Ten, Johnny and I

Ten, Johnny and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ten ! Damn it I already told you to let it go !"

 

Ten turned towards me looking upset but he didn’t let go of my hand and made me enter the coffee house anyway. He forced me to sat down on my chair and sat in front of me, a place from where he could watch the entry.

 

"You didn’t even see him ! Ten protested, he is handsome, nice and single, I don’t understand why you’re being so troublesome ! Damn girls these days..."

 

I looked at him shocked.

 

"I don’t need a men in my life ! Whether it’s a boyfriend or a friend. I don’t want to meet him."

 

I stood up, ready to leave to prove my point but Ten kicked my leg before I could. I sat back holding my shinbone. Even if Ten was my bestfriend sometimes he was acting like a real baby. Usually I liked that part of him, but today I found it really annoying.

 

"Why are you forcing me to meet him ? I’m happy as a single girl.

-Last week you said you wanted a cat !

-Yes so ? They’re cute and unlike men they deserve my love !"

 

He kicked me again with a pissed look. I wasn’t storming out because I was too shy to do so, Ten didn’t cared of other’s looking at him, he wasn’t embarassed so easily as I was. And he knew I would avoid a fight in public, or just any sort of fight. So he knew that if I tried to leave again he would just need to raise his voice, not to threaten me, he would never hurt me, but to make sure I would stay. I was stucked here.

 

"A cat ? In the beggining of your twenties ? In the capital of South Korea ? I do approve the single and proud thing, but if you need a cat that clearly is an alarm signal. It shows you’re desperate ! And what’s next ? You’re going to drink beers watching TV sitting on a couch under a blanket ? He sighed, when you’re single it’s to enjoy life, enjoy your friends, adventures ! One night stands!If you’re single to have a cat, take a men instead, you won’t have to clean after him when he poops, he won’t damage your fournitures and you can have with him.

-It’s not because I want a cat that I’m giving up on having a life !

-Yes you are!It’s the first sign ! I can litteraly hear you scream "Help me I’m giving up on my youth !" You should be thanking me for hearing you and trying to help. What do you friends Hanae and the others said when you told them about your little cat project ?

-They said cats are cute...

-Exactly!Cause that makes one opponent less in the jungle!They certainly want you to get a cat, they would be glad actually, you wouldn’t be there to threat them anymore.

-We don’t threat each others ! I said, they’re my friends ! Not my enemies.

-Said who ? You ? I think Hanae would make anything to supplant you when I cute guy comes in the room.

-Like she needs to supplant anyone, she’s perf..."

 

He hit the table with the dish of his hand making everyone in the room jump of surprise. A few people looked at us, probably upset by the noise but Ten didn’t cared.

 

"See what you’re doing right now ? You’re letting her win by giving up !

-She is my friend !

-Not mine. You are at least as pretty as her, and your personnality is much more intersting. If we would all became invisibles, she would have a dozen of cats or be with an idiot, cause honestly this girl’s personnality level is as high as my cousin’s red fish, trust me, it’s not the brighest fish ever.

-You are being mean and I don’t want to listen to it !

-Because you know I am right. You are friends with her for an unknown reason, but I am not letting you lose against her. Or anyone else. You’re nice, you’re beautiful and smart, you deserve much better than spending the rest of your life flirting with an obese diabetic cat. You’ll do that when you’re seventy."

 

I gave him a shoked look but he didn’t cared to answer to my silent reproaches. The waitress noticing we were done talking came to ask for our order, he took a smoothie and I took an icedcoffee. I tried to stay positive about the situation, at least I was getting a free drink. A small reward looking at what I did. I got out in the middle of the day, took the subway with a lot of other upset people, all of it just to get kicked by my friend at a coffee house to meet the "perfect match for me". Where was that guy anyway ?

 

"You’re friend is late, I said.

-So ? Do you have any other plans ?

-Yes, with my self at home, and with the TV."

 

This time I spread my legs just in time and his foot only kicked the chair. He crossed his arm.

 

"You’re a pain in the . He’ll be here soon, fix your hair before he does.

-And why would I do that ? I don’t care if he thinks I’m ugly. You said it was my brilliant personnality that interested guys anyway.

-Don’t you think I’ve noticed ? It’s not because you’re not wearing high heels, that I didn’t saw the effort you put on your outfit, you’re wearing your favorite jean, you said me once that you like the way it make your look. Even your top, I know you wear this one when you need courage. You’re always wearing these shoes anyway.

-I have no idea what you’re talking about, I said denying.

-You even made a top knot and put on makeup !

-You know I don’t like to go out without having my brows done, don’t call that makeup..."

 

I sighed as a waiter came to us, I shaked my head as he leaned towards us.

 

"Thank you but your colleague is already taking care of us."

 

The waitress was just coming back, puting the glass on the table, but the waiter wasn’t going anywhere. I looked at Ten who was avoiding to eye contact me, looking a little embarassed. So I looked up at the "waiter", he was laughing silently.

 

"Can I sit here ? He asked.

-Johnny this is Mia, Mia, this is Johnny."

 

He was handsome. That was the only thought inside of my head. I know we shouldn’t stop to people’s appearence, but in some case it quite hard. His eyes were a dark hazel colour, but in the direct light they were lighter, like honey. He had a nice, naive look on his face, a soft face, plumped lips, his hair were a soft brown with ginger reflects, everything in his person was nice, soft, simple, even his outfit. He was only wearing a pair of denims and a white T-shirt, the most simple sophisticated look possible. Then I noticed an earring, oh, so that was his "badboy" side ?

I realized I hadn’t stopped starring at Johnny and... oh wait, what ? Johnny ?

 

"Johnny ? I asked, that doesn’t really sound korean.

-Indeed, Johnny answer with a laughter. Both my parents are Korean but I was born in the united states, we came back when I was in highschool.

-Oh...

-Can I sit now or do you have any other question ?"

 

I blushed realizing how rude I was being, of course if it had been Ten it wouldn’t had matter, but with a stranger... So I noded as an answer and quickly took a sip of my drink, leaving Ten and Johnny to discuss about weather and Johnny’s way here. I took the chance to look at him again, even from this angle he was cute ! And tall I realized with a certain pleasure, not that I was a giant myself, but I always enjoy to be with a taller guy, and in Korea most of the boys weren’t that tall. He was at least six feet tall !

I noticed Ten’s look on me and I quickly get back to looking annoyed and indifferent, I didn’t wanted Ten to know how right he was about Johnny, at least on the physical side.

 

"What about you ? Johnny asked, where are you from ?

-Oh ? Did you noticed my accent ?"

 

I was jocking of course, with my blond hair and my blue eyes it was quite hard to not notice I wasn’t korean.

 

"Not at all, he said, if I hadn’t saw you before I could think you are korean, countryside korean but still..."

 

I smiled, I liked his humour.

 

"But really I’m french. I live in Korea for a while now, my father is in the army and when he was transfered here I followed, I did my highschool here, that’s why I learned korean.

-Is he still en Korea ?

-No, but I stayed for my studies.

-What do you study ?

-Geography, and History. But I took a thai option, that’s how I met Ten."

 

Ten noded, still drinking his smoothie.

 

"What about you two ? How long have you known each other ?

-Not that much, three years ? Two years ?

-Three years in September, Ten answered.

-I was his mentor when he started law school, but he eventually gave up and went to your college to study economy right ? But we stayed friends.

-So you’re older ? I asked.

-Aren’t you younger instead ? How old are you ? Twenty one ?

-Twenty...

-I’m twenty two, he said with a smirk. "

 

While Johnny was ordering a drink I looked at Ten with a huge smile. He started to smile too, and his smile was saying "I told you so". I had to take a deep breath to keep acting normal, so I drank a little of my coffee, looking at Ten and Johnny talking about law school and their friends. Johnny was giving Ten some "scoops".

 

"Hyeri’s getting married.

-Wow ? Really ?

-Yes, apparently she is pregnant, but it’s a secret.

-Hyeri ? I asked.

-She was helping students with difficulties in some subjects,.

-So she is your age ?

-Yes."

 

I must have done a really weird face cause they both

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter