The Stranger

My World

SEOUL

It's 9pm kst, the whole city is still busy. You can see some cars rushing for home. Adults drinking freely in the city street. It is August, the hottest season of the year, yet a petite 5'2 in height teenage girl is wearing her hoodie, a mask on her face, a thick glasses in her eyes and a cap on her head.

The passerby's are glancing onto her direction, but she doesn't care. All she cares is to have some time to breath and roam around the busy city of seoul freely, away from the flashes of cameras, loud announcement from the speakers and huge crowd. You might know who she is, and yes that petite teenage girl is Choi Yoo Jung.


-------
🎶pick me, pick me, pick me up. pick me, pick me, pick me up.🎶loud ringtone rings

Choi yoo jung immediately took her phone outside her pocket and checked who is calling.

"Doyeon? Ugh what now?" yoojung talking to herself as she sees her bestfriend calling her.

Yoo jung immediately answered the phone, thinking of what excuses to say to cover up from sneaking out of the dorm in the middle of the night alone and outside.

"WHERE ARE YOU?!! I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU!" the furious doyeon shouts at her sneaking best friend.

"Look, I am sorry okay? I just need some time to walk and breath some fresh air. I'll be back in 30 minutes. Please cover me up, when manager oppa comes by." yoojung trying to make doyeon calm herself down.

"Don't tell me, you're in your disguise escapade again? Come on YOODAENG! How many times do I have to tell you that you can't do that anymore. I let you pass when we are still in I.O.I, but it's different now. Our agency needs us to be careful, we just debuted and you know that."

"okay okay I'm going back to the dorm now. Calm down. Love you!" yoojung ended the call and hung's up immediately, before her bestfriend gets mad again. (yes, doyeon is still calm that way. )

Suddenly a strong wind passed, and of a sudden drizzle started falling from the sky. That drizzle, later on became a strong rain. Yoojung immediately run and looked for a shed. She stood there and waited til the rain stops. Her dorm is only few meters away, but she can't escape from the strong rain and is doing her best to keep herself dry. Loud thunderstorms can be heard, making yoojung scared, alone and unsafe from getting sick.

All of a sudden footsteps can be heard approaching. Yoojung heard that footsteps and started to get scared, she thinks it's the sasaeng fans that noticed her presence and is following her. The Footstep's noise is getting nearer and suddenly someone grabbed her shoulders. The scared yoojung's body is trembling. She wants to run and shout for help, but she couldn't. Tears started falling from her eyes, down to her cheeks, but suddenly...
.
.
.
.
.
.
"excuse me miss?" a tall guy approached the trembling yoojung

"miss ? Miss ? Are you okay?" the guy's voice seems worried.

"Is she deaf ? What I am even doing here ?" the guy whispered to himself, but loud enough for yoojung to hear.

"ye-yes?" her voice is shaky but she is responding to the strangers question.

"God ! You can hear me" the tall stranger smiled and yoojung somehow felt relieve

"wa-wait are you crying ? Are you perhaps ombrophobic?" the strager felt something was wrong and immediately removed his coat and gave it to the scared yoojung.

Yoojung had gone back to her senses, and is suspicious with the guy's behaviour.

"why are you giving this to me?" as she grabbed and pointed the coat at the stranger. She is wondering if he is a sasaeng or did he already noticed who she is. Things are running inside her mind. She is unsure, and the strong rain is not helping with the situation.

"Don't get me wrong, but I am not hitting on you. I saw you crying and I think it is better to give you some comfort." the guy trying to defend himself.

What is he? Should I run now? Should I defend myself ? Should I say thank you? Should I apologize? Things are running on her head hastily. Yoojung doesn't know how to respond.

The guy's face can't be seen because he is blocking the lights.

"you see? I am lost. This is my first time here. I don't know where I am, my phone's dead, I don't know the bus codes, and it is raining." the guy added

"sorry i thought you are following me." Yoojung felt relief and is now sure that the guy does not recognize her.

"of course not, why would I follow you? I'm just going to ask where is the nearest convenience store."

"oh ! The convenience store is 300meters away. From that corner turn left." yoojung giving the guy directions to the store.

The guy smiled in relief, and thanked yoojung for the help. He then grabs his umbrella and hands it to yoojung.

"here you go, I think you needed this more than I do. " the guy smiled and faced yoojung. Close enough for the petite girl to see his face clearly.

The guy then run away, rushing and is trying not to get wet by the rain as much as possible. Yoojung then left astonished, because the guy let himself get soak bythe rain and gave her his umbrella. What is more shocking is that the guy's face is extremely handsome. After that situation, yoojung rushes to go back to the dorm.

 

 

------

Tiptoeing and is afraid to get caught. Yoojung manually opens the door, to her shocked she saw her bestfriend doyeon crossing her arms and is ready to nag.

"WHE--" yoojung immediately covered the tall girl's mouth. Trying her to keep quiet and not to wake the other members up.

"shhhhhhhh" yoojung then grabbed doyeon's arms and dragged her to their room. She told Doyeon the whole story, on how a strager approched her, sacrificed his umbrella and got soak by the rain. Doyeon laughed and is trying to lower her volume of laughter.

"INSO ! INSO! You are giving me cringe. That guy must've felt bad for you. " the tall girl laughed so hard and is fooling around yoojung again.

 

"WHATEVER!" Yoojung threw her pillow on her bestfriend's face, trying to make her shut up. After that conversation, doyeon turned the lights off and slept. Meanwhile, yoojung is still thinking about the guy's whereabout.

-------------------------------------------

 

D.O.T

Yoodaeng- yoojung's nickname
INSO- A korean slang that means "very cheesy, or coming from an internet novel."

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

MORE UPDATES TO COME HOPE YOU LIKE IT!!