Temptations

Pop Quiz: What happened to us?

 

To my surprise, he brought me to a restaurant. I wasn’t expecting this. I was expecting he’d bring me to see his friends and we’d go to a club or bar perhaps. We entered and the waitress led us to a table for two.

 

“Surprised?” He asked.

 

“Of course I am! If you told me earlier that we were going here, I would have dressed more appropriately than this,” I said.

 

“You do look like we’re going to the mall or club,” he chuckled. I just smile in response. “Look at what you want now. You must probably be hungry.”

 

I smiled and took the menu. My mouth watered at the pictures of food they have. I looked at the prices and gasped.

 

“What’s wrong?” He asked. I leaned closer to him and whispered.

 

“This place is expensive!”

 

“Are you saying that I can’t afford this?” He smirked. “If I can’t, I wouldn’t have brought you here, right?” He said with a smile and leaned back to his seat.

 

I looked at the menu again and fixed my seat. A waiter came to us and we ordered.

 

“I’ll have the linguine pasta with seafood and marinara sauce,” he said. They looked at me and waited for my order.

 

“Uhm… This one,” I said and pointed to the picture which looks very yummy.

 

“Any drinks?”

 

“Wine,” Hyunjoong said and we returned the menus.

 

When the waiter was gone, there was an awkward silence. For me, that is. I looked at Hyunjoong and he was looking at me with intense eyes. I looked away, but I still felt his gaze at me.

 

“So, why did you take me here?” I said, breaking the silence.

 

“Can’t I treat you for dinner?” He smiled and we chuckled afterwards.

 

We talked while waiting for our food, but our topics revolved around school only. He kept smiling, but I can tell it wasn’t sincere. I can see him forcing it. Even as the food came, only slight comments about how the food tastes good were said.

 

I don’t know why I have a hard time talking with him right now. Was it because of Donghae? I used to talk to him like the way I talk to Kyuhyun. What makes him different, right?

 

“Jieun-ah,” I turned my head and looked at him. “You look distracted. Is there something running on your mind?”

 

“Nothing. I thought we were supposed to go somewhere else, not in this,” I chuckled.

 

“I know. Do you want to go somewhere afterwards?” He asked.

 

“Anywhere you wanted since you’re the one who invited me,” I smiled.

 

We just continued to eat, talking about what happened when he left at my party and things like shows and current events. In the midst of our talking, his phone rang.

 

“Yeoboseyo? Ne, Kyujong. Now? Where? Okay. Later. Bye,” he said and hung up.

 

He just ate while I looked at him. He raised his head and I just gave him a look.

 

“What?” He asked.

 

“You’re going somewhere?”

 

“Yeah. Kyujong invited me to go to the club with the others.”

 

“Are you going?”

 

“Of course, but after our dinner. Why? You want to come?” He teased.

 

“Can I?”

 

He gave me a look and see if I was serious. Maybe he saw that I wanted it because we hurried to eat and left the restaurant.

 

“Are you sure about this?” He asked.

 

I nodded and he held my hand as we entered the club. I was surprised to see the people in the club because compared to the one I went before, the people dancing seems like they were grinding into each other. Alcohol was everyone and there were even some that were making out. I don’t think I can stand this.

 

 

_*_

 

 

“Have another shot, here,” Jungmin poured another of what we were drinking on my glass.

 

I drank and stood up. I pulled Hyunjoong and danced. The music was loud and everyone in the club had a very energetic atmosphere. I don’t know how many glasses I’ve drank. I have a high tolerance and can’t even remember how many I’ve drank. I just danced with Hyunjoong… and danced like I’ve never danced before.

 

Dance like there’s no tomorrow and enjoy the time.

 

“Oops! Sorry,” I said when I felt someone almost losing her balance. I looked and got shocked to see who it was.

 

“Y-yuri unni…” I helped her and I saw her smile, a smile that wasn’t too friendly.

 

“How are you? You seem to be having fun with Hyunjoong. Where’s Donghae? Is he also here? I don’t think he’ll allow his girlfriend to go to a club with another guy, especially Hyunjoong. I know. He tells me,” she said. For some reason, I felt uncomfortable with what she said. She leaned near my ear and whispered something. “We’re closer than you think. Maybe like you and Hyunjoong… or even closer.”

 

With that, I pushed her away. I went back to the table and saw the others having fun. I took the glass Youngsaeng was holding and drank it. They were shocked and I just suddenly left the club without any word. I was outside and it was cold. The wind of the night was colder than last night. I shivered and rubbed my hands on my arms. Suddenly, a jacket was on me. I turned and saw Hyunjoong.

 

“You’re drunk and it’s cold. Do you think you can go home safe?” He said. I just shook my head and he sighed.

 

He hailed a cab and rode with me. I don’t even know why he’s doing this. I don’t know why he’s helping me. I gently closed my eyes and will just wake up when we’re in my apartment.

 

 

_*_

 

 

“Jieun-ah, we’re here,” I heard his voice and searched for my key. I stumbled upon going down the cab.

 

“3rd floor, room 305,” I mumbled. I had my eyes closed and felt myself being dragged by him.

 

I felt my body fall on something soft. I don’t know if it was the couch or the bed though. I opened my eyes and saw Hyunjoong. He was mumbling some words that I could not understand. I closed them for a while and I saw Donghae.

 

“Oppa…” I called out. He spoke again, but I still could not understand. The pain in my head was throbbing. “Donghae oppa…”

 

I grabbed him and let me feel his lips. It was weird how it was different though. Donghae’s lips weren’t like this. I just let it be until I could fall asleep.

 

 



 

 

 

Sorry. I was supposed to update last night, but my focus was on my online enrollment. What kind of school would have an online enrollment past midnight? T.T Then we were shocked to see that we were going to make our own sched, which also surprised those from those in the higher level because it was supposed to be block sections. The worst part, I waited up to quarter to 2 in the morning for subjects to come out at my account to fix my subjects, but nothing happened. I have to fix my sched to avoid having 7:30 a.m. classes and I don't want to end by 6 p.m.~ T.T

 

Also, being sentimental that I found out that one of my fave members in Exo has hemophilia~ 3

 

Anyway, enjoy~ Comments are loved~