Final

Sweet sweet grey sweater

"I'm home," Jimin half yelled at the empty corridor of his small apartment. Old habit dies hard, they said. Even though it's been 5 months since he moved out from Jungkook's apartment.

Jimin let out a sigh as he meets with another silence. To be honest, he isn't used to a quiet house, he is too used to hearing television noises in the living room when he comes back home from work, he is too used to find a young tall man half running to the front door to give him a welcome home hugs and kisses.

It's suffocating to have to feel the longing of what it used to be whenever he comes back home, so sometimes he doesn't even go to his own apartment and choose to stay with Taehyung, his best friend, instead. But at night like this, when the air is a little bit too cold, when the exhaustion is a little bit too much and when the feeling of longing is a little bit too heavy than usual, he chooses to go home.

After putting his shoes on the shoe shelf (that seems a little bit too empty without some familiar timberland boots there), Jimin decides to take a shower to refresh his mind a bit.

The warm water was touching his skin ever so softly as if it gives him a little pat of comfort.

He doesn't spend much time in the shower though. He doesn't really like seeing one toothbrush in the clear glass that he put near the mirror.

Sometimes Jimin hates himself for noticing every single little detail that has changed since how it was five months ago. Like how there is no a teasing whistle sounds when he goes out from the bathroom with only a small towel covering his lower half, or how the bed is so neatly done and there are no manga books scattered on top of it.

Sometimes his mind goes back to wonder, why the hell they choose to break up? Why did he leave the apartment that he has been living for almost 3 years with his ex-boyfriend.

That sometimes seems to come by way too often, though.

After putting a comfortable shirt and basketball short Jimin decide that today will be the last day he thinks about Jungkook. That today will be the last day he cries about him, he made make a promise to himself that tomorrow he will start a new life for sure. He will move on, he will go to the club after work and hook up with a hotter guy than Jungkook, and he will have the best of his life. He will take Jungkook off of his mind no matter what it takes.

But for tonight he will let himself drown in the memory of his past boyfriend for the last time.

So Jimin takes his foot to walk out from his bedroom, going to the kitchen to grab an instant popcorn and pop it into the microwave. He takes his phone out and his finger automatically typing out a number that he already memorize in his mind, without thinking about the effect that will hit him in the morning, like a drunk person he presses the green button to call the number.

Every ring that going through his ear was almost synchronized with his heartbeat that is getting faster each second.

He was waiting for the sweet voice to greet him at the other end of the line, wishing that he will be kind enough to greet him nicely, because today is the last day he will let Jungkook be in his life, and after tonight he will erase Jungkook existence from his life. He promised, and he is not the type to break his promise.

After waiting for some time the other guy picked up the phone.

Jimin's breath hitched as he realizes that the ringing has stopped, he frantically opens up his microwave and trying to get the popcorn out from there.

"Ah!" Jimin yelp to the phone as he realizes that his finger almost got burned by the hot microwave-able bowl that he use to store the popcorn. He was about to curse his luck when he heard the worry in the voice that he had missed so much.

"Hyung? Are you alright? What happened?"

Instead of answering Jimin finds his lips curved into a smile, a sweet smile that is full of adoration.

Even after five months, Jungkook voice doesn't seem to change, and the worry that he held in his voice is still the same kind of worry that he used to hear when he woke Jungkook up in the middle of the night and tell him that he can't sleep well.

"Hyung? Hey, Jimin hyung, are you alright?" Jungkook asked once again, the worries seem to have built up in his voice and it snaps Jimin back to the reality.

"Uh-huh," Jimin said as he walked up to the living room, changing the channel to one of Jungkook favorite channel that he can hear the sound of his television synchronize to the background voice on the other end of the line, "I was making popcorn but I-"

"Burned your hand because you just touch the bowl with your bare hand." Jungkook finished his sentence for him and let out a sigh.

Jimin doesn't know where did he have the nerve to giggles at the annoyance in Jungkook's voice.

"Same old Jimin hyung that I know, when will you ever start being careful in the kitchen huh?"

Jimin laughs when he heard the comments that flow out from Jungkook's mouth. It's been a long time since the last time he got scolded by the younger guy, he can't help but feel a little warm start growing inside of his body, the feeling that he hadn't felt in a while.

After some time they both fall into a silent, Jimin focus on hearing a little soft voice of Jungkook's breathe on the phone.

"Why are you calling, hyung?" He asked, finally breaking the silence between them.

Jimin shakes his head before he realizes that Jungkook can't actually see him right now, so he answered with a small voice, "Miss you."

There was no answer from Jungkook, and for a moment Jimin feels like his heart is about to burst from beating so fast and his eyes feel so hot like he is sure he is about to cry.

Jungkook sighed, his mind was wondering what happened five months ago. Actually, their break-up was mutual agreement, they've been fighting for too much over stupid things and they feel like they need some fresh air to breath, thinking that living without the other wouldn't be so bad.

Maybe by the way Jungkook always seem to enjoy his life just fine people would think that Jimin is the only one that is hurting but no, because Jungkook still brew Jimin's favorite coffee in the morning just for the sake to feel his presence around him, just to make it feels like Jimin is actually still living there.

Jungkook is not alright because at night he still sprays Jimin's cologne to the pillow next to him, for the sake of feeling the empty warmth of it.

Jungkook is not fine because he is trying so hard to hold his aching heart while talking to Jimin.

Jungkook forgot the reason why they even broke up in the first place, was it because Jungkook always get home late and Jimin accused him cheating? Or was it because Jimin has always looked so busy with himself that he never pay much attention to Jungkook anymore?

"I miss you too," that was the last thing Jungkook said before Jimin burst out.

Jungkook listened silently as Jimin cried and swearing at him, saying how much he misses Jungkook and how frustrating it is to live without Jungkook. He keeps yelling about how he promised that today is the last day he will think about Jungkook, about how after tonight he will finally put on his own favorite show at night instead of Jungkook's, about how he will come home at a reasonable hour and stop being scared of the emptiness in his apartment. he keeps yelling to Jungkook's ears about how he is the only one that is hurting and that Jungkook seems to be fine with his life without Jimin.

Jungkook feels a lump in his throat, he really wants to just screams back at the phone, to yell at Jimin about how it kills him too, about how many times he almost call him but go against it because he is too scared to risk being close with Jimin and had to say another goodbye.

A separation with Jimin feels like all of the separation that he ever went through in his life, all of that but at once.

It feels lonely without Jimin.

It feels like no matter Jungkook step to a place, he is missing something.

It feels heavy, so heavy that Jungkook heart could do nothing but stays in its place without any intention to move on.

With a lonely feeling and empty heart Jungkook wipes his eyes roughly with his sleeve before putting his phone in his pocket, he lets Jimin screaming and crying alone as he takes his car key and runs out of his own apartment.

He doesn't care about anything anymore now.

He doesn't care about the risk of having his heart breaking for the second times.

All he cares about is Jimin and how he should hug Jimin so tightly that his broken heart will be glued back together again.

Jungkook doesn't even realize how fast he was driving until he arrived at Jimin's old apartment, like a possessed person he runs up to Jimin's room and knocking the door like crazy.

"What the , Jeon Jungkook?" That's all that comes out of Jimin's mouth when he open the door to find a red-eyed Jungkook staring back at him.

Jimin feels himself being crushed into a tight, super tight and warm hug.

For a moment Jimin did nothing, still trying to process what is happening in front of him before he wraps his own arms around his ex-boyfriend's tall figure, tears finding its way again to fall down as he said nothing but cried and cried.

Oh how he miss holding Jungkook close like this, it has been so suffocating without Jungkook around, it feels like he can finally breathe now so he let it all out, he cried his eyes out and let Jungkook hugs him so tight until his body goes weak so that Jungkook had to carry him back to the living room where a voice of a gag star laughing was heard from the television.

Jungkook comments nothing about how Jimin looks thinner or how he looks so pale, he is too scared that once he open his mouth he will start to cry. So he said nothing as he put Jimin's head on his chest, caressing the head of his ex-lover softly.

"You are wearing my sweater" It was what Jimin said after a long time being calmed down.

"I don't have anything else to wear at home," Jungkook replied as he felt a blush creeping up to his cheeks.

"You idiot, my sweater is too small for your big body, it looks like you are wearing an ugly crop top." Jimin looks up to him and finally laughs, he laughs so hard because he feels so happy, so happy to have Jeon Jungkook close to him for the first time in a few months.

"Shut up, Jimin." Jungkook scoffed before he starts laughing at the sounds of Jimin's laughter.

It was stupid, really. How they were crying just an hour ago and they are now laughing so hard at something that is not even that funny to start with.

It was stupid, really. How Jungkook catches Jimin's chin between his fingers to tug his face up.

It was stupid, really. How Jungkook leaned in to finally have a taste of Jimin's soft plump lips in after a while.

It was stupid, really. How Jimin's small hand clutched onto the grey sweater.

A sweet, sweet, grey sweater.