Kookie(s) in My Oven: Prologue

Milk in My Tea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kookie(s) in My Oven

Prologue


 

Karissa’s POV

 

After ending the concert on the highest note possible, our group was hype as hell. Quinn finally told us all about the huge house she and Namjoon had spent the night in, and after some negotiating, the guys were given permission to go party with us at the house.

 

From there, things went by in a blur. Since the guys had to stay after the concert to take some group photos with their fans, the rest of us headed over to a store to grab some food and copious amounts of alcohol. Tiana didn’t want to miss out on the fun, so she stuck around with us.

 

“Damn, Quinn wasn’t lyin’ when she said this place was big!” Tiana cried, as we pulled up to the house, two cars full of groceries and supplies. Niah and Quinn climbed out of her rented car beside us and we got to work on unloading everything.

 

I was assigned kitchen duty, and with Niah at my side, we started frying up an array of party foods. Since we were in the States, we didn’t even bother making any Korean dishes, but I doubted the guys would care.

 

“So she left the two Southern belles in charge of the food? Sounds like a good idea to me.” Tiana observed as she came into the kitchen, taking a seat at the island bar in the center of the room.

 

“Hey, I’m not a Southern belle; that’s Kari,” Niah teased, playfully poking me with the handle of a wooden spoon.

 

“Just cause I’m from Kentucky-” I started to protest, but Tiana and Niah were too busy cackling.

 

“From Kentucky~!” Tiana parroted, with an exaggerated Southern twang.

 

“Kari, your accent is so cute!” Niah cooed, and I narrowed my eyes at her.

 

“Your accent’s so cute,” I echoed, exaggerating her own drawl.

 

Tiana chuckled at that, “If you ask me, both of y’all sound like you’re from Smallsville.”

 

“Well listen here, city slicker, if you know what’s best fer ya,” I joked, making the other two ladies crack up all over again. We went back to watching the stove when Quinn appeared from the living room, texting on her cell.

 

“What are you guys doing in here? Namjoon just told me they’re on their way.”

 

We were a flurry of movement from then on. By the time the guys arrived, we had set up everything -- the food was hot, the drinks were cold, and Tiana had her IPhone hooked up to the Bluetooth speakers in the living room. She had a surprisingly large collection of old school Hip Hop and R&B.

 

It was a blast. Everyone was eating and drinking, and all the guys looked like they were enjoying themselves. It was great to see them chill and relax for once, something that I knew they didn’t get to do very often. We learned quickly who could hold their liquor and who was a lightweight -- Niah was a giggly mess after just two drinks while me and Tiana just watched her get more and more snuggly with Yoongi. When she leaned over and kissed him on his jaw, I knew they would be the first to disappear and sure enough, by the time I poured myself my fifth drink, they were gone.

 

Taehyung just laughed and shook his head, sitting on the sectional with Tiana and a can of Coke.

 

“V, you don’t drink?” I heard Tiana ask him as I took a seat beside her on the couch. V looked at her curiously, tilting his head a little.

 

I translated for Tiana and V nodded, watching Tiana over the metal rim as he replied, “I don’t like the taste of alcohol.”

 

“Hmmmm, I guess I can understand that,” Tiana answered, taking a drink from some green concoction she had put together, “See if you like this one. You won’t be able to taste the alcohol at all.” She encouraged, handing her cup over to him. V took the cup and I translated Tiana’s words for him, making sure he understood.

 

Taehyung put his own drink down, taking the cup from her. He examined her drink, staring at it for a moment. I giggled as his cheeks began to turn a little pink when he noticed Tiana’s lipstick stain on the glass.

 

“I won’t be able taste anything?” He questioned out loud, and I giggled as he put the cup to his lips and tentivaley took a drink.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter