01 - Present (The Prelude)

Arduous

Weddings are usually one of those events that Baekhyun always looks forward to.

        Call him cheesy and all that jazz, but the male just finds something ethereal and heart warming to see the groom and the bride exchanging vows, to love each other until death do the couple apart - even though most couples these days seem to forget their promise once they are married. Funny, really, the human nature is, forgetting all the things they have been through together once it’s gone wrong - even the slightest one.

        Baekhyun can’t really blame those who are divorced, though. Better be apart and move on sounds more like it, rather than hurting and loathing someone who lives under the same roof - or worse, hurling abuse at the children.

        / Really, for now he just wishes he will marry the One - a partner for everlasting love, a companion to live his life to the fullest./

        He gazes around the wedding venue he’s at. Off white and silver decoration all over the place, chiffon and ribbons are beautifully adorned on the perfectly lined chairs and serving tables. The bride chooses the venue well, Baekhyun muses. Of course she does - Sorim never makes any stupid choices she will regret later, especially for her own wedding.

        The place is just like she always wanted since she was younger; spacious garden by the sea. Even the decors look so perfect; a perfect balance of the bride's and the groom's personas, just like she has dreamed of. Baekhyun has listened to Sorim’s rambling for years and years, how could he forget it?

        Especially when he used - or he still does, only God knows - to try fulfilling Sorim’s perfect wedding.