Operation C.C.

Operation Chocolate Cake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yerin sighed as she was lying on the couch in her apartment, staring at her ceiling.

It was saturday, meaning that she could do anything she wanted to since it was a free day, but instead she decided to count the wooden planks of her ceiling.

Even though the weather was great compared to the week before, the sky being completely clear of any dark clouds and the sun shining, she couldn't bring herself to walk out of the door. Not exactly out of laziness, but because she didn't have any motivation.

 

While counting the amount of wooden planks on the ceiling she heard a buzz resonating through her apartment, her phone that was lying on the table next to her shortly after litting up. On the screen was a white box displayed, notificating her of a new message she had just received.

 

Two hundred and fourty-seven planks.

 

Lazily she reached over to grab her phone, probably one of the most active things she has done today.

Her phone finally showed the message after ages, like it always did. She should seriously buy a new phone, but putting all her pictures and contacts over was a drag.

 

"New message from +82 xx xxxx yyyy. Who is this?" Her eyes went over the screen, reading the message from the unknown person, trying to figure out who it was.

 

+82 xx xxxx yyyy

"I accidentally bought 50 boxes of chocolate cake mix, we need to start baking ASAP, where are you?"

 

She laughed as she read the message, an idea suddenly popping into her head.

 

(Yerin)

"I think you have the wrong number, but count me in anyways, it sounds like fun!~"

 

Yerin sat up waiting for the person to reply, soon receiving a new message with their address. It's not like she had anything better to do, so she might as well help someone with baking cakes.

The bus came exactly when she stepped out of the complex, making her quickly sprint towards it so she'd be able to catch it, arriving at the address the person send to her about 20 minutes later.

 

The doorbell rang, a loud sound suddenly being heard inside.

 

Yerin squinted her eyes, placing her ear against the door to hear what was going on. "..Is everything alright inside?"

As she didn't hear anything after a few minutes she slowly pushed the door open, which wasn't locked for the sake of this story, revealing huge stacks of egg cartons, butter packs, and milk cartons everywhere.

 

She peeked around the corner where apparently the kitchen was, greeted by a stunning girl with long brown hair and fair, milky white skin.

 

A girl that had flour and cake all over her.

 

"..What happened?"

 

The girl jumped a little as she suddenly heard Yerin's voice, averting her eyes from the oven to look at her. She looked at Yerin for a few secounds without saying anything before breaking into a blush, quickly looking at the oven again.

"..I think something's wrong with the oven.."

 

Yerin hurried over to the oven, the cake mold inside with some kind of substance in it from egg yolk, milk, and with chocolate cake parts floating around in it, bubbles forming on top of them. There was indeed something wrong, but not with the oven.

"How even.. I think it's best if you go clean yourself up, I'll try to deal with this in the meantime?"

The girl nodded and smiled sheepishly, running off to where Yerin assumed the bathroom was. She had been curious about who the person was she accidentally messaged, and it being the brunette that was now in her kitchen definitely wasn't a disappointment. 

 

While the girl was in the bathroom Yerin took the hot steel mold out of the oven, pouring the substance in it away. There were some egg shells that got stuck in the sink, along with clods of butter.

As she finished washing the mold off and clean flour and other things that looked like melted butter off the cupboards she heard the door behind her closing, the girl leaning against the kitchen wall, now wearing a new shirt and her hair put up in a high ponytail.

"..Sorry for the mess, thankyou for coming though. The house would probably burn down if I were to do this alone." She admitted, scratching the nape of her neck embarassedly. "Ah, I'm SinB by the way."

 

Yerin smiled as she saw the girl embarassedly standing there. "No problem, you saved me from being bored to death, honestly. And, about that.. You bought 50 boxes of cake mix without being able to cook?" She said, trying not to laugh at the absurd situation.

 

"I can cook! I just.. Can't bake. Or well, I thought I could but then that thing in the oven happened." The girl said as she pointed at the oven, scrunching her face up.

Yerin facepalmed. "Come over here."

SinB went over to stand next to Yerin, who gathered some ingredients from the huge stacks and put them on the cupboard, placing one of the boxes in front of her so she could see the instructions on them.

 

As Yerin explaine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter