

"Huh?  What do you mean, Baozi?" 

"J-Just answer me," Minseok tried to be stern, but he couldn't help but stutter a little. 

"Are you talking about in my dressing room?" 

Minseok gave a small nod, still avoiding eye contact with Luhan. 

Luhan gave a small smile.  "Because I like her, Baozi.  I was going to tell you, but we've both been busy and-" 

"You like... her?" Minseok asked in disbelief.  "I thought...  Why?" 

Luhan's eyebrows scrunched in confusion.  "Does there have to be a reason, Baozi?" 

"Yes!" 

"Why are you angry?" 

"Because I love you.  How can you just go and kiss another girl?  I thought you liked me..." 

Luhan was shocked by the sudden confession.  His crush that he had liked for more than five years finally liked-- no, loved him back. 

"I do like you, Baozi." 

"Then why?  Luhan, I came all the way from home to come see you and confess, but instead I find you kissing that other girl, and she doesn't even know who I am!" 

"Wait.  Are you blaming me?"

"Yes, because-" 

"Minseok, I came out biual and I confessed to you back so long ago.  You never returned my feelings.  Was I supposed to wait forever?  Was I supposed to hope that maybe you would like me back when I knew that it was impossible?  All I did was move on with my life, Minseok.  I moved on and I found someone that I like and she likes me back.  So why is it my fault?!  Why can't you just be happy that I found someone special?!" 

Minseok knew, he just didn't want to believe.  After hearing what Luhan had to say, he was hurt, but he understood.  It was his fault.  Not Luhan's.  He was being delusional.  Thinking that Luhan would wait for him.  Thinking that he was Luhan's special person.  Thinking that he was Luhan's only one. 

Tears were streaming down Minseok's face as he tore Luhan's grip off his arms.  Finally, he looked up at Luhan and forced a fake smile. 

"You're right.  I'm sorry, Luhan.  I'm... happy for you," Minseok said. 

With that, Minseok began to limp away. 

"Minseok," Luhan called out and grabbed his wrist, preventing the smaller to leave. 

Minseok shook away his hand and told him, "I'll text you when I land back in Seoul."  Then he left, without looking back at the taller male.