fin

while lingering in the universe, we got each other
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jonghyun wondered where it had all went wrong.

If you asked Jonghyun five years ago if he thought Nu'est was going to succeed, he would've answered yes with no hesitation. They were all shining so brightly, so optimistic. They were a group of teenagers waiting for stardom. Now, he's not so sure. Back then, none of them knew that the idol lifestyle was really just a harsh cycle of hard work and not getting the recognition you deserve for it.

He was a pitiful excuse of a leader; no wonder everyone saw them as a "failed group". Seeing the way he and s practiced all night long, working so vigorously, when no one paid attention to them. It was hard. All he could do is make sure they didn't pass out and keep them hydrated. He still wears the brightest grin he can muster and live another day as the horrible leader he is.

He would have quit a long time ago if it weren't for his group members.

"Jonghyun..."

If it weren't for a certain someone.

"Jonghyun-ie!"

Jonghyun snapped out of his train of thought, realizing he's been sitting against the dance practice wall for about fifteen minutes now. A shadow loomed over him, and he glanced at its owner.

"Yah, stop zoning out like that," Minhyun yapped, lightly hitting Jonghyun's head. He flashed him his signature eye-smile.

Jonghyun bowed jokingly. "Sorry about that, Emperor."

He looked around. Minki, Dongho, and Aron weren't in sight. Only him, Minhyun, and one of their old songs playing faintly in the background filled the practice room.

"Everyone else left already." Minhyun replied, automatically reading Jonghyun's mind,"It's already 2am, we should head back too."

"No, I still need to practice,"Jonghyun said firmly, starting to get up,"There's this one move I keep messing up on. You can go without me."

Before Jonghyun got out of his sitting position, he felt a hand on his shoulder stop him. Minhyun wore a stern look, looking him in the eyes. "Stop pushing yourself so hard. Now, you're going back to the dorm with me right now," he took a hold of both his shoulders and started pushing him towards the exit, "Whether you like it or not, mister." Knowing how stubborn Minhyun tended to be, and half expecting that reply in the first place, Jonghyun decided it was easier to go with his commands than resist. He let Minhyun drag him all the way until they reached outside.

The late night air nipped at Jonghyun's exposed neck. It was mid-January, and wearing a measly h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter